Old School Music

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
It doesn't MATTER if it is soca, calypso, reggae, salsa, R&B/SOUL, rock/soft rock, pop, disco, spouge or whatever type of genre, whenever you feeling the VIBE just tawk yuh tawk.

Last edited:

trini_slimz

i love ole school dancehall...all dis catch ah fire bizness nowadays is ah bit too much 4 me..i doh need ah fulll aerobics workout when i go ah party...

VINCYPOWA said:
It doesn't MATTER if it is soca, calypso, reggae, salsa, R&B/SOUL, rock/soft rock, pop, disco, spouge, or whatever type of genre, whenever you feeling the VIBE just tawk yuh tawk.
Is dat de spooge out ah Barbados?

VINCYPOWA said:
Yes, I am REFERRING to the SPOUGE out of Barbados.
I tell yuh, when I does hear some of dese music it reminds me dat we all de same, yeh. Bajan Spouge is very similar to the Jamaican's Tempo n Ska. At one point way back when, we was all singing de same type ah music wit little difference... even certain Calypso and Kaiso have dat same feel. Guyanese are big pon dese tunes deh. Not to mention de "Great" Jackie Opel.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
G.T.socalova said:
I tell yuh, when I does hear some of dese music it reminds me dat we all de same, yeh. Bajan Spouge is very similar to the Jamaican's Tempo n Ska. At one point way back when, we was all singing de same type ah music wit little difference... even certain Calypso and Kaiso have dat same feel. Guyanese are big pon dese tunes deh. Not to mention de "Great" Jackie Opel.
If you want to hear SPOUGE music for like 3 hours straight then you should listen to 101.5 FM on Sundays from 1PM to 3PM with DJ Double R and Snocone.

Oh yea, VP... I just hear a Vincy pon de radio and his accent sound a mixture of Vincy and Guyanese :kicks . And why did I hear a Guyanese talking wit he Gt accent but, it sounding Bajan. :kicks Is like NY ppl rel mixup eh.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
G.T.socalova said:
Oh yea, VP... I just hear a Vincy pon de radio and his accent sound a mixture of Vincy and Guyanese :kicks . And why did I hear a Guyanese talking wit he Gt accent but, it sounding Bajan. :kicks Is like NY ppl rel mixup eh.
I bet the person you heard is SCORPION...he from GT.

Oops....too quick on the DRAW...which station are you referring to? :kicks:kicks

LGN

I put Mint Condition - Pretty Brown Eyes. on my phone the other day. thats a nice tune.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
G.T.socalova said:
Nah, I en talking bout 101.5 FM... I talkin bout when I was listenin 107.5 FM. Remember in S.I, I'm not gettin dat station. :(
Speaking of STATEN ISLAND, meet me at the CORPORATE PARK on Thursday....I believe it is SOUTH AVE.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Wadadlian Defoe said:
I put Mint Condition - Pretty Brown Eyes. on my phone the other day. thats a nice tune.
Yeah...that is a NICE chune.

I like "SECOND TIME AROUND" by Shalamar.....it always gets me THINKING for some strange reason.

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
studio one tunes are among my favourite reggae music to lissen to.

john holt
delroy wilson
norma frazer
the heptones
dennis brown
ken boothe
alton ellis
dobby dobson

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
I am TAKING in some SHALAMA right now.

I wonder what became of them....they had some real NICE chunes.

"This Is For The Lover In You"

"Second Time Around"

"A Night To Remember"

"And The Beat Goes On"

"Make That Move"

"Take That To The Bank"

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Which do you believe was the top BAND in the 80's: Shalama, Kool and the Gang, Earth Wind and Fire, Gap Band, Ohio Players or the Commodores???