stock market

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
uh explain
THe real money is made on the " short side" .....bad earnings, faster declines than advances. A good 95% of the popul. have no clue about shorting or where the real money is made, the short side !

Study Joe Kennedy and how he made his real $ and why they are forever curse !

Rinababy

THe real money is made on the " short side" .....bad earnings, faster declines than advances. A good 95% of the popul. have no clue about shorting or where the real money is made, the short side !

Study Joe Kennedy and how he made his real $ and why they are forever curse ![/QUOTE]

Illegal alcohol??:pardon:

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Study Joe Kennedy and how he made his real $ and why they are forever curse ![/QUOTE]

Illegal alcohol??:pardon:

Illegal alcohol....yeah, that too, but he was legit, hence he made the real $ " selling Short " which is a legal racket.......then they put himin charge of the SEC....since he was the best crook to corner the markets.

jpk.htm

Ras_Apache

i kept it simple tracker fund, i thought 12 K was the bottom... uggggg
the reason why i KNEW 12k wasnt the bottom was because the last time the dow nearly crashed through the 12k mark the fed had to step in and cut rates. that rate cut was just a band aid put on a cut that really needs stitches. it stopped the bleeding for a little while but the wound has re-opened. the economy is facked up. the market is gonna have a SEVERE hit before we hit the bottom and can start to rebuild.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Hey pineman, long time no see. I've been meaning to ask you: do you trade futures? Can you recommend a good broker?
LOL, not at all....now that is stress I don't need, the game is way too fast for me !

May sure you understand what " Limit Down " means.....

Re: Futures Firm... this is one we run a few hedge trades by at work :

Online Trading: Futures Brokers, Futures Trading, Commodity Trading, Forex Trading | Lind-Waldock

Good Luck, I have no interest in the futures market.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
hope this aint true. just invested a whole lot of money into mutual funds.
Well, are you not watching the news ?...

also, it might not be bad if you are young , that is just starting out in life : re : working,.....but, the best way you should of played this if this was to do a dollar cost averaging ...such as...lets say you put in 2k, since no one knows the top or the bottom, every week you move $500 from the money market into one of the equity funds....this way you avergae in vs. all at once.....man, young or now, you have to watch these things if you have money in the market !

4mydawgz

A little more than 2. I am in the process of cleaning out my money market account. im only getting like .4% on it. So i just threw some it in mutual funds. Trying to get a condo with what is left.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
A little more than 2. I am in the process of cleaning out my money market account. im only getting like .4% on it. So i just threw some it in mutual funds. Trying to get a condo with what is left.

Ok...This is where I invest my "safe money " my check is deposited, they i do an automatic payment into these : FDIC

ING DIRECT - Save Your Money!

also : GMAC Bank : Online Bank with High CD Rates and Money Market Rates

Not trying to get all into your business and all....but, don't you feel that the market for the condos will get even cheaper over the months to come ?

I don't see this thing getting better any time soon, ppl catching hell out there.

4mydawgz

i heard about ING. I opened an account with them last week. thanks.

i actually thought this would be as cheap as it would get. i put in a offer for a two bedroom condo with a separate basement that i can turn into a studio. I'm just waiting to see what the numbers are gonna be like as far as mortgage goes.

Last edited:

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
i heard about ING. I opened an account with them last week. thanks.

i actually thought this would be as cheap as it would get. i put in a offer for a two bedroom condo with a separate basement that i can turn into a studio. I'm just waiting to see what the numbers are gonna be like as far as mortgage goes.
Okay, cool, good for you, over 5 years with them, no problem.

Re : The Condo, will I am not feeling those maintenance fees anymore.... I can't begin to think what those fees will look like in 5 yrs.

Calculator :
What's My Monthly Home Loan Payment? - Principal & Interest calculator

sankofaa

alliance burnstein acg. put your money in treasuries, make a little something from the fed rate being lowered, and earn 7.25 dividend