My car was iced out this morning

Nica

SAINTSational
This morning I went outside at about 8am...I walked ot my car and the damn thing had ice all over.... I've never seen that happen in the 3 yrs I've been in Gram.

I had to be dashing water on the damn thing .... steups

Last edited:

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
hot water melts ice last time I checked.... besides it was not that cold when I did this..... it worked and didn't freeze up again
Arrite friend... if yuh say so. If there was ice on yuh car dat mean it was below 32 degrees outside. When it below 32 degrees water does freeze. Pouring hot water on de ice might melt it but eventually that water itself cools, then freezes to reform ice unless the temp rises above 32.

Regardless, yuh technique works fuh you and that's all that counts :good:

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
This morning I went outside at about 8am...I walked ot my car and the damn thing had ice all over.... I've never seen that happen in the 3 yrs I've been in Gram.

are those pictures from your new cellphone...:scratch

DerMonger

Humpf.....looks like my vehicle in T.O. almost everyday from October to the end of March. :cuss

Nica

SAINTSational
Arrite friend... if yuh say so. If there was ice on yuh car dat mean it was below 32 degrees outside. When it below 32 degrees water does freeze. Pouring hot water on de ice might melt it but eventually that water itself cools, then freezes to reform ice unless the temp rises above 32.
Regardless, yuh technique works fuh you and that's all that counts :good:
Yes I know that, but at the time when I discovered the ice on the car the temp was above 32. The ice formed overnight when the temp had dropped.... it "warmed up" up to about 47 during the day and I had no more ice problems.

But anyways... in the event that it happens again and the temp is still 32 or below.... how should I get rid of the ice on my windshield and wiper blades etc?

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
Yes I know that, but at the time when I discovered the ice on the car the temp was above 32. The ice formed overnight when the temp had dropped.... it "warmed up" up to about 47 during the day and I had no more ice problems.

But anyways... in the event that it happens again and the temp is still 32 or below.... how should I get rid of the ice on my windshield and wiper blades etc?
Depending on how often it frosts where you are you might just want to invest in a 'scraper'... costs a dollar or two at any auto parts store.

You can use it to chip and break up the ice on the body (painted parts) of your car, and to scrape the ice off the glass portions. Careful with scraping the painted parts.

Not that I was looking for argument, but the main reason why you don't want to use water (especially if it's still 32 or below) is b/c you wouldn't want that water to trickle down into joints (or god-forbid, your lock) and re-freeze... unnecessary headache.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Make sure that you have one of those rubber ice scrapers. I spend alot of time in Upstate New York and you can't survive without one of those.

Nica

SAINTSational
Depending on how often it frosts where you are you might just want to invest in a 'scraper'... costs a dollar or two at any auto parts store.

You can use it to chip and break up the ice on the body (painted parts) of your car, and to scrape the ice off the glass portions. Careful with scraping the painted parts.

Not that I was looking for argument, but the main reason why you don't want to use water (especially if it's still 32 or below) is b/c you wouldn't want that water to trickle down into joints (or god-forbid, your lock) and re-freeze... unnecessary headache.
ight cool.... it gets icy out here but it doesn't happen often .... I'll get one anyways.

Redlocks

Mr. BALTIMORE
Before you start using the scraper I would recommend starting your
engine and revving it a little to warm up the engine, then run the
defroster with the temp set on warm. The combination of warm air
and elbow grease should do the trick.

Nica

SAINTSational
Before you start using the scraper I would recommend starting your
engine and revving it a little to warm up the engine, then run the
defroster with the temp set on warm. The combination of warm air
and elbow grease should do the trick.