Ti Paris the Father of Twoubadou

tikreyol

Got Kompa?

Ti-Paris, known as the Father of Haitian twobadou music, brings a simplicity and accessibility to his art.
With just his voice, guitar, pair of maracas, and an occasional back-up vocal, he succeeds in creating an intimacy between himself and the listener. It is as if he is sitting in your living room on a Haitian afternoon, strumming his guitar, at a casual family get-together.
Although Ti-Paris's discography is small, Haitians of an older generation revere him. They pass on his legacy, singing his songs to their children and grandchildren.
If you want an introduction to the music and heart of this gentle troubadour, look no further than his classic album, Ti-Paris et sa Guitare. On it are tracks of love , "Par JaLousie", "Femmes Haiti", "Cochon St. Antoine", "L'eu on Marie", and "Mon Ideal". Other samplings of his music include the albums Anasilya, and Le Créateur De Troubadour

Ti-Paris, The Father Of Haiti Troubadour Music

This is classic Haitian music. Mon Ideal is one of my favorite songs ever.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bfzD7PI9Ocw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ay lina bel ti manman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wXfVF9rLcaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qI2LEeBwivs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/seGR0wiagfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mjN1FB0ROjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ayisyen

Good thread tikreyol, I did not know of him until now. I just finished listening to his Et Sa Guitare. It's pretty good for its time. My favorite tracks were Mon Ideal, Par Jalousie, Cochon St. Antoine, and Ladan Pou m' Mouri. It seems his first album was a classic that had an influence on a lot of well known Haitian bands ranging from Ibo Combo, Shleu Shleu, Bossa Combo, Coupe Cloue, Beethova Obas, and Sweet Mickey.

I guess he was the first major recording Twoubadou artist in Haiti. Too bad Twoubadou isn't revered in Haiti the same way Bachata is in DR...the genre if it was invested musically in the same manner Bachata was...could easily be one of the top musical gems of the western hemisphere.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Good thread tikreyol, I did not know of him until now. I just finished listening to his Et Sa Guitare. It's pretty good for its time. My favorite tracks were Mon Ideal, Par Jalousie, Cochon St. Antoine, and Ladan Pou m' Mouri. It seems his first album was a classic that had an influence on a lot of well known Haitian bands ranging from Ibo Combo, Shleu Shleu, Bossa Combo, Coupe Cloue, Beethova Obas, and Sweet Mickey.

I guess he was the first major recording Twoubadou artist in Haiti. Too bad Twoubadou isn't revered in Haiti the same way Bachata is in DR...the genre if it was invested musically in the same manner Bachata was...could easily be one of the top musical gems of the western hemisphere.
Neither did I but until recently. Mon Ideal is a classic song I've been hearing since I was a child. I only knew Beethova Obas's version "Lina."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/doCXxA5qv24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After listening to his cd on Spotify I then realized just how many classic songs he recorded. I only know of him and Ti Coca as people who have had Twoubadou albums besides the obvious Twoubadou movement cds that came out in the late 90s. It's a real shame Twoubadou is ignored when it's played EVERYWHERE in the country. The DR is more advanced than we are and you'd think they'd play more Merengue than anything :kicks