QOTD#2 Can your SO HANDLE being your best friend

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
and before the female crazy ranters like CE come in here i'm not talking about hiding anything from them....i'm referring to you truly being open with them about your past, because your best friend knows your past

Skilz™

and before the female crazy ranters like CE come in here i'm not talking about hiding anything from them....i'm referring to you truly being open with them about your past, because your best friend knows your past
When do you decide to be open about them with your past?:scratch

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
When do you decide to be open about them with your past?:scratch
if they are supposed to be your best friend should there be a specific time that you decide to be open..........if they ask shouldn't you be able to answer without it being an issue after?

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
Allyuh confusing what best friend is lol.. They ent have to know ish about my past. They just know more than the rest plain and straight.. :acute:

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
Allyuh confusing what best friend is lol.. They ent have to know ish about my past. They just know more than the rest plain and straight.. :acute:
knowing more than the rest doesn't always make somebody yuh best fren :lol
cause ah could point out some ppl dat know or claim to know more than the rest that have no friendship tag

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
along with accepting what you tell them and if it's bad...loving you in spite of that

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Huh?
Maybe i'm just reeeeeeeeeaallllllllyyyyyyyy different :confused

Plus there were 2 threads about the best friend business and between them I either don't know what a best friend is or I just don't have one.

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
along with accepting what you tell them and if it's bad...loving you in spite of that
well this is where the past comes in...when i say past i'm not only talkin sexual past here, i'm primarily talking life on the whole...i mean shyt happens

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
well this is where the past comes in...when i say past i'm not only talkin sexual past here, i'm primarily talking life on the whole...i mean shyt happens
well like i said in another thread...some things are irrelevant...other things are...you have to know the difference and know what's worth mentioning especially if it's someone that you're seeking to have a future/long term relationship with

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
to what r u referring?
the part I underlined "all about your past etc" in a serious relationship most ppl divulge those events in their past that helped shape them as an individual (opinions, values, concerns, thought patterns).

Truly open about the past .... what do you really mean sounds like some extra ish.
Everything can't get covered whatever is decided to be shared is spontaneous and probably fits the situation in terms of timing when its revealed.

And I not really into the best friend title... I prefer person that knows you best or something. Per me noone really knows ALL of my past even the important stuff thats why i said maybe i'm on the fringe.

Jahpikne

Happiness Consultant
Certain things I think you couldn't tell them because although it was your past they may judge you on it. Two of the EXs I was able to rock with like that though. It was a wonderful thing

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
the part I underlined "all about your past etc" in a serious relationship most ppl divulge those events in their past that helped shape them as an individual (opinions, values, concerns, thought patterns).

Truly open about the past .... what do you really mean sounds like some extra ish.
Everything can't get covered whatever is decided to be shared is spontaneous and probably fits the situation in terms of timing when its revealed.

And I not really into the best friend title... I prefer person that knows you best or something. Per me noone really knows ALL of my past even the important stuff thats why i said maybe i'm on the fringe.
ok let's put it this way, there are ppl in your past that you'll share certain things with.......you may tell waltnel one thing while not sharing the same info with jaiye but at the same time jaiye know something waltnel doah know.................now yuh end up in a relationship and this is the person that you decide the share the info that waltnel know but Jaiye dont and vice versa.

J

Undercover
if there is something about my past that i think will make an impact on your like and our relationship i will let you know... if you ask me something.. i think it's because you curious about it and I will let you know.. i rather you hear it from me than i have to find out through some other means or some person that has nothing to do with out relationship... but that's just me

if you see the need to hide shit from me.. that's not a good sign, from the time i think i can't trust you, you bringing doubt to the relationship.. that is never good.

ppl may not always like the truth, but they do deserve to make their own judgments

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
if there is something about my past that i think will make an impact on your like and our relationship i will let you know... if you ask me something.. i think it's because you curious about it and I will let you know.. i rather you hear it from me than i have to find out through some other means or some person that has nothing to do with out relationship... but that's just me

if you see the need to hide shit from me.. that's not a good sign, from the time i think i can't trust you, you bringing doubt to the relationship.. that is never good.

ppl may not always like the truth, but they do deserve to make their own judgments
but as Jins stated not everything is relationship worthy so it's not at the forefront but that doesn't stop frienemies * as PJK put it* frm trying to make somethimg that has no bearing hold weight by accidentally saying stuff on purpose for you to find out.

J

Undercover
but as Jins stated not everything is relationship worthy so it's not at the forefront but that doesn't stop frienemies * as PJK put it* frm trying to make somethimg that has no bearing hold weight by accidentally saying stuff on purpose for you to find out.
well it depends on yuh SO too.. if they get the info and determine its not even worth the fuss.. then allyuh good to stay.. but what it its something that was worth them knowing.. then what? it's a thin line...

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1
well it depends on yuh SO too.. if they get the info and determine its not even worth the fuss.. then allyuh good to stay.. but what it its something that was worth them knowing.. then what? it's a thin line...
all subjective and will always be subjective because no two ppl are the same or think the same
what bothers me may not bother you or vice versa