THE HAITIANS TOOK OVER THE WEST INDIAN DAY CARNIVAL ON EASTERN PARKWAY AGAiN

A.K.K.S.

Grenada have 90,000 people living there but they got a lot living in Flatbush that's one of their biggest migration areas.
Apparently, cuz they aren't that numerous but they seem very represented in Brooklyn.

I just find it crazy that a country with a population the size of Belize City is got such a presence in Brooklyn.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
every event i been to for the whole summer, the grenadian crew been holdin it down heavy... takin over
I haven't been to any labor day festivities in at least 7 yrs....hasn't grenada always run jouvert?

Apparently, cuz they aren't that numerous but they seem very represented in Brooklyn.

I just find it crazy that a country with a population the size of Belize City is got such a presence in Brooklyn.
Keep in mind, the proximity of Trinidad, Grenada, and St. Vincent.

You have a lot island hopping & migrations between those islands.

TRINILI0N

Move Quick...Doh Stick
:kicks Get your head out of your behind, there is no such thing as a West Indian identity. There is the West Indies that are a bunch of islands each their own nations with their own cultures and identities. There are similarities yes of course many of us share the same slave master but there is no one West Indian identity. That's a joke! :kicks
We here in America ... All Ah We Is One Family ... spread d love ... thats my opinion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9zBsE4KAYmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
We here in America ... All Ah We Is One Family ... spread d love ... thats my opinion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9zBsE4KAYmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yes places like New York, Miami and other West Indian/Caribbean enclaves we unite for various events. But there is NO West Indian identity.

Poca

some imix folks never got that memo.

Missmayling

:kicks Get your head out of your behind, there is no such thing as a West Indian identity. There is the West Indies that are a bunch of islands each their own nations with their own cultures and identities. There are similarities yes of course many of us share the same slave master but there is no one West Indian identity. That's a joke! :kicks
Our ethnic identity was formed during colonial rule, not during slavery. Smh. Haitians were invited to these WI parades because at the time, Haitians were a small group from the Caribbean and Black. I don't get it today why Haitians are part of WI day parade and turn around and also having Haitian parades.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Our ethnic identity was formed during colonial rule, not during slavery. Smh. Haitians were invited to these WI parades because at the time, Haitians were a small group from the Caribbean and Black. I don't get it today why Haitians are part of WI day parade and turn around and also having Haitian parades.
Please reread. I never said that their identities were formed during slavery. :kicks I said that there is no one universal West Indian identity. And yes the Haitians were invited because their presence in Brooklyn and New York was undeniable. I'm aware that they are different to the rest of you Anglophone Caribbeans. There is only ONE Haitian parade :kicks Its called Haitian Flag Day. You sound just as mad as the other guy lol

Seawall

Does this mean that the Puerto Ricans and Dominicans would have to abandon their own celebrations to join the West Indian Day parade?

Missmayling

Please reread. I never said that their identities were formed during slavery. :kicks I said that there is no one universal West Indian identity. And yes the Haitians were invited because their presence in Brooklyn and New York was undeniable. I'm aware that they are different to the rest of you Anglophone Caribbeans. There is only ONE Haitian parade :kicks Its called Haitian Flag Day. You sound just as mad as the other guy lol
There are 3 WI ethnic groups, not one .

Mayak

Imix Bad Man
T-vice played a total of 3 songs the entire day.. same 3 shiit over and over..

I mean it sounded nice but ..smh

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
i was more thinking they would join the african parade
Less thinking and more reading. :kicks Why would a island nation from the Caribbean participate in an African parade and not a parade celebrating the region their country is located? Now you're just trolling.

dedetriniking

quit hating your just mad trini representation has faded over the years in the states
...and as trini representation faded (smart of the trinis by the way) so too has level of artistry at the event. That event is now has the look and feel of a massive scary jailbreak and stampede.