Why did you become a member of Imix

Pretty Preya

aka Tiny-Winey reppin SIA
When I first signed on I only used the chat room..but when that got locked off I started looking at other parts of the site and stumbled upon the message board part..and I just started posting and getting involved from there.

~Urbane~

Yo

TTmudder said:
I was Google searching some stuff up and i stumbled upon some thread (in the google search)that was saying something about Bunji Garlin trying to act like a Yardy with his music . I read what it said and wanted to reply back.

Mali

Foreigner
I always used to come on this site then decided to join just for the hell of it. Actually, I was probably trying to respond to a message and ended up having no choice but to register if I wanted to respond.

GoldenBrown

Whatever Lola wants...
I stumbled across Imix looking for Carival 2k6 info and I peeped for months before getting the courage to join and post. (I was concerned about my reception as a non West Indian) I then realized that I did not have to stay in CC and that I liked most of the other forums and that really interesting dialouge took place in other forums as well. I posted and everyone seemed nice and receptive and I've been hooked ever since.

Last edited:

Sweet Flo

Sweeter Sauce
Sweetsocalady was always facking talkin bout it ... imix this ... imix that, then EVERYONE in Bim was imix this ... imix that ... so I figured, lemme see what this thing is all bout ...

Swerve

Temporary Suspension

I joined las summer but couldnt get into it..but met a bunch of Imixers in BIM and its been on and poppin ever since....

Lilsavage

i was lookin for some soca music and one of da post came up in my search....after lookin at it i decided it would be a good way to chat wit some other west indians

BRIAN

I knew about Imix from it was a live chatroom.Used to be a lot of picking up going on. I joined to learn more about my fellow west indians.I learn more when i just read posts.I notice when a question is asked about any particular island's culture, a siege mentallity sets in,the wall goes up with a big WTF!!!!? and ppl. get defensive.You learn to ask questions like walking on egg shells. Of course if you're a Jamaican, you know questions gonna come at you like rapid, you get used to it, so you dont back from it.

sexymixedgirl

Independent,Strong Woman
I was told about it a while ago by my friends and Family members. So i said i will try it and see how the people are and i was also told that they do talk about some good topics.I have had good times and bad on the site but that is a different story but so far it is a good place to come get some gossip,jokes and more.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
To interact with ppl who traveled to other carnivals and to see other cultures.....and of course catch the latest soca

It didn't turn out that way...seems like everyone or the majority of ppl attend their own carnivals and as far as they are concern it is the best !

but, above all all for me, the soca music side panned out way above my expectation, I learn to appreciate talent from all of these Islands, not that I didn't before... but I never paid too much attention to where a artist is from until i came across Imix ..yet each of the Islands are bring it 10 folds !

Libralove83

Ęmρ®ëśš VăńєŞŞâ
i think i was looking for DC Carnival events in '03 and i came across this site....i don't even remember peeping, just started chattin in the forums in feb. of this year.

D

Dragon

I was looking for online romance ...Still have not found ah date :mda:

LSK

buy the book...
Lady Slaughter said:
i was looking for stuff on dawg e slaughter :O
Stalker

I first joined in 2001 under a name I cannot remember and peeped for a while, but I was always on the road so it was hard to stay interested. I did get my cousin and best friend to join and they stayed active as peepers for years. They probably peepin right now... :pilot:

Then about 18 months ago I signed up again after being sent a link from OPP... :brunette: :tekit

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
LSK said:
Stalker

I first joined in 2001 under a name I cannot remember and peeped for a while, but I was always on the road so it was hard to stay interested. I did get my cousin and best friend to join and they stayed active as peepers for years. They probably peepin right now... :pilot:

Then about 18 months ago I signed up again after being sent a link from OPP... :brunette: :tekit
yeah :eek:k: what she said.