So I experienced something this weekend but i'm not quite sure....

Am I Looking to much into this?

• Total voters
Me and my girls went to eat at a restaurant in the city. At first we were going to Carmine's but because of the wait, we ended up going to a different restaurant( I will tell the name after i get feedback) so we got to the restaurant, it seemed pretty nice and cozy. There were about 15 tables and about 4-5 of them were occupied. They attended to us and sat us in the middle of the restaurant. The Waiter came to us with the normal verbiage then we ordered. I ordered shrimp fettucine alfredo, when he repeated my order, he said 'mushroom alfredo' I then corrected him and told him 'shrimp alfredo'. when they brought my meal, it was the musrhoom alfredo. After I told them again that i ordered shrimp alfredo, they promptly took it back and brought my correct order. Now here is where it gets interesting....about 10-15 minutes after we started eating, the waiter kept coming over to us asking us is everything ok. As soon as i finished my last shrimp, he came out of nowhere and took my plate and my other friend's plate, my third friend wasn't even finished and they attempted to take hers. So after they took the plates, they began cleaning our table so we are like ooookkkk...the waiter came back and asked us if we were interested in dessert, we were so we requested the menu. Me and my friend ordered gelato while the other friend ordered cheese cake....After about 2 spoons from my gelato, the waiter brought the bill and placed it in front of my friend with the cheese cake. She probably only took one bite of the cheese cake prior to him doing that. At this point we are feeling a bit 'Awkward'. Right after that, there was a Caucasian couple sitting behind us. They were sitting there for a while then all of a sudden they asked to be moved to a seat on the other side of the restaurant. So we looked around and realized we were the only black people in the restaurant. So we promptly paid our bill and left...

Am I looking to much into this? I've never felt like that in a restaurant since i've been in this country...

T

T-MAKAA

It can go either way. Can't say it was because u were black..but can't dimiss it either.

Was the place crowded..meaning was there plenty people waiting to be seated?

jolie

xxii
seems fishy, was it close to closing time? they were clearly trying to rush u guys outta there

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
The only thing that is clear is that they were rushing you guys. Instead of rushing to pay the bill and exit you guys should have addressed it. Forget about if the other people didn't want to sit near you. That's their business. As long as you guys were behaving in a normal manner then I don't see the issue.

If you still feel some type of way about it I would call up the place and speak to a manager. Voice your concerns. Do you remember the name of this waiter?

caribflexbk

ok never an excuse for poor service. he should not have taken the plates unless he asked or you motioned to him to take it. The bill thing not so out of the ordinary especially since desert was ordered already. still should have waited. As far as the white couple, were the group of you loud or something?

K

Kakez868

LoL...That's Ah' Weird One Fuh' Trute..Ion Even Know.

But Yuh' Should Definitely Go And Post This As A Review On A Restaurant Site :kicks

bluedasheen

If was me in the restaurant I mighta dilly dally and waste time just to really see what they were up to. You would never know for sure now so if was me I'd just forget it now.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Me and my girls went to eat at a restaurant in the city. At first we were going to Carmine's but because of the wait, we ended up going to a different restaurant( I will tell the name after i get feedback) so we got to the restaurant, it seemed pretty nice and cozy. There were about 15 tables and about 4-5 of them were occupied. They attended to us and sat us in the middle of the restaurant. The Waiter came to us with the normal verbiage then we ordered. I ordered shrimp fettucine alfredo, when he repeated my order, he said 'mushroom alfredo' I then corrected him and told him 'shrimp alfredo'. when they brought my meal, it was the musrhoom alfredo. After I told them again that i ordered shrimp alfredo, they promptly took it back and brought my correct order. Now here is where it gets interesting....about 10-15 minutes after we started eating, the waiter kept coming over to us asking us is everything ok. As soon as i finished my last shrimp, he came out of nowhere and took my plate and my other friend's plate, my third friend wasn't even finished and they attempted to take hers. So after they took the plates, they began cleaning our table so we are like ooookkkk...the waiter came back and asked us if we were interested in dessert, we were so we requested the menu. Me and my friend ordered gelato while the other friend ordered cheese cake....After about 2 spoons from my gelato, the waiter brought the bill and placed it in front of my friend with the cheese cake. She probably only took one bite of the cheese cake prior to him doing that. At this point we are feeling a bit 'Awkward'. Right after that, there was a Caucasian couple sitting behind us. They were sitting there for a while then all of a sudden they asked to be moved to a seat on the other side of the restaurant. So we looked around and realized we were the only black people in the restaurant. So we promptly paid our bill and left...

Am I looking to much into this? I've never felt like that in a restaurant since i've been in this country...
WHAT WERE U NEGROES DOING IN WHITE PEOPLE'S RESTAURANT?

ARYO TART ARYO WERE TOO GOOD r HIP FOR SYLVIA'S?

GOOD FO ARYO.

YUHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Mr. Spontaneity

Interesting, it would seem as though there is some discrimination of some sorts. This happen to an ex and I in NY like three years ago, funny enough it was an Italian rest. There's just some things you can't dispel. Don't think your reading too much into anything, pack or not its no excuse.

seems fishy, was it close to closing time? they were clearly trying to rush u guys outta there
It was around 9pm on a friday night in the theater district. I doubt it was close to closing time.

The only thing that is clear is that they were rushing you guys. Instead of rushing to pay the bill and exit you guys should have addressed it. Forget about if the other people didn't want to sit near you. That's their business. As long as you guys were behaving in a normal manner then I don't see the issue.

If you still feel some type of way about it I would call up the place and speak to a manager. Voice your concerns. Do you remember the name of this waiter?
Nah don't remember the waiter's name. I think i'll just post a review on Yelp.

ok never an excuse for poor service. he should not have taken the plates unless he asked or you motioned to him to take it. The bill thing not so out of the ordinary especially since desert was ordered already. still should have waited. As far as the white couple, were the group of you loud or something?
I don't think we were loud. I mean it was 3 girls just catching up and having a good time. Nothing Ghetto or outrageous.

K

Kakez868

WHAT WERE U NEGROES DOING IN WHITE PEOPLE'S RESTAURANT?

ARYO TART ARYO WERE TOO GOOD r HIP FOR SYLVIA'S?

GOOD FO ARYO.

YUHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
Ahahahahahahahaaha

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
I don't know what you saying to read into but that shit is straight racist I would call the manager and tell him how you felt and you were going to put them on blast, better yet if is a corporate resturant...

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
Nope u are not over thinking it..

Wait staff calculate how much of a tip they are gonna get from a table b4 they wait the table.

He's upset he gotta pay for this ish
He already fig he's not gonna get much of a tip from this table

So it would be better to get you guys out n have the next table to wait increasing his chance of paying back that meal he messedup

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
I don't think you are reading too much into anything....I just think you and your friends were handled in a manner that the staff & establishment thought they could handle you. Advantage, to the restaurant...cuz, you all responded as the uninformed patrons you all were.

Lesson, learned....nex' time address the matter with the waiter, if not with his manager.

Surprisingly, 2K11 is the first time in my life I did not give a waiter one red cent, for his poor service. Ordinarily, I give an 8% tip for poor service. Buh, this guy was so bad.

OK so they deserve to be put on blast.

It's Trattoria Trecolori. It was a random search on yelp and we went there because so many people gave them good ratings.