• No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jodoobiest

Strictly Soca Forum/Chat

ok ppl

now we need your opininon
what do you think about a STRICTLY SOCA CHAT?

please vote !

soca chat should be a forum, where we discuss only socamusic-related topics like
- new soca releases
- artists rumours
- questions about songs..
- lyrics
etc.

jodoobiest

yes

brownskintrini said:
Artists rumours?
na - rumours about soca-artists...
like: machel is leavin xtatik because he don't like the colour of the drumsticks of xtatik's drummer...

Nferno

FIRE STORM
I know of the reggae site already, thanks...but wait...isn't this site called Island (everyone right) Mix? I love soca but I love reggae just as much.

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
djnferno said:
I know of the reggae site already, thanks...but wait...isn't this site called Island (everyone right) Mix? I love soca but I love reggae just as much.
Scroll to the very bottom of your page and read the bottom right hand corner....

All Islands, All People - Strictly Soca ...

:fyah

Nferno

FIRE STORM
Well, how contradictory of a statement. That doesn't even begin to make sense to me. It can't possibly be ALL ISLANDS ALL PEOPLE if it's strictly SOCA.

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
djnferno said:
Well, how contradictory of a statement. That doesn't even begin to make sense to me. It can't possibly be ALL ISLANDS ALL PEOPLE if it's strictly SOCA.
I am only speaking for myself right now...but I feel strongly enough about pushing soca that I feel the need to FOCUS!!! All Islands and All People can discuss SOCA can't they.

Besides I think it is okay to discuss reggae, I just don't think that we need to give it its own forum...there is enough of that out there on the web... Soca deserves something exclusive.

Nferno

FIRE STORM
I agree with pushing soca to the max. Everyone can discuss soca, yes. But the slogan says STRICTLY SOCA (maybe you wanna define what that means then).
I too don't think that we should have an exclusive reggae forum nor am I completely disagreeing that we should have a soca only forum.
But think about it this way. You want the website to expand yes? Ok, if all you push is soca, soca soca, then all you're going to attract is people who like soca, don't you want a variety of people on the site? Don't you want more jamaicans, more haitians to visit the site? Who knows, you might even be able to get some diehard reagge fans to appreciate soca if they come to the site. Incidentally, there are other types of music in the Caribbean, zook, konpas (spelling maybe off).

2SWEET4U

there are hip-hop sites out there and i dont see people talking soca . same for rock music . i went on a reggae site and no one was talking about soca . so i dont see noting wrong with an all soca site . if you dont like the way the site is run then you should leave

S

STICKMAN

Why are we hatin on reggae...

Its just gonna cause more of a division..

Nferno

FIRE STORM
You trying to run me way? lol.....Look, I have an opinion just like anyone else, I'm not asking anyone to change the site, I'm just voicing my opinion on the way the site is perceived in contrast to what is being said about it strictly being soca. If the owner wants to run it as a soca only site, then so be it. But in my HUMBLE opinion (which I'm entiltled to unless you beg to differ) the name throws you off initially.

DJTonyTempo

Member Since 1998
How many sites are strictly SOCA? Not many in comparison to the countless reggae sites that don't even acknowledge soca.

So, let us have our Strictly SOCA sites.

Nferno

FIRE STORM
Suprised as a DJ you would say this. I see that I'm beating a dead horse here.
So just because they're sites out there that cater strictly to one set of music, you think it should be done here? I was thinking more along the marketing aspect of it...you know...that you want to get as much of the Caribbean involved as possible, thereby making the site even bigger, thereby getting a chance to spread soca even more. But hey, that's just humble ol' me.

DJTonyTempo

Member Since 1998
Boss, as a DJ, yes I will play everything not just soca. My point is that this site, my site, T.O. Lime, big chunes plus some others just cater to our love of soca music.

I understand that you are voicing your opinion, as you should, but expect rebuttals. I also understand your point of 'ALL ISLANDS, ALL PEOPLE". But, when you go to the reggae sites they sometimes refer themselves as a CARIBBEAN site. If I want to talk reggae, I would go to their site.

I have been a member since '98 and I heard of reggae talk only a handful of times.

But, it's all good. Voice away!

Respect