Trinis... A Moment Of Your Time Please..

Fiyah

there's Wolmer Boys and Wolmer Girls right? right across the street from each other.. only difference is one is for girls and one is for boys.. these Schools in Eldorado were differently named where 1 was a junior sec and the other was a senior comp.. then the structure of the schools changed so the distinction as to what kind of school changed so no more junior sec and senior comp.. so it became East and West.. what's hard to grasp about that..

What's up with the All age schools in jamaica? kindergarten and 8th grade in the same school? do these students take a test to leave there and go on to regular high school? what is Mico Practising Primary and Jr. High school.. a junior sec and primary school all-in-one?
Like I said... I completely understand schools having the same names being right beside each other if they each concentrate on different grade levels. I also get the boys and girls split schools. Its When you have two schools with the same grades and the same name right beside each other that I don't get. When they expanded the schools and changed the names they could have picked better names that East and West just because one is to the East of the other. Kinda tacky if yuh ask me.

Fiyah

why you getting agitated ?..doh worry I will get a good looking indian Trini woman fuh yuh..sine love indian so much ..she will calm yuh nerves :kicks:
Just leave di race ting alone nuh man! Why everyting have to be about race wid you people?! :rofl:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well that's you.. maybe there are different concentrations available in one school versus the other..so you go East if you want to study certain subjects, you go west to study others.. what's the name of that female national hero in jamaica again? Nanny? ok.. tacky is the eye of the beholda nuh true..

Fiyah

well that's you.. maybe there are different concentrations available in one school versus the other..so you go East if you want to study certain subjects, you go west to study others.. what's the name of that female national hero in jamaica again? Nanny? ok.. tacky is the eye of the beholda nuh true..
I suppose.

Cimo 2

KingBea...
:kicks

Yute... for real... ah wasn't going the segregation route this time. I was just laughing ovah mah keyboard that yuh have too versions of the same school - East and West - that right beside each other separated by a fence! :rofl:
Damnit it obviously the Trini version of west side story. There's a new reality based show thats being pitched. they needed a media gimmick like the whole balloon boy situation. draw attention then work the pilot.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Damnit it obviously the Trini version of west side story. There's a new reality based show thats being pitched. they needed a media gimmick like the whole balloon boy situation. draw attention then work the pilot.

________dat joke #flatline. lol.

S

sharkie

Fiyah, you asking about the population vs the amt of Indo-Trinis in the vicinity. Remember, in Trinidad, you don't have to go to the highschool closest to you, that is only part of the formula. So people in Tunapuna (not TunaPuna, lol) don't have to send their children to Eldo Blue/Brown because they live in Tunapuna. Instead, children pass for the schools.

Tunapuna could be mostly Indian, but if only 5% of the children come from Tunapuna, then few will be indian. No?

Appreciate it Lieutenant!

So... explain why a secondary school in an integrated area of Trinidad has not one single Indian student in the video. :drinks:
The reason why is because majority of Blacks/Nigga People chirren don't like to focus on their studies and end up in the lower rated Junior sec/Comprehensive schools. Do you realize the ghetto culture that they are emulating in the video (Ghetto Jamaican Dance hall). While The East Indians study hard and strive for excellence and they end up in the top schools. This is not a rule but this is a generalization.

S

sharkie

The reason why is because majority of Blacks/Nigga People chirren don't like to focus on their studies and end up in the lower rated Junior sec/Comprehensive schools. Do you realize the ghetto culture that they are emulating in the video (Ghetto Jamaican Dance hall). While The East Indians study hard and strive for excellence and they end up in the top schools. This is not a rule but this is a generalization.
Meh. True and false. But Bishop's mostly has a black population of students who go on to do very well and in the south schools like palo seco and penal sec has mostly indian students who go on to make roti and sell in the market.

i hate ppl saying "nigga ppl chirren" steups. study bout yuh own nigga chirren.

Meh. True and false. But Bishop's mostly has a black population of students who go on to do very well and in the south schools like palo seco and penal sec has mostly indian students who go on to make roti and sell in the market.

juss a colloquial saying that Black parents in T&T use. Thats why I said its a generalization and not a rule. Overall Indos do strive better in education because they are disciplined and tend not to focus on crap like BET, Movado/Kartel and all the other things that Black kids involve deyself in.

S

sharkie

juss a colloquial saying that Black parents in T&T use. Thats why I said its a generalization and not a rule. Overall Indos do strive better in education because they are disciplined and tend not to focus on crap like BET, Movado/Kartel and all the other things that Black kids involve deyself in.
I know the saying, and still despise it. While true, there is just a different culture that the indos brought over. They were no Brahmins or Maharajs in India. They were poor people who were told they could make money and have land if they work hard. So they come to Trinidad and instill that in their kids. so children of canefarmers could turn into doctors and business owners.

Such is life.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
its the parents.. parents who instill hardworking values in their children have children who go on to do great things.. parents who dont ask questions when children come home with things that they didnt buy or focus on the latest sneakers and clothes, have children they have to cry to the media that "he was a good fella"..

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
How many El Dorado Secondary Schools unnu have? Ah noticed an El Dorado West And an El Dorado East secondary school in a video on here. So West and East right beside each other? :confused
take a look at this compass n tell me where west is in comparison to east iyah!
don't know but to me it looks like the western portion is...holy shyt!!.....right next to the eastern portion :drinks:

its the parents.. parents who instill hardworking values in their children have children who go on to do great things.. parents who dont ask questions when children come home with things that they didnt buy or focus on the latest sneakers and clothes, have children they have to cry to the media that "he was a good fella"..
You are so right!!

Fiyah

Fiyah, you asking about the population vs the amt of Indo-Trinis in the vicinity. Remember, in Trinidad, you don't have to go to the highschool closest to you, that is only part of the formula. So people in Tunapuna (not TunaPuna, lol) don't have to send their children to Eldo Blue/Brown because they live in Tunapuna. Instead, children pass for the schools.

Tunapuna could be mostly Indian, but if only 5% of the children come from Tunapuna, then few will be indian. No?
Same like in Jamaica, I know. But that doesn't explain why An integrated area like Tunapuna isn't reflected in the school population. Why wouldnt the Indians in that area or other areas want to go to Tunapuna in larger numbers is my question?

Fiyah

take a look at this compass n tell me where west is in comparison to east iyah!
don't know but to me it looks like the western portion is...holy shyt!!.....right next to the eastern portion :drinks:
"Right next to" is not equivalent to "opposite to"... Only in your universe is East right next to West.

Fiyah

So you are saying that they don't have plenty poor/ghetto Indian children then? Only the black students don't do well in school? Good to know... :(

Fiyah

Well my point exactly. He said it as if to say the Indian population of Eldo is reflective of the relative Indian population that does poorly in school. I have a hard time believing that one.