Question on Locs!!!!!!!!!

sexycuban

Ok I have locs i started in about march i have been goin faithfully to the hairdress gettin my locs comb twisted an palm rolled. well i could not afford to go this week and i dyed and washed( with a stocking cap) it my self last night. now i planning to go only about once a month or so. any advice the back of my hair is loced already, the front is so so. i need advice i am saving up for sumthin and i cannot afford to do my hair every 2 wks or so , gimme advice, or should i pull out of my savings and go get it done or wha. I am at a loss here.

Panman06

Old School Member
Twist it urself every two weeks. From the sound of it... there not that long so u can handle it. I used to twist my locks for myself. Now there too long.

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
yuh cyah touch it up yourself, or none of your friends can't help you? buy dark & lovely's loc & twist butter and try a ting. otherwise, use exactly what your hairdresser uses and do it at home. you can indulge in the hairdresser once a month, or if you find you're good at it, every other month. i don't have locs yet, but my mother does and i know the maintenance it needs and how expensive the hairdresser can be. my sis does it for her if she doesn't go to the hairdresser. maybe you should try finding a loctician who works from home, they tend to be cheaper. ask around, if you see someone with locs, ask where they get it maintained.

The first time grew my locs..( I am on my second go around) I used to go to the shop every 4 weeks.. but as the hair started to loc I find that you can stretch it out to 6 weeks. Now that either I or a friend twist I still go 4-6 weeks... I think that 4 is better then... Ithink that to wist the roots every two weeks causes damage to the roots...

RenzePenze

Shitsuren Kyuka
I started my locs for myself. I use organic stimulator loc gel and twist it and pin it down for it to stay... (my hair kinda tuff still). But it depends on how u feel about u doing your own hair. It if start to lock u can handle it for oyurself. OR show a friend what to do and let them help you. It may tek a while but you'll get it.