Rihanna gets bad review at RIAA performance

CaribWorldNews.com - Global Caribbean Daily Newswire

CaribWorldNews, WASHINGTON, D.C., Fri. Jan. 23, 2009: It was highly promoted – Rihanna`s inaugural performance to help the Feed America fund.

But the Barbados singer`s much-anticipated set, was slammed by a Washington Post blogger as one in which she fumbled and lip-synched.

The Post writer claims Rihanna and a four-piece band and pair of backup singers fumbled their way through "Disturbia.`

This was followed by a five-minute break and `an equally awkward version of "Rehab" and half a cover of M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes."

She then exited and did not return to the stage as a DJ claimed they were experiencing power problems and were unable to continue. Therein ended Rihanna`s D.C. inaugural performance on a historic day.

But it’s not just in D.C. where Rihanna is being slammed. Islamic leaders in Malaysia are still trying to ban the Grammy-award winning singer from performing in Kuala Lumpur on February 13th.

They claim her sexy dance moves and skimpy dress are an insult to Asian values. This even though Rihanna has said she will cover up for the show.

The Muslim criticism of the singer comes after Pop sensation Kate Perry was mistakenly presented with the international song of the year award for "I Kissed A Girl" at a French music award show. Actually the award was won by Rihanna.

The NRJ Music Awards, which took place in Cannes, announced at the end of the show on Saturday that there had been a mistake in vote-counting and that Rihanna was the winner, not Perry. They now want Perry to hand over the award to Rihanna, who now has her eye set on a movie career, like the woman she is often compared to – Beyonce.

dev

I think Rihanna will buss Kat's ass, if she doan hand over the award .

Dem must slims doan like to see a woman who takes the spotlight off them.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
ARYO FORGETTING that RIHANNA was a NOBODY who GOT LUCKY because of her LOOKS, so one should not EXPECT her to be a TOP ARTIST the CALIBER of a MARY J. BLIGE.

T

T-MAKAA

This is my first time defending Rihanna on this board. Some of allyuh sound like ya hating.

T

T-MAKAA

ARYO FORGETTING that RIHANNA was a NOBODY who GOT LUCKY because of her LOOKS, so one should not EXPECT her to be a TOP ARTIST the CALIBER of a MARY J. BLIGE.
Blige started her career singing other people songs. Great comparison.

M

Mad Scorpion

Blige started her career singing other people songs. Great comparison.
Be that as it may, Mary is still one of the best in the business. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Rihanna may have started at a pace that is way too advanced for her (at times) mediocre performances. In time I think she'll grow into her own, but that doh help when yuh pay $75 to go an see ah shit performance.

Bullafuhlife goin mad now
Fackin evaporated silicon steamin from he ears, he so vex:mda:

T

T-MAKAA

Be that as it may, Mary is still one of the best in the business. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Rihanna may have started at a pace that is way too advanced for her (at times) mediocre performances. In time I think she'll grow into her own, but that doh help when yuh pay $75 to go an see ah shit performance.
But how can we say she got where she got because of looks?

M

Mad Scorpion

But how can we say she got where she got because of looks?
When did you first hear of Rihanna?

I first heard about her when Rupee was a recent aquiaition of Atlantic Records and performing for free at South Street Seaport. Before that if you mentioned her I would be clueless. She hasn't written any of her biggest hits, so she didn't gain attention from being a "complete" artist or a song-writer. My guess is someone heard her and realized that the voice and look can take her many places. If she was ah big mampie do you think she'd be a superstar? By comparison Mary is ugly like sin but yet she is a superstar, can you honestly say Rihannas looks (and she advancement of cock in she womb) hasn't played a factor in her meteoric rise to stardom?

When did you first hear of Rihanna?

I first heard about her when Rupee was a recent aquiaition of Atlantic Records and performing for free at South Street Seaport. Before that if you mentioned her I would be clueless. She hasn't written any of her biggest hits, so she didn't gain attention from being a "complete" artist or a song-writer. My guess is someone heard her and realized that the voice and look can take her many places. If she was ah big mampie do you think she'd be a superstar? By comparison Mary is ugly like sin but yet she is a superstar, can you honestly say Rihannas looks (and she advancement of cock in she womb) hasn't played a factor in her meteoric rise to stardom?
yes...but her unique voice plays a big part to.

iPicong

i like how Rihanna does sing..........i doh like she image as a every-other.month whore fuh dem yankee boys making we people look weak and dotish...........and i eh like how she doh sing Soca.........but she music decent