Trinidadian man faces deportation in UK !!

soca_souljah

Alliouagana Garveyite
Many of us from the Caribbean have lived “in foreign” for a significant amount of time. Fancy after spending 50-years of your life in foreign, then you’re told that you have 2 months to get out of the country? Well, it’s true and could happen to me and you.

Trinidadian Peter James has lived in London for the last 50 years and recently went on holiday. When he returned, he was told he had 2 months to get out of the United Kingdom by immigration officials.

Peter James said: "I was very shocked because it's not the first time I've been away. I've been away sometimes every month. It annoyed me and I'm just stressed out to tell you the truth".

According to the British Home Office 71-year old James arrived at Heathrow and couldn’t prove that he’d been living in the UK from 1955. Consider that reckless statement when the BBC visited his home, and observed numerous photos identifying his life over the last 50 years.

James doesn’t own a British passport, he has a newly-renewed Trinidad and Tobago passport which doesn’t show any previous entry stamps. James also claims that he had no previous problems using his Trinidadian passport.

A concerned James added: "What am I going to do in 2 months to leave the country, with my home and my family here? My youngest daughter is 9 years old, will I leave her here for the government to put her in some home?"

www.afiwi.com
 

Cimo 2

KingBea...
...

... I wonder what the British need as proof for the brother to continue to live his life in peace. And if they got that proof, are there any laws that would protect his life there in GB...

This is why we as Caribbean ppls need to organize and plan to return home this way we won't have such fears of Deportation...
 
V

vincy_socababy

Guest
my mother and i were talking about this the other day. this man gave his time to this country, yet they treat him like this. when there is a man who came to the uk, had to go to hospital to have surgery, his visa ran out they said ok time for you to go (he was all healed) he refused and is basically living in the hospital room and is in the process of suing the people for the right to remain here. boy i just don't get this place.
 

Rinababy

New member
this is a sad case, but I really cannot stress the importance of people needing to be more diligent in obtaining citizenship in the country that they live in and plan to remain in. Had this man had British citizenship they could have never tried to pull this crap. My uncle been in NY for some thirty some years and does not have US citizenship. Since 9/11 everytime he tries to reenter the US is pure worries. Is not like you have to renounce you original citizenship, but it just makes things easier.
 

marabunta

Registered User
At least de English Man an dem give him 2 months to pack up an go.

De Yankee woulda jail he an deport he wid de same clothes on he back.
 

Honikane

Registered User
Ummmm did anyone else notice that he is 71 with a 9 year old daughter :scratch Or is it just me :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
S

sharkie

Guest
it good fuh him. so long he in de ppl country and he neva bodda to go and get de right papers????


go back to trinidad.
 
I

Indianute

Guest
Honikane said:
Ummmm did anyone else notice that he is 71 with a 9 year old daughter :scratch Or is it just me :rolleyes:
he is a real trini....dats for sure!
 

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
Colors looking sweet boy. He should of had a damn UK passport, what the hell he waiting on.

vassell junior said:
:rofl: :rofl:

but what was strange he hasnt been Trinidad for 55 Years!
 
S

sharkie

Guest
vassell junior said:
:rofl: :rofl:

but what was strange he hasnt been Trinidad for 55 Years!
50 years.


and i sure he eh have no family.
 

LGN

Registered User
sharkbait said:
50 years.


and i sure he eh have no family.
:rofl: :rofl:

But Still Would You Go and Visit Ur Country of birth and orgin once in while. geesh he can afford to breed up white woman(no offense I dont see no black woman have pickney at that age, and he probably have some young oman!) pay all that money for that daugher at his old age but not go Trinidad. Crazy Man!
 
S

sharkie

Guest
vassell junior said:
:rofl: :rofl:

But Still Would You Go and Visit Ur Country of birth and orgin once in while. geesh he can afford to breed up white woman(no offense I dont see no black woman have pickney at that age, and he probably have some young oman!) pay all that money for that daugher at his old age but not go Trinidad. Crazy Man!
you never know what kinda life he had in trinidad and if he wanted to return.

of course some of us are in love with the place we come from, but for others they just want to run away and not look back....we cyah judge till we know and you shouldn't assume de woman white. and if she is...wha wrong wit dat??
 

LGN

Registered User
sharkbait said:
you never know what kinda life he had in trinidad and if he wanted to return.

of course some of us are in love with the place we come from, but for others they just want to run away and not look back....we cyah judge till we know and you shouldn't assume de woman white. and if she is...wha wrong wit dat??
I didnt say there ting wrong wid it! say I said I dont see no Black woman having Pickney Old! And Most Black Women dont go wid alomst cease up men!!!(if u look at what I posted before you see I said it already)
 
S

sharkie

Guest
vassell junior said:
I didnt say there ting wrong wid it! say I said I dont see no Black woman having Pickney Old! And Most Black Women dont go wid alomst cease up men!!!(if u look at what I posted before you see I said it already)
so because you doh see black woman doin it, it doh happen??


steupsssssssssss. and are you a black woman? how you know wha kinda man dey goin wit once de night come?

yuh talkin a bucket a steamin shit if yuh ask me. :good:
 

LGN

Registered User
sharkbait said:
so because you doh see black woman doin it, it doh happen??


steupsssssssssss. and are you a black woman? how you know wha kinda man dey goin wit once de night come?

yuh talkin a bucket a steamin shit if yuh ask me. :good:
:rofl: :rofl: you love aruging and causing a stir dont you! :rofl:
 
Top