So ah teachin my son to read

Kiz

Bingy giving trouble to learn to read.......everytime it's time to read...something scratching, he hungry, he have to do do, he sleepy.............but ah soon as we dun.....all ah hearing is "Gun man gorn ah stray, rah rah rah"

ah gonna start beating him

direct_effect

Bingy giving trouble to learn to read.......everytime it's time to read...something scratching, he hungry, he have to do do, he sleepy.............but ah soon as we dun.....all ah hearing is "Gun man gorn ah stray, rah rah rah"

Well, I don't think beating him is gonna solve it. It might just make him hate reading even more. Is he good with numbers? Coz there are alot of kids who don't have much interest in reading, but are great with numbers.

Kiz

Well, I don't think beating him is gonna solve it. It might just make him hate reading even more. Is he good with numbers? Coz there are alot of kids who don't have much interest in reading, but are great with numbers.
yeah ah noticed that he is good with numbers.......

niecey372

he sound like my son when it come to doing homework.....he have to do every thing but what he supposed to do.

Short_Thing

BANNED

:rofl: thats how my brother was too.....:rofl:
Start him off with a book about something that
interests him..like some power rangers, or elmo
or something so..

get the man a mic and some amps and a guitar...he might be the next Machel......

Quest

Sir Lixx-A-Lot
do you read with him or just have him read.
you might want to try reading some intersting books to him. get him excited about wanting to know what hapened in the story lines. So that he will want to find out for himself.

allso try commic books. get him to read them and tell you the story.

yanktiguan

Lucy-furrr

:rofl:

Kiz

do you read with him or just have him read.
you might want to try reading some intersting books to him. get him excited about wanting to know what hapened in the story lines. So that he will want to find out for himself.

allso try commic books. get him to read them and tell you the story.
I read to him too...........lately I use the interactive reading tools on the internet cuz he likes the computer........but if it's to pick up the book.......it's ah long drama

BAGOSOLDIER

I read to him too...........lately I use the interactive reading tools on the internet cuz he likes the computer........but if it's to pick up the book.......it's ah long drama
like yuh vex he taking away yuh Imix time at night, leave the man on deh computer:kicks

CARAMELSISTA

*Cara drops dead* you sure is not my son you have?? well instead he does sing "ganga farmer" :rolleyes: dem flicking boy chile

Wadadlilexxy

Pinky Can Balance

:kicks
Like my little brother hated reading as well, but what my moms did was take him to the bookstore and let him pick out his own books. Then he started to read them with her and on his own because they were books HE wanted to read.

CQ

sexy thang
thats kids for yuh lol but keep insisting and make it fun
Get him into a rountine.

Also take turn reading and when its your turn skip a few words to see if he is following and praise him for doing a good job.

dedetriniking

:kicks
Like my little brother hated reading as well, but what my moms did was take him to the bookstore and let him pick out his own books. Then he started to read them with her and on his own because they were books HE wanted to read.
Very good advice....that along with reading to him...and really acting out what you're reading...making it interesting. I have to big up my wife and her mother here. They started reading to my son before he could walk. Now before he goes to bed he takes one of his books with him, turns on his nightlight and reads aloud until he falls asleep. He can read just about anything you put in front of him and he is only four years old.
As far as i'm concerned with you get a child interested in reading you open up a whole new world to them and the possibilites become endless. Everything starts from reading...in my book.

use what works, if its the pc then use it. Stick up words and pic all over his room, the abc's, when you see words ask him to spell it, and sound it out, make it interactive.

BoUnCe

UPaNddownLiKeAbAlL

all he want is some amnesty ya go beat him 4 dat.
but seriously jus stick wit it........i used to be the same way but if u stick wit him, he'll come through. and applause 2 u 4 tryin. a good bit of parents nowadays can't or don't find time and just rely on school to raise their children. :superman:

Kiz

all he want is some amnesty ya go beat him 4 dat.
but seriously jus stick wit it........i used to be the same way but if u stick wit him, he'll come through. and applause 2 u 4 tryin. a good bit of parents nowadays can't or don't find time and just rely on school to raise their children. :superman:
Thanks!...........

Essiquibo

You worserer than I
i crack up reading dat kiz. thats all kids. that was even my lil sister. watching tv all day but she belly start aching once books have to open

but dont beat him...he will relate learning to licks and he aint gonna learn. trust me

theres some good advice in here.comic books. stuff on the computer...spelling bees at home with a gold star system worked for my niece. after 10 stars, she get treated to chucky cheese or something

Last edited:

Kiz

i crack up reading dat kiz. thats all kids. that was even my lil sister. watching tv all day but she belly start aching once books have to open

but dont beat him...he will relate learning to licks and he aint gonna learn. teach me

theres some good advice in here.comic books. stuff on the computer...spelling bees at home with a gold star system worked for my niece. after 10 stars, she get treated to chucky cheese or something
ah taking all de advise ah get into consideration.........