You're my Moby D*ck,
White Witch,
Symbol of the rope and hanging tree,
Of the burning cross.
Loving you thus
And hating you so,
My heart is torn in two.
Crucified.

Written by Eldridge Cleaver circa 1965, his summation of the relationship between at least himself and at most, black men and white women.

Do the women here think this is a reality today? Some may say no, but on an unconscious level, how much does the white Eurocentric beauty standard affect men of color, particularly Black men?

For those of you voracious readers who've had the chance to read Black Panther member Eldridge Cleaver's classic book Soul on Ice; he talked openly about his lust for white women and dedicated chapters of the book trying to explain the history of why some Black men have this duality of lust and hate for the woman of their oppressor. I read the book years ago, and it was some of the frankest language I've ever read.

Cleaver died in 1998 at the age of 62 and I wonder if he ever found peace within himself regarding this issue.

Do you agree that Black men really do hate themselves and gravitate to women that look the least like them. Maybe this explains Black men even finding ugly white women to date and marry over an attractive Black woman.

In his book, Why Black Men Love White Women, author Rajen Persaud asked, is it Love, Sex, Revenge, Power or Politics? Why do so many high profile Black men date and marry the most ordinary white women? Why do so many other Black men desire and covet the company of white women? And why does this subject deeply touch so many people of both races? Link: Why Black Men Love White Women I read the book this past spring and it was very well thought out. There is a dynamic to why some Black men lust for white women and from what I gathered from reading the book; it is not coming from a healthy place.

What's the verdict? :polling:

MJ7

I see it this way...

I say black women shud start goin after white men....to even things out ah lil bit....
That's already happening...and I'm seeing a lot more of it than you'd want to see...however, whenever I see Black women with white men; for some reason, I feel that they are settling.

Black women look better when they are with Black men. The paradox here is that we do desire our men--some of them desire an image that suggests that a woman that doesn't look like them is more appealing than women from their own culture.

This is not coming from a healthy place and is probably why so many Black women get angry. It's a thought that is planted in the minds of some Black males that control them. Their choices are manipulated images designed to program him against his women and children in order to be less of a threat to white males.

Do you agree with this?

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
Uuuummm is not so much wether I agree or I don't...I jus don't really care....
That's already happening...and I'm seeing a lot more of it than you'd want to see...however, whenever I see Black women with white men; for some reason, I feel that they are settling.

Black women look better when they are with Black men. The paradox here is that we do desire our men--some of them desire an image that suggests that a woman that doesn't look like them is more appealing than women from their own culture.

This is not coming from a healthy place and is probably why so many Black women get angry. It's a thought that is planted in the minds of some Black males that control them. Their choices are manipulated images designed to program him against his women and children in order to be less of a threat to white males.

Do you agree with this?

S

Spranga

move this ish to the poetry/dating/relationships section or summ

MJ7

This won't be subtle...

Uuuummm is not so much wether I agree or I don't...I jus don't really care....
Ambivalent, huh?

Maybe this will make you care: http://news.puggal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/emmett-till-funeral-photo.jpg

This is the body of Emmet Till. He was killed in 1955 while visiting his grandfather in Mississippi. Why? He whistled at a white woman. His death was the first media event of the Civil Rights Movement and that photo was first published by Jet Magazine. It was wired around the world and exposed the hatred and evil of not only racism in America, but brought home the reality of how dangerous it was for Black people living in the south as well as the realization that having Black skin made you a target in this country.

Two white men were tried and found "NOT GUILTY" by an all white jury. They got off for killing that young man, but not in life. Both died from cancer.

T

Toppa_Toppa

Ambivalent, huh?

Maybe this will make you care: http://news.puggal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/emmett-till-funeral-photo.jpg

This is the body of Emmet Till. He was killed in 1955 while visiting his grandfather in Mississippi. Why? He whistled at a white woman. His death was the first media event of the Civil Rights Movement and that photo was first published by Jet Magazine. It was wired around the world and exposed the hatred and evil of not only racism in America, but brought home the reality of how dangerous it was for Black people living in the south as well as the realization that having Black skin made you a target in this country.

Two white men were tried and found "NOT GUILTY" by an all white jury. They got off for killing that young man, but not in life. Both died from cancer.
:rofl: I'm not laughing at Emmett Till eh, just you.

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
Wow...that's horrible...well at least we can see how far the black man has come and how we have moved forward as a society...black men can now whistle at, chase, date, marry or even casually screw a white woman without fear of prosecution!...well except probably from the angry black women who don't approve...lol..MJ7 I jus playin wit u eh...before u accuse me of bein de stereotypical trini dat tryna ruin yah thread...I gone I gone...
Ambivalent, huh?

T

Toppa_Toppa

This won't be subtle!

Thought of the day: I CAN'T STAND TRINIS!

Am I serious? Or am I acting?

:polling:
(((We don't care!)))

:kicks

Seriously chick, when are you ging to stop this crusade? Really? Take it to another board where your mantra might be more accepted, nah?

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
SMH and exits stage right..just at the fact that you said that white men with black women don't look right.

Panty Droppa

I breed Ank
i think you guys are missing the point

she had a "thought" and she shared it with us..

i think this is a moment that we should save..to reflect upon

(((We don't care!)))

:kicks

Seriously chick, when are you ging to stop this crusade? Really? Take it to another board where your mantra might be more accepted, nah?
SMH and exits stage right..just at the fact that you said that white men with black women don't look right.
Yuh better be acting because i defended yo arse during the big argument about interracial dating...and you cya get more trini than me.
Shut up, coconut. lol

MJ7

The truth hurts...

Yuh better be acting because i defended yo arse during the big argument about interracial dating...and you cya get more trini than me.

Yes, you did. Thank you, but....

I'm not going to shy away from making this statement: People from Trinidad seem to have bad attitudes from what I've experienced. On Imix, it's always the Trinis starting shit.

Why? Is it something in the culture?

You can't get mad when people are making honest observations...and I speak my mind.

Sweetheart, I grew up in Chicago, which makes me gangsta by proxy. If anyone wants to get down; just note, I'm a licensed gun owner and I carry knives.