OFFICiAL INTERNATIONAL POWER/GROOVY SOCA MONARCH 2012 THREAD

rayt2009

Radiant Silvergun
This might be one of the most up in the air soca monarchs i've seen or heard of...all the power tunes lack a little *pow* to me. At first listen only, Fireman Hooper kept my attn. The rest of them came in a little blah. Even Iwer's got boring to me. As for groovy, albeit to mention such fukry with the semis from what I saw, it's gonna be a good one and Kes might be in for a good competition that night but for some reason I see him doing it again.

Lynch HD

Higher Level
If they din theif Lil' Rick at Monarch down here he would be there to mash up Trinidad instead of Mikey and that dead song.

Kathryn

machel does NOT have to perform first... the picking for order is not until the week of carnival.. where yall got that madness from???
Yep you're right there ... I think some people got that idea because the International Soca Monarch released a list that is in alphabetical order, except that the reigning monarchs who are defending their crowns, names were placed in front of everyone else ... this was the list to tell everyone the text codes for each competitor, but guaranteed, they will be picking places next week tuesday or wednesday ... then, even then, they may not perform in that position because if the competitors not happy with those positions or if, for example, one band backin up multiple competitors (for example Kes the Band has Kees, probably / maybe Michelle, maybe JW & Blaze, etc.) it will make more sense for them to perform one after the other, so the band can do what it has to do and then get off stage so the next band could perform for the other artistes.

Vivaa

i cant wait to see the outcome of these competitions....all i know is that no matter who win, somebody gonna be realllllllllll sour when the results are read....i feel sry for the judges all now...

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Yep you're right there ... I think some people got that idea because the International Soca Monarch released a list that is in alphabetical order, except that the reigning monarchs who are defending their crowns, names were placed in front of everyone else ... this was the list to tell everyone the text codes for each competitor, but guaranteed, they will be picking places next week tuesday or wednesday ... then, even then, they may not perform in that position because if the competitors not happy with those positions or if, for example, one band backin up multiple competitors (for example Kes the Band has Kees, probably / maybe Michelle, maybe JW & Blaze, etc.) it will make more sense for them to perform one after the other, so the band can do what it has to do and then get off stage so the next band could perform for the other artistes.
If I am correct I believe they usually use one band to back all the artists at Soca Monarch Finals and that band is usually Roy Cape All Stars.

Please correct me if I am wrong for 2012 on this one!

Can anyone confirm the main band that will be used to back all (or most of) the artists at SMF on Fantastic Friday?!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
i cant wait to see the outcome of these competitions....all i know is that no matter who win, somebody gonna be realllllllllll sour when the results are read....i feel sry for the judges all now...
This is why artists should never rely too much on the results of these Carnival competitions to make or boost their careers!!

If MM wins everything this year I would like to see him retire once again from all competitions (besides Road March the people’s choice) from next year!!

Soca Music is a cultural mission and not a competition!!

In this regard, good going to Bunji & Fay-Ann this year in sending out that crucial message as big artists in the business!!

Last edited:

Vivaa

Groovy Soca Monarch Performers IN ORDER:
1/ JW & Blaze.
2/ Shal Marshall
3/ Destra Garcia
4/ Superjigga TC
5/ Chucky
6/ Nadia Batson
7/ Erphan Alves
8/ Dexter Blaxx Stewart
9/ Patrice Roberts
10/ KI
11/ Benjai
12/ Machel Montano
13/ Kes
14/ Kerwin Du Bois

RotiKing2004eva

1/ JW & Blaze.
2/ Shal Marshall
3/ Destra Garcia
4/ Superjigga TC
5/ Chucky
6/ Nadia Batson
7/ Erphan Alves
8/ Dexter Blaxx Stewart
9/ Patrice Roberts
10/ KI
11/ Benjai
12/ Machel Montano
13/ Kes
14/ Kerwin Du Bois
Whoah...benjai, machel, kes then kerwin all in a row...that's gonna be incredible.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
1/ JW & Blaze.
2/ Shal Marshall
3/ Destra Garcia
4/ Superjigga TC
5/ Chucky
6/ Nadia Batson
7/ Erphan Alves
8/ Dexter Blaxx Stewart
9/ Patrice Roberts
10/ KI
11/ Benjai
12/ Machel Montano
13/ Kes
14/ Kerwin Du Bois
Damn, crazy early.

Vivaa

Power Soca Monarch Performers in ORDER:

1/ Mikey
2/Fireman Hooper
3/ Erphaan Alves
4/ Destra Garcia
5/Nadia Batson
6/Shurwayne Winchester
7/Iwer George
8/Blaxx
9/Machel Montano
10/Prophet Benjamin
11/Hard Knaxx
12/Swappi

1/ JW & Blaze.
2/ Shal Marshall
3/ Destra Garcia
4/ Superjigga TC
5/ Chucky
6/ Nadia Batson
7/ Erphan Alves
8/ Dexter Blaxx Stewart
9/ Patrice Roberts
10/ KI
11/ Benjai
12/ Machel Montano
13/ Kes
14/ Kerwin Du Bois
so ah could go blue range... reach monarch when patrice finish... then leave when kerwin done... scene

all4life

Forca Barca
Power Soca Monarch Performers in ORDER:

1/ Mikey
2/Fireman Hooper
3/ Erphaan Alves
4/ Destra Garcia
5/Nadia Batson
6/Shurwayne Winchester
7/Iwer George
8/Blaxx
9/Machel Montano
10/Prophet Benjamin
11/Hard Knaxx
12/Swappi
that Hard Knaxx fella well be getting alot of boos!!!! tuff position.

Anyway......

Wadadlineko

KFC Video teaser

I not going to lie you when this chune first came out I was like. Wat chupidness this yah be. Then mah see couple performances and saw the energy them man put into them performance. Them man nah sound out of breath on stage even though them ah jump up and down and ah dance. And its different. Them man actually have ah dance routine for all dem song. Plus they entertain you. So me nah kay wah nobody say KFC to the world. Me can guarantee by the end of the show man, woman, child, crappo and narl going to remember his name and the song. KFC to the world. maddly!!! ^_^

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HK2zYutZ0Is" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cease10

i hope he leave some kfc for swappi bucket :kicks
It would be hilarious if he came on stage with buckets of chicken and fling it at the crowd :kicks He might cause ah riot in the stadium :nhl_check Everybody rushing for chicken :kicks

International Power Monarch 2012

Well, i am not sure CTnT will be streaming itlive or delayed, but i was given the assurance that the gov't station in antigua will be streaming it live. Since we have an artist repping..

any how, here is the antiguan link:

ABS Television Live

if you have any other links either vid or audio, can you post them here..

please and thanks

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
Order Of Performance For 2012 Intl. Groovy Soca Monarch Performers
1:JW & Blaze.
2:Shal Marshall
3:Destra Garcia
4:Super Jigga TC
5:Chucky
6:Nadia Batson
7:Erphan Alves
8:Blaxx