Ti Tchô -Kanival (Bouyon 2k15)

Lappo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zzfpbA5axu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
What country is Ti Tchô from, Guadeloupe or Haiti?

This track sounds to me more like an uptempo zouk influenced meringue than a Bouyon.

Does the artist himself class this track as a Bouyon?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
ti tcho is a bouyon artist from guadeloupe. the song is classified as bouyon
There is nothing on the YouTube page saying that this song is being viewed or classed by the artist as a Bouyon nor does it sound like a typical bouyon to me.
I've already said that it sounds more like an uptempo zouk meringue fusion track to me rather than a typical Bouyon.

Thanks for the info on which country the artist is from.

Seawall

There is nothing on the YouTube page saying that this song is being viewed or classed by the artist as a Bouyon nor does it sound like a typical bouyon to me.
I've already said that it sounds more like an uptempo zouk meringue fusion track to me rather than a typical Bouyon.

Thanks for the info on which country the artist is from.

The man above is right, sounds like bouyon to me.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
The man above is right, sounds like bouyon to me.
Thanks for your opinion but we have to agree to disagree on this one.

I have a very good idea of what Bouyon sounds like as I have been familar with it since Conch Shell/Vola came out in 1993. Sounds more like an uptempo zouk meringue fusion track to me and that won't change anytime soon.

Lappo

this a diff style of bouyon called bouyon gwada, still bouyon nonetheless. all in the lapokwabit drums