My car was iced out this morning

S

sharkie

I had 8am class and I went outside at 8 am.... I didn't have time to wait for the defroster to start doing it's job.
this is exactly why i hate 8 am classes. i took classes at 9:30 this yr simply cus by the time i ready to jump in, there is no to little ice.

next semester once again i have 8 am classes :( so this means runnin to go start mih car at 6:45 and making sure i leave the house by 7 on the dot. :(

S

sharkie

buh wait, if yuh din ha no time, whey yuh get de hot water from? :confused

Nica

SAINTSational
this is exactly why i hate 8 am classes. i took classes at 9:30 this yr simply cus by the time i ready to jump in, there is no to little ice.

next semester once again i have 8 am classes :( so this means runnin to go start mih car at 6:45 and making sure i leave the house by 7 on the dot. :(
you good with that 6:45 ting.... not me and that.... My alarm is set for 6am.... I probably hit snooze 3 times before I get out of bed.

downstairs my apt..... I ran into the kitchen.... got the water....dash the car and I was on my way.

buh wait, if yuh din ha no time, whey yuh get de hot water from? :confused

S

sharkie

you good with that 6:45 ting.... not me and that.... My alarm is set for 6am.... I probably hit snooze 3 times before I get out of bed.

downstairs my apt..... I ran into the kitchen.... got the water....dash the car and I was on my way.
lol. thing is, it takes 30 mins to drive then i have to take a bus that takes another 10 mins to get on campus and another 5 to walk to class. so if i leave the house at 7:15 i done late!

so as soon as 6 am rolls around, is straight to the bathroom, eat and bizzzounce.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
My colleague told me that she leaves her heat on when she turns off her car so that she can heat it up before she gets in each morning. Using a remote engine starter, she warms up the car for a few minutes before she is ready to get in.

Nica

SAINTSational
My colleague told me that she leaves her heat on when she turns off her car so that she can heat it up before she gets in each morning. Using a remote engine starter, she warms up the car for a few minutes before she is ready to get in.
if I had that then I would do the same for sure!

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
Yeah that's what I do... my remote starter runs the car for about 15 mins or so. So I usually will start it and let is warm up while I get dressed. It's usually nice and toasty by the time I get in... although the leather seats (non-heated) stay cold, lol

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
But anyways... in the event that it happens again and the temp is still 32 or below.... how should I get rid of the ice on my windshield and wiper blades etc?
Before you start using the scraper I would recommend starting your engine and revving it a little to warm up the engine, then run the defroster with the temp set on warm. The combination of warm air and elbow grease should do the trick.
I would STRONGLY recommend this.

I am baffled when I wake up to hear people scraping scraping their lives away.
Just start di car, turn the vent to defrost, the temp to max, and the fan to high, and go back in the house for 10 mins.

By time you finish your coffee/tea/porridge, your car will be toasty and your windshield will be ice-free. At the very least it'll greatly reduce the amount of scraping you do.

S

sharkie

seat warmers are the truth!! get 'em on your next car lol
i think i may have to. when i go to class from early to rass in the mornin to late as hell at night, sitting in that damn car while it warms up is friggin torture. sometimes i does jump around outside the car, but that depends on how much ppl in the parkin lot. lol :kicks

and i DEF need to invest in a remote starter cuz it look like nobody gettin it fuh me for xmas

a few question, bakes...ent you got yours at best buy? how much was it total? how long did it take them? and the actual starter thing is only attached to one pair of keys? or did you take two?

i have 2 bunches of keys that i frequently rotate because i does always lose one one day and have to use the other.

ank

yes, I do this ,.. if I forgot this , I would have to late for my work ..

and the cold and cold is coming just around the corner. .. I do not like cold

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
a few question, bakes...ent you got yours at best buy? how much was it total? how long did it take them? and the actual starter thing is only attached to one pair of keys? or did you take two?

i have 2 bunches of keys that i frequently rotate because i does always lose one one day and have to use the other.
Yeah I got mine from Best Buy two yrs ago... can't remember how much I paid... close to $200 I think with installation. Dropped it off in the morning, picked it up around 3-4 pm.

If you have a more recent car that has a computer chip embedded in the key you'll need to sacrifice one of those keys. If your key does not have a chip then you can keep your spare. Other than that the starter isn't attached to a key really, it's an electronic device attached to the starter under your hood, that receives a signal from a remote (on your key chain). The starters in more recent cars require a computerized code from the key in order to override the security feature on the car... this is why your car won't start with just a knock-off key... that chip in your key sends the code to the starter. This is why one key has to be sacrificed on newer cars. Older cars don't require that encrypted code to start.

Nica

SAINTSational
Yeah I got mine from Best Buy two yrs ago... can't remember how much I paid... close to $200 I think with installation. Dropped it off in the morning, picked it up around 3-4 pm.

If you have a more recent car that has a computer chip embedded in the key you'll need to sacrifice one of those keys. If your key does not have a chip then you can keep your spare. Other than that the starter isn't attached to a key really, it's an electronic device attached to the starter under your hood, that receives a signal from a remote (on your key chain). The starters in more recent cars require a computerized code from the key in order to override the security feature on the car... this is why your car won't start with just a knock-off key... that chip in your key sends the code to the starter. This is why one key has to be sacrificed on newer cars. Older cars don't require that encrypted code to start.
do you think that will be the case with an '03 car?

cunchreegal

Alliance mih seh!!!!
I recommend u buy this as well. When I bought my first car in Atl this was my
life saver when i was late for work (which was evry odder day).

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
do you think that will be the case with an '03 car?
You should be able to tell by just looking at your key... if the plastic head is thicker than a regular key or you see a tiny "compartment" on it then likely it has an embedded chip. Who ever you go to buy the starter from would be able to tell you once you give them the make and model.