So this Jamaican girl tell me " We Ting " is the best ,

trinifrombx

Fetes, carnivals, met her in Miami, she was saying no one fetes like us or have a nice time like us Trinis, Jamaicans come in and confess, you agree with that ?

After a long chat she stated that Dancehall is not set up where young and olde foot can party together and she stated there is no love of culture just a lot of screwface folks standing around getting hyped bussin shots in the hair and them come to the party at 3am that finish at 4am

Which now that I thing about it, it make sense, allyuh agree ?

D

DiTriniempress

Jamaicans have a love fuh Trini culture even though most will not admit lol only a small few would.

trinifrombx

Jamaicans have a love fuh Trini culture even though most will not admit lol only a small few would.
Yeah boi, true talk that, but, few olde foot can enjoy dancehall or listen to it, vs our ting, young and old come out together and can party together .

I just don't get the dress up part, they dress up, come to a party to watch each other, no one dancing with each. Other, I don't get it, Yardies, mind explaining this ?

DerMonger

Yeah boi, true talk that, but, few olde foot can enjoy dancehall or listen to it, vs our ting, young and old come out together and can party together .

I just don't get the dress up part, they dress up, come to a party to watch each other, no one dancing with each. Other, I don't get it, Yardies, mind explaining this ?
Maaaan yuh can't just place that on Jamaicans. When you go party, is how you know Jamaicans from non-Jamaicans?

I'll admit I does prefer fetes vs. Dancehall events but not every reggae party here does go so. That's just being stereotypical from your personal experiences. Not everybody that enjoys partying was meant to wild out and listen to 120rpm music.

trinifrombx

Maaaan yuh can't just place that on Jamaicans. When you go party, is how you know Jamaicans from non-Jamaicans?

I'll admit I does prefer fetes vs. Dancehall events but not every reggae party here does go so. That's just being stereotypical from your personal experiences. Not everybody that enjoys partying was meant to wild out and listen to 120rpm music.
Yes, you are right, I am not placing all, but I am placing the majority.
This was coming from a Jamaican, hence I was asking the few Jamaicans that are still around here on Imix.

Not all we ting is at 120 bpm, but even you agree , soca fetes are safer, nicer , prettier set of folks attending soca fetes, young and old can party together, no gun issues, imaginary or real, few if any screwface folks, well we might have a few sour one, but not screwface, folks genuinely enjoying themselves , let's face the facts, that cannot be said about the majority of dancehall parties!

A.K.K.S.

If I had to pick, I'm probably going to a Trini party over a Jamaican one:

1. Trini women generally look better. They cater better to my aesthetic preferences
  2. Dancehall will ultimately be played at a Soca fete
  3. Trini people are generally more friendly and knowledgeable
  4. WAY less hair-hats, neon clothes and bleached out faces at a Trini party
  5. No men will try to do a frog splash from the speakers onto some stupid female and knock her out cold... Then call it "supa-daggerin'" or whatever.

Missmayling

Fetes, carnivals, met her in Miami, she was saying no one fetes like us or have a nice time like us Trinis, Jamaicans come in and confess, you agree with that ?

After a long chat she stated that Dancehall is not set up where young and olde foot can party together and she stated there is no love of culture just a lot of screwface folks standing around getting hyped bussin shots in the hair and them come to the party at 3am that finish at 4am

Which now that I thing about it, it make sense, allyuh agree ?
Based on the title of the tread, I was wondering what part of jamaica this woman was from to make such a bold statement about Trini men. However, I should have guessed she would be talking about Soca and not sex. carry on.

trinifrombx

If I had to pick, I'm probably going to a Trini party over a Jamaican one:

1. Trini women generally look better. They cater better to my aesthetic preferences
  2. Dancehall will ultimately be played at a Soca fete
  3. Trini people are generally more friendly and knowledgeable
  4. WAY less hair-hats, neon clothes and bleached out faces at a Trini party
  5. No men will try to do a frog splash from the speakers onto some stupid female and knock her out cold... Then call it "supa-daggerin'" or whatever.
Excellent summary, I couldn't have said it any better.

Lmao at supa-daggerin

trinifrombx

Based on the title of the tread, I was wondering what part of jamaica this woman was from to make such a bold statement about Trini men. However, I should have guessed she would be talking about Soca and not sex. carry on.
Glad you agree, we are just talkin truthful here! Based on facts.

dedetriniking

What would you know about the sexual skills of trini men?

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Fete over dancehall party any and everytime. I does can't take the yardie DJ bawling on the mic like howler monkeys. Looking at some ah dem JA women under dim lights does be kinda frightening.

Missmayling

Glad you agree, we are just talkin truthful here! Based on facts.
Fact is that the average Jamaican women wouldn't be slumming it at the dancehall clubs you guys described in this tread, but the men would. There are much nicer clubs around where we wouldn't have to mingle with the jamaicans from the hood.
Now, based on the size of the Jamaican population in the US, your fete would be overrun by Jamaicans if what you were stating was true. Its not, and I can say I have never been to a fete in my life. The only jamaicans that would be into fete, would be the ones that live around Trinis.

trinifrombx

Fete over dancehall party any and everytime. I does can't take the yardie DJ bawling on the mic like howler monkeys. Looking at some ah dem JA women under dim lights does be kinda frightening.
Yup, this is what I don't get, and was hoping for a yardie to explain, what enjoyment value is in dressing up, to stand around and watch each other while bussin blanks and listening to some screaming fool on the mic about beat up the pum pum !

What entertainment value is in that ?

trinifrombx

Fact is that the average Jamaican women wouldn't be slumming it at the dancehall clubs you guys described in this tread, but the men would. There are much nicer clubs around where we wouldn't have to mingle with the jamaicans from the hood.
Now, based on the size of the Jamaican population in the US, your fete would be overrun by Jamaicans if what you were stating was true. Its not, and I can say I have never been to a fete in my life. The only jamaicans that would be into fete, would be the ones that live around Trinis.
Men women, what is the difference, it is a fact that ' We Ting ' is a more enjoyable safer event.

Well, if you never been to a fete to see the love, the enjoyable aspect of it, why then even knock we ting that a lot of Jamaicans love and year after year they in T&T enjoying themselves !

Ras_Apache

Dancehall fete, soca fete...both fete nice the determining factor is who keeping di dance and were the dance keeping.

Missmayling

Men women, what is the difference, it is a fact that ' We Ting ' is a more enjoyable safer event.

Well, if you never been to a fete to see the love, the enjoyable aspect of it, why then even knock we ting that a lot of Jamaicans love and year after year they in T&T enjoying themselves !
How many times have you been to a dancehall event???