NYC School Closings Tomorrow...

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
DAMN They never closed public schools back in the 80s/90s when i was up in there, now they wanna close at every sign of snow

Drinks4Life

AKA Dimeout
saves me from taking a day off :drinks: now just have to figure out how will i reach Trinidad:( flight maybe cancel

C

CocoErotika

thank goodness for one parent being at home. there are folks at my job panicking. SMH

iPicong

was juss talking bout dis............something fishy (Bloomberg) bout dis on different levels.

N

nikkigiovanni

DAMN They never closed public schools back in the 80s/90s when i was up in there, now they wanna close at every sign of snow
ummm i grew up in the 80s and i remember when they closed the schools....i think they closed the schools more in the 80s than they do now.....

N

nikkigiovanni

lol...what's the probem?

unno cyaan find nutten fi do wid unno pickney?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
ummm i grew up in the 80s and i remember when they closed the schools....i think they closed the schools more in the 80s than they do now.....
last time i remember school closing was the blizzard of 96... I remember going to school in all them storms in 92, 93, 94 and hardly any teachers showing up... just kids running wild and the few teachers that showed up trying to keep control I cant remember any closings in the 80s though

N

nikkigiovanni

last time i remember school closing was the blizzard of 96... I remember going to school in all them storms in 92, 93, 94 and hardly any teachers showing up... just kids running wild and the few teachers that showed up trying to keep control I cant remember any closings in the 80s though

when i was in elementary school as a youngin...so it had to be between '79and maybe '83

i was surprised when i saw these kids nowadays having to go to school in all kinds of weather, when i remember having snow days

Last edited:

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
89 storm shutdown the city, but the schools were already closed for the holidays.

Cloud

On to Political f0rum
Lol well recently I've never heard of schools closing period...there was a blizzard in 07 and schools were still open...

So tomorrow must mean there's some major blizzard coming if they actually closing