when a person says...

B

Black Madonna

" I lied because they can't handle the truth" What they really mean is "I cannot handle the consequences of telling the truth because I am a coward."

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
i can find a diplomatic way of telling someone the truth without outright lying to them.

Verb

lying makes a person feels powerful..telling the truth is a sign of weakness....

TweetaFineeta

█♥█ TORONTONIAN █♥&#
i can find a diplomatic way of telling someone the truth without outright lying to them.
Agreed. I agree with BM post and this.

Don't forget lying by omission. People do that too. You have people that think it is not lying if they don't say anything ... if you're misleading it's still lying.

ank

lying makes a person feels powerful..telling the truth is a sign of weakness....
lie coverd by lie and covered lie .. keep doing needs that kind of power .
but say nothing is more need power , I think.

B

Black Madonna

Maybe in a domestic situation, but allot of times lying is the right thing to do.
so honesty is not the best policy?. what about in prior sexual history, criminal records, employment status, education and credit history. is it better to lie as to not deal with the consequences of telling the truth....

TOLOMB

Red Man
so honesty is not the best policy?. what about in prior sexual history, criminal records, employment status, education and credit history. is it better to lie as to not deal with the consequences of telling the truth....
That honesty policy works about how much of the time though? It sounds good in theory but what we do is most of the time opposite of what we preach.
People love to judge others to make their existence better, and if you truly care about what others think you will guard and lie about things that will not look on you. Mistakes are sometimes unrecoverable, so why admit?