WHAT ARE SOME OF THE NOTED INDIVIDUALS FROM THE CARIBBEAN or of that BACKGROUND

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
I am CURIOUS to know the MANY NOTABLE persons from the CARIBBEAN or of CARIBBEAN background.

A LIKKLE info on these individuals would be nice too.

I will start it off.

ADONAL FOYLE: Adonal Foyle is from St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

He went to COLGATE UNIVERSITY where he was one of the TOP PLAYERS in teh country.

He was drafted by the Golden State Warriors as the 8th overall pick at the 1997 NBA Draft.

In 2004, he signed five-year, $41.6 million contract to stay with the Warriors.

Adonal's dedication to community service earned him the Mayor of San Francisco's 1998 Sports Hero Award for his "commitment to the underprivileged children of the city of San Francisco." In 1997, the American Heart Association named him their "Athlete With A Heart".

Adonal Foyle is presently pursuing a Master's Degree in Sports Psychology at John F. Kennedy University in Moraga, California.

In the summer of 2001, Adonal founded the organization of Democracy Matters, a non-partisan organization that gives students a voice in issues of democracy.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
DASENT, SIR GEORGE WEBBE (1817-1896), English writer, was born in St Vincent, West Indies, on the 22nd of May 1817, the son of the attorney-general of that island. He was educated at Westminster school, Kings College, and Oxford, where he was a contemporary of J. T. Delane (q.v.), whose friend he had become at Kings College. On leaving the university in 1840 he was appointed to a diplomatic post in Stockholm. Here he met Jacob Grimm, and at his suggestion first interested himself in Scandinavian literature and mythology. In 1842 he published the results of his studies, a version. of The Prose or Younger Edda, and in the following year he issued a Grammar of the Icelandic or Old-N orse Tongue, taken from the Swedish. Returnirig to England ~n. 1845, he became assistant editor of The Times under Delane, whose sister he married; but he still continued his Scandinavian studies, publishing translations of various Norse stories. In 1853 he was appointed professor of English literature and modern history at Kings College, London. In 1861-1862 he visited Iceland, and subsequently published Gisli the Outlaw and ether translations from the Icelandic. In 1870 he was appointed a civil service commissioner and consequently resigned his post ~n The Times. In 1876 he was knighted. He retired from the public service in 1892, and died at Ascot on the 11th of June 1896. In addition to the works mentioned above, he published The Story of Burnt Njal, from the Icelandic of the Njals Saga (1861).

J

Juksan Stabbs

Both Anson Carter and Kevin Weekes are Bajans getting on wufless in the NHL. And Tiger Woods has Bajan ancestry too apparently

T

TRINIPOWA

ADONAL FOYLE is averaging 3.7 points per game and 4.4 rebounds....

HE SUCKS!!!!

~Urbane~

That basketball player Tim Duncan is ......is from the Caribbean .i forgot what island he is from though............and that Model tyson is from trinidad......and wendel from the parent hood is from the caribbean........so is India irie ..and many more

Fiyah

Trinadian said:
That basketball player Tim Duncan is ......is from the Caribbean .i forgot what island he is from though............and that Model tyson is from trinidad......and wendel from the parent hood is from the caribbean........so is India irie ..and many more
Tyson Beckford has Jamaican roots.

sk gyal

Unregistered User
Louis Farrakhan- St.Kitts
Cicely Tyson-Nevis
Malcolm X-Grenada
Alexander Hamilton-Nevis
Marcus Garvey-Jamaica
Jamaica Kincaid-Antigua

Last edited:

benjie

Debble
Trinadian said:
Tim Duncan is from St. Croix, USVI.

Fiyah

Trinadian said:
hey i hear he is has Trini roots.................i seen him on Cin in trinidad talking like a triniman
Six foot, two, Tyson Beckford, was born the the Bronx, NY, on December 19, 1971.

His father is from Jamaica, and although her was born in the Bronx, he grew up in Jamaica and Rochester, NY.

Fiyah

Musical Artists from Jamaica or with Jamaican roots:

* Beat Prophets
* Bob Marley
* Busta Rhymes
* Cannibus
* Chubb Rock
* Ernie Smith
* Grace Jones
* Harry Belafonte
* Heavy D
* Kool DJ Herc
* Notorious BIG
* Renee Neufville

Fiyah

Actors from Jamaica or with Jamaican roots:

* Delroy Lindo
* Madge Sinclair
* Grace Jones
* Shari Belafonte
* Sheryl Lee Ralph

NYC_SOCA_MONARCH

BUMPA INSPECTOR
Arrow (feelin hot, hot, hot) Montserrat soca artist

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS(movie actor) :confused i tink has some monserratian heritage (may have to do some reseach)