NYPD shoots Knife wielding man in synague ....

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhOSsMANZvVNY5PF6d"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhOSsMANZvVNY5PF6d" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

justified or not?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
ugghhh...

Suicide by police it looks like.

You cant see the last few seconds of the video to see if its justified or not... on the news this morning they said he lunged at the cops with the knife.. If he did indeed lunge at the cops then its justified

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Considering the man had just stabbed someone and lunged at someone else...justified. He would have stabbed them too if given the chance.

Poca

I did not watch the video, That's why I asked. If he had the knife and did not move towards the officer , it was unjustified. Unless he moved towards someone else. If he had the knife and moved only an inch toward the officer then he had no choice but to shoot.

Does it make a difference...after watching the video?

A.K.K.S.

He deserved to be shot. Sounded Grenadian, Trinibagonian or possibly Vincentian with a Afram NYC influenced accent .

Lucianite

I read in the paper that he was "bipolar and the loving father of two kids" - quoted by family member.

Loup has some sinister ulterior motive for posting this and the question to bolster his justification of police killing black men.

First of all, there have not any protests centered around this or police killing of armed citizens and really most killing of unarmed citizens barely make the news.

A larger issue is the mental health crisis that so often lead to the killing of innocent people and this case the tragic stabbing of the victim.

but some of you can be so callous and judgmental of whose life is "justified"

Lucianite

There is a reason he remained quiet on Kimani...
Sharpton cherry picks his cases..

"his cases" - ?

I heard the family of the victims are the ones that reach out to Sharpton and they seem happy to have him in their corner.

Loup "Cherry picked" this case to ask about "justification"

If sharpton picked EVERY police shooting there would still an attack on him -#cantwin

dedetriniking

"his cases" - ?

I heard the family of the victims are the ones that reach out to Sharpton and they seem happy to have him in their corner.

Loup "Cherry picked" this case to ask about "justification"

If sharpton picked EVERY police shooting there would still an attack on him -#cantwin
Indeed! I'm not a Sharpton fan but no need to lie on the man. It is the families who get sharpton involved. If they want to keep him out they can....and some have.