Sentenced to life without parole at the age of 16

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
13 years later...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qR7mno6p9iQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qR7mno6p9iQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I feel sorta bad for her...sorta

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
That judge and the people who decided that she should get life is bunch of losers, the pimp mussi had him in his pocket.
But this is a problem in American justice when you are a jury, you make the choice not the law. This will definitely make an impact on our judicial system if they see the people are telling the lawmakers to make more logical laws to protect society.
Example I would not have found her guilty of murder.
She is guilty of temporary insanity manslaughter.

Reason if you breed dogs and you humilate them they will fack u you up oneday.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
What she did was premediated murder.
The Question being asked is Do children under the age of 18 should be given a life sentence.

I'm sure the political right on this forum will say yes, But I'm on the right and I choose no, I will give my reasons later. I'm just wait on Richard to provide his crap.

skeng

The criminal justice system is anticipating another paradigm shift.....researchers have long showed that punitive measures are not working but politicians have ignored science....the constant building of prisons and housing of individuals has become an economic burden......so look at for the revitalization of rehabilitation.

skeng

you think rehabilitation would be cheaper and better for society?
U know why they say punitive measures don't work....after they get released over 70 percent of them go right back with in a short time span....little to no funds is allocated to successful reentry or other measures outside of prison.....with startling statistics about the amount of Americans coming in contact with the corrections (worst for minorities) what do u think?

Its like this every year u have a steady number of new individuals coming for ice cream...but the people who got already, keep coming back also.

iPicong

U know why they say punitive measures don't work....after they get released over 70 percent of them go right back with in a short time span....little to no funds is allocated to successful reentry or other measures outside of prison.....with startling statistics about the amount of Americans coming in contact with the corrections (worst for minorities) what do u think?

Its like this every year u have a steady number of new individuals coming for ice cream...but the people who got already, keep coming back also.
You didnt answer my questions....I know how the system works now.

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
Yes that is the 16 year old boy who decided to pick up a gun to go take somebody else life.
link?

my thoughts...I can't feel fully sorry for her. You do the crime then serve the time....however, I think her sentence was too harsh....I agree with Richard...15 years seems so much more appropriate but i don't know the facts of the case or what prompted the judge to make that decision. She should have at least gotten a chance at parole....but...:search:

Appleton

Rehabilitation programs have been shown to stop recidivism, so yes it is far far cheaper.
The trajedy is Skeng, North American prison systems were not built on a model of rehabilitation but punishment. As long as the mandate is punishing the guilty to protect the innocent this will continue. When someone goes to jail at 16 if they spend 15 years that's all their adult life in the penal system learning more sophisticated ways to be antisocial...Every effort is made to depersonalise the guilty. The public no longer sees them as human beings.