• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

poca-old

i would like the idea of a soca site, it will be easier for people to find news and information about new songs and new albums and about carnival stuff...

jodoobiest

anybody else want to vote?

yes people
it seems that there is a majority who want this new diskussion channel strictly about soca.

hey mr admin / STRYKA:

what about this new STRICTLY SOCA CHAT ?

Nferno

FIRE STORM
I just realised something. Were you talking about just a new forum where people should only post soca related items? Or were you talking about converting the whole site to Soca(which wouldn't take much anyway..lol)
If you're talking about the first, then yeah..I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a new forum that can be called 'Soca Chat' or something similar.

jodoobiest

yes

we only talk about a forum about soca - nothing else.
just because it is difficult t find the interesting soca-threads in this original backchat - here are so many other statements between it...

and i think, you won"t get banned if you ask a reggae question in the soca forum... :)

STRYKA

Administrator
hmmm.... it was interesting to read through the comments... and I knew that the slogan would come up... since it looks like the masses voted... and the discussion is done... here's my two cents... a likkle long but i spared allyuh some detailes...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I understand the confusion on the slogan.... but this is a Caribbean site where all any kind of ppl and ppl from all islands can come and share their experiences with others who can relate...

HOWEVER... soca/calypso music is the only music genre that will be pushed on this site... but like jodobiest mentioned... yuh wont get buff if yuh mention a reggae topic every now and then... that juss aint the focus on this site...

back when islandmix started, it was the only community soca site and I am 95% sure that there was no reggae site with a msg board... and YES i was thinking about incorporating reggae and i know it would've blown up... we probably would have 5000+ members if reggae was part of the site.... juss cuz of share numbers (reggae followers vs soca followers)... but this is a niche community and we will grow as the word spreads... ultimately, it came down to this...

I LIKE reggae... BUT I LUV soca/calypso music... to me... this music genre is a sub culture that encompasses so many things... island lingos, carnivals, fetes, food... everyting... and @ the time I felt we weren't letting enough ppl in on the soca/calypso experience... that's how the site came about and that's how there is only one music genre supported...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok.. back to the poll.... i understand the question... and YES we cand do a TRIAL run of a seperate forum where SOCA/CALYPSO topics will be logged.... and see what happens... i know everyone posts in D'Original Backchat... but for those that voted yes...

Allyuh have to start your topic in the new forum...and we will try and move all the existing soca posts.... for now... we will move the topics weekly into the approrprate forums... juss like the jokes and tings...

timeline...??? hmm.... after this @$#$# Image Gallery gets up and after the BookClub forum is established... yes, there will be one...

Dougla Ting

Happily Ever After
I like reggae but I am a Trini and I LOVE soca. Reggae is already where it needs to be. They have a category in the grammys, reggae artists are going platinum and they have crossed over and have worldwide fans. Soca hasn't gotten that far yet and that's where sites like IMIX do their part in promoting soca and getting the message across to ALL people.

S

Solidarity

Soca, Soca & more Soca!

i would only slightly disagree with Dougla in that reggae isn't where it needs to be just yet; none of our music is but i'm sure we'll get there. i must also say that coming from the "land of wood and water," reggae will always be my favourite music but if i could only take one cd to that proverbial "deserted island," leaving my soca behind would cause plenty grief and displeasure :)

With that said, yeah i fully support a "soca discussion" channel on Imix. And regarding the all islands all people... business, Stryka, Iland and the rest of de crew, keep doing what ya doin; if it's done in the right spirit nuttin but good will ultimately come of it.

Kaisocalypso (don't understand y dis word won't catch on :D) sweet and i dun!

jodoobiest

timeline?

timeline...??? hmm.... after this @$#$# Image Gallery gets up and after the BookClub forum is established... yes, there will be one...
as far as i know, it takes only one minute to establish a new bachchat channel...
right?
i have an own php-forum on my socamusic.de website and there i can add new diskussion channels in two seconds...
is it more difficult in this case?

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
Re: timeline?

jodoobiest said:
as far as i know, it takes only one minute to establish a new bachchat channel...
right?
i have an own php-forum on my socamusic.de website and there i can add new diskussion channels in two seconds...
is it more difficult in this case?
Be easy man...our over-extended webmaster will get to you. We promise. ;)

jodoobiest

waiting 2 weeks now

uuuuuhh - we are waiting 2 week now for the STRICTLY SOCA CHAT... :(
when will we get it?
the soca-interested ppl asking the same questions every day, because the soca-related threads are disappear so fast between all the other non-soca topics...
we need that new channel now - now is the interesting time, where every day a new soca tune will be released...
please mr. administrator - it takes only a minute of your time to implement that new channel...

Rummy

Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic
All soca forum. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! As far as reggae not being where it should...I think anytime you have a reggae artist(Bounty, Beenie, Sean Paul) doing songs w/ Janet, Busta, No Doubt...They can't complain too much, it looks like it's headed in the right direction. May get a little commercialized, but I don't see any of those performers looking at soca.