Original Version of Beyonce's "If I Were A Boy" - by BC Jean

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Here is the original song by BC Jean below...

BC Jean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpWHml42_Rg]YouTube - BC Jean - If I Were A Boy (Beyonce demo) + download[/ame]

Last edited:

n00ner

el n00ño
Ah will give yuh one cuff... L:nhl_check
:aikido:
Since you're dyin for someone to respond :duck here I go...

Both are done well. But even though it's not the original, B takes it. Her vocals sound better over it even though the music itself is more pop.
Rumors are it was used without proper permission but I doubt it.
This young girl will get more recognition from B doing her song than if she only did it herself.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
:aikido:
Since you're dyin for someone to respond :duck here I go...

Both are done well. But even though it's not the original, B takes it. Her vocals sound better over it even though the music itself is more pop.
Rumors are it was used without proper permission but I doubt it.
This young girl will get more recognition from B doing her song than if she only did it herself.
*steups* @dyin for someone to respond...yuh like commess. :derisive:

But yea, I like B's version but it's not really her style. I like the other girl's equally. When I'm feeling R&B-ish, I'll do B and rockish, the BC.

Those rumors likely aren't true...and the girl probably got paid nicely.

n00ner

el n00ño
*steups* @dyin for someone to respond...yuh like commess. :derisive:

But yea, I like B's version but it's not really her style. I like the other girl's equally. When I'm feeling R&B-ish, I'll do B and rockish, the BC.

Those rumors likely aren't true...and the girl probably got paid nicely.
That's actually what I kinda like - that it's not B's typical style. Single Ladies on the other hand is very typical and therefore it's boring. I like her slow stuff in general. The dance-ish tunes never catch my interest.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
That's actually what I kinda like - that it's not B's typical style. Single Ladies on the other hand is very typical and therefore it's boring. I like her slow stuff in general. The dance-ish tunes never catch my interest.
True. Honestly, I usually don't care for her normal style either. She does sing this very well and her video is good. I was thinking that I would buy her album if most of the songs were like this. And then I heard "Single Ladies" and saw the video...and was like...forget it.