New Genre: Bashment Soca

BAJANFUHLIFE

the bajans have come up with the new genre called bashment soca because we got tired of hearing the jump and wave tunes from the original soca artistes the trinis.

for those who dont know wat bashment soca is, let me explain. bashment soca is soca music that does mek ya wuk up stink stink with ya face push up and one leg in the air.

some of my favourite bashment soca tunes: pampalam, tag team, lowtown, ruff winers, behind the people truck by gorg and big red, etc.

anybody got the tunes online? name some more. let we bajans introduce the others to the new soca genre. btw, dont bring no contone or pong in here.

ajax

a lot of the tunes you mentioned are quite old, so i'm not sure why you're calling this a "new genre".

JULIAN

Julian
the bajans have come up with the new genre called bashment soca because we got tired of hearing the jump and wave tunes from the original soca artistes the trinis.

for those who dont know wat bashment soca is, let me explain. bashment soca is soca music that does mek ya wuk up stink stink with ya face push up and one leg in the air.

some of my favourite bashment soca tunes: pampalam, tag team, lowtown, ruff winers, behind the people truck by gorg and big red, etc.

anybody got the tunes online? name some more. let we bajans introduce the others to the new soca genre. btw, dont bring no contone or pong in here.
browse in here: http://www.islandmix.com/avroom/browsemusic.php?page=2
select barbados and then choose a year and search.

from last year i really liked stabbys juk juk, lil ricks wuk up pon top a wuk, Juck Up All In Dat by verseewild. lol @ no contone & pong

warrior

Lowtown and Ruff Winers aren't bashment soca. But fair enough.

Digga D

UK™ (CEO)

if it aint in the avroom i gon try ah ting :read:

Lowtown and Ruff Winers aren't bashment soca. But fair enough.
like dont get me wrong but i feel a touch of deja vu comin on cos i cud have sworn u did a thread like this b4 n we n n a few others listed d tuned dem n u also told me dat certain "BAJAN TUNES" werent on par with this "NEW SUBJECT!"... :lol

La reina Baby Phat

Last year, I was at a CSA conference, and I went to a panel where a presenter from the music department at Cave Hill actually talked at length about bashment soca and played examples...it was pretty informative.

Also, is down to lowtown that song that goes "let mi see yuh wuk up like a bajaaaaan"?

BAJANFUHLIFE

Last year, I was at a CSA conference, and I went to a panel where a presenter from the music department at Cave Hill actually talked at length about bashment soca and played examples...it was pretty informative.

Also, is down to lowtown that song that goes "let mi see yuh wuk up like a bajaaaaan"?
yeah

La reina Baby Phat

Thanks...
I actually did a course on Music of the English Speaking Caribbean, and my lecturer played that song as an example and it took all of my willpower to not mash up ma chair right then and there...she gave me a CD with it but I never was able to id it till now.

warrior

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ArDJNaiUfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wB8OcXzu2NI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pPrFhwXllLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Digga D

UK™ (CEO)
again i still wouldnt call it a new genre?

simply because yall greats like Lil Rick n Peter Ram have had their experiences with "BASHMENT" aka Dancehall to others so its jus going full circle....

yall aint tired of watering down a genre ... :kicks yall shud be putting energy towards why the music aint being played on other islands or why it aint even present in your local shops?