MTV Cribs...AH LIE

RotiKing2004eva

Was watching yesterday and it was the "House of Brooke Valentine"...for those that don't know ( and i barely knew) she sings "girl fight" and that other one...wait...no that's her only hit.

Now, since she only has 1 hit, how she have such a big house and pool and ting? And she seemed to not know where things were from the vibe I was catching....I think a lot of the cribs houses, especially hers, was a rental.

~Urbane~

RotiKing2004eva said:
Was watching yesterday and it was the "House of Brooke Valentine"...for those that don't know ( and i barely knew) she sings "girl fight" and that other one...wait...no that's her only hit.

Now, since she only has 1 hit, how she have such a big house and pool and ting? And she seemed to not know where things were from the vibe I was catching....I think a lot of the cribs houses, especially hers, was a rental.
Yeah they are...duh.........they mentioned that on T.V. before . SOme people really own the cribs though.

HornaMan4Hire

SAME SH!T DIFFERNT TOILET
RotiKing2004eva said:

I think a lot of them rent shit for the show MTV cribs...
But how big a house we talkin about though.. i missed it so i dont know...
She could have gotten it by spending her whole advance check like so many artists do, having the label pay for it and then when she doesnt make the label back that money they take it away from her, and by previous work she done in the industry...
And dont forget, credit, its the American Way... she probably on her way to being another broke artist story

A

amprincess

yup sometimes the houses & cars are rentals :blush:

V

vincy_socababy

the JaRule house was a rental

but is shaggy looking for a friend. :hi: cause dammit i love that house

Terryfabulous

Satisfaction Facilitator
RotiKing2004eva said:

man you didn't know that....hell the only person i saw keeping it real was Redman...his was funny as hell....but it was kinda hard to believe that he would be living like that...had his cousin sleeping in the living room on the floor (the guest room) making grilled cheese sandwiches using the ironing board...

P

Pimptress

was it redman who showed a ghetto house? hell the door bell didnt even work :victory:

Terryfabulous

Satisfaction Facilitator
Pimptress said:
was it redman who showed a ghetto house? hell the door bell didnt even work :victory:
yeah i forgot about that...wires sticking out where the doorbell should be...lmao

HornaMan4Hire

SAME SH!T DIFFERNT TOILET
Terryfabulous said:
man you didn't know that....hell the only person i saw keeping it real was Redman...his was funny as hell....but it was kinda hard to believe that he would be living like that...had his cousin sleeping in the living room on the floor (the guest room) making grilled cheese sandwiches using the ironing board...
Yea it is believable that Red is living like that... Red comes from the time when the average rapper was not seein platinum status like that... They were lucky if they were goin gold... They were makin the amount of the average person, lets say 40,000 to 50k a year... and with that you can get you a nice average house like Red had... For the average person a house like that would mean you are doing pretty good... Only thing Red just isnt keepin it up...

BajanFyah83

vincy_socababy said:
the JaRule house was a rental

but is shaggy looking for a friend. :hi: cause dammit i love that house
I ent a JARule fan but he do have a nice house ova on the North Shore of Long Island and a condo in NJ right ova the GW Bridge. I don't know if thats what they showed on cribs but he long island house is in the hills wit the rest of the rich people ova there not too far from where Ashanti grew up.

V

vincy_socababy

BajanFyah83 said:
I ent a JARule fan but he do have a nice house ova on the North Shore of Long Island and a condo in NJ right ova the GW Bridge. I don't know if thats what they showed on cribs but he long island house is in the hills wit the rest of the rich people ova there not too far from where Ashanti grew up.

you again.

i just telling you that the house they showed was a rental. i know the man have a decent house.

BajanFyah83

RotiKing2004eva said:

Her house wasn't even that big what are you talkin about? She lived in one of those nice townhouse complexs. They have really nice ones over here that cost about $2000 a month for a 3 bedroom and they are like they own community with pools, tennis courts, dog walks, indoor basketball courts. I sneak in to all the time in winter to play basketball and a few of the NY Jets live there. You could own the lease, its just liek buying a condo.

RotiKing2004eva

BajanFyah83 said:
Her house wasn't even that big what are you talkin about? She lived in one of those nice townhouse complexs. They have really nice ones over here that cost about $2000 a month for a 3 bedroom and they are like they own community with pools, tennis courts, dog walks, indoor basketball courts. I sneak in to all the time in winter to play basketball and a few of the NY Jets live there. You could own the lease, its just liek buying a condo.
I was basing on the fact she has 1 tune out, so she can't have a lot of money for that house. I thought it was big and I couldn't possibly think that she made enough $$$ off that 1 single for it. So it was a community she "lived" in?

n00ner

el n00ño
Half the people they have on the show these days make me wonder why they got so much money. Seems like every time I put it on, it's some skateboarder or bike guy that most of us have never heard of.

BajanFyah83

vincy_socababy said:
you again.

i just telling you that the house they showed was a rental. i know the man have a decent house.
AND I JUST TELLIN YOU HE DOES HAVE A NICE HOME

I said I ent see the show, so i don't know what they showed but was just sayin he do have a really nice home, he probably just doh want all of de world up in he hideaway ish.

BajanFyah83

RotiKing2004eva said:
I was basing on the fact she has 1 tune out, so she can't have a lot of money for that house. I thought it was big and I couldn't possibly think that she made enough $$$ off that 1 single for it. So it was a community she "lived" in?
Yea, you notice when they were walkin bout to cars and where her friends were she was walkin thru a lot and yuh could see the other units there. trust me, the same thing you said went right thru my mind about her only have one single but then I thought about how many shows see probably been doin around the country because thats how they make they money a new artist doh get paid from their first deal. Brooke is probably gettin about 10k-15k a show which isn't really that much compared to a other established artists but its still good money you know. She could do a club tour around the nation and make about a good 1/4 mil in a month.