So I experienced something this weekend but i'm not quite sure....

Am I Looking to much into this?

• Total voters

OverLord Strum

Right before you left you should've went in the bathroom, locked the door, taken a shit in the middle of the bathroom floor, and then grab your friends and leave.

iPicong

well you were there so if you were uncomfortable then they were probably trying to get you out of there, buttttt, judging from what you wrote, it was more profiling than racism.

Black people just have this way of liming in a restaurant, totally ignoring the fact that tables are there to turnover and make money. They aren't there for you to sit and chill out and point out the nice moulding, or the plant yuh looking for for months, or to talk bout yuh girlfriend man who cheating on her.

Dat kinda talk is for the lull between your ordering and your receiving your meal.
++1

Stagga_Dagga

Habitual Enabler
Perception is everything. If you think you were being rushed with an underlining racist motive, then, that may be the case. However, you should have addressed it with the waiter. Then if its confirmed by his/her attitude you talk to the manager.

I dunno what kind of restaurant some of you go to where you're expected to eat and get the fvck out. The whole point of dining out is to sit and enjoy the evening. Most good restaurants will encourage you to stay and rack up the bill.

How was the reception when you first entered, was it inviting or cold?

K

Kakez868

Perception is everything. If you think you were being rushed with an underlining racist motive, then, that may be the case. However, you should have addressed it with the waiter. Then if its confirmed by his/her attitude you talk to the manager.

I dunno what kind of restaurant some of you go to where you're expected to eat and get the fvck out. The whole point of dining out is to sit and enjoy the evening. Most good restaurants will encourage you to stay and rack up the bill.

How was the reception when you first entered, was it inviting or cold?

LoL..Word, I Eh' Know What Kinda Birmingham Shit He Now Say Dey...

"Hurry Up And Buy!"

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Something was odd unfortunately yall hurried up and left and didnt address things right away.
I'm quick to pipe up and say, I'm not finished the waiter will apologize and put my friggen plate back down.
Many places especially if its not busy have no problem with ppl lingering b/c the patron also realizes hey we still here lets order something else whether dessert drinks etc.

I don't think it's the establishment it was that waiter, as someone mentioned before it may be more about messing up the order and his bottom line. (repaying it, assuming he will get a bad tip etc)

Speak up next time, convey that you're in no rush and he shouldn't be rushing you.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
that's weird because i always get excellent service in italian restaurants...i know that restaurants in that area tend to close kinda early...they are not like chain restaurants or certain other places that are open till like 1am on the weekends....some of those restaurants close at 10pm, so if you waltz in there at 9:30, they will serve you, but it will be rushed...i had that happen to me in one of my favorite restaurants where i always get excellent service....i just happened to come late....but i understood....