Mind, Body n' Soul: Imix In Vogue Gettin' In 2 Shape

triniprincess76

I'm in love
Without reading the posts in this thread I can tell you that the secret to losing weight is staying away from carbs. Stay away from rice, bread, potato products and the like, throw a bit of execise in the mix and watch your weight dissappear.
I don't think that you can paint everyone with this broad brush...'cause I ate nuff carbs when I was in the military, and that's the fittest I was...as a matter of fact, they always advised us to eat pasta for dinner the night before a PT test.

I recently lost 40+ pounds, and didn't cut out carbs from my diet...for most people, the key to losing weight is controlling portion sizes. I ate everything...just not as much as I did in the past. Rather than eating a big plate of rice, I limit myself to a cup of rice as a part of my meal...if you're working out, you need carbs for energy/fuel.

I think the mistake that people make is cutting out things that they enjoy. It's not realistic for most people to stick with something/a health plan for life if they feel deprived.

Ms. Hershey

another day...
Without reading the posts in this thread I can tell you that the secret to losing weight is staying away from carbs. Stay away from rice, bread, potato products and the like, throw a bit of execise in the mix and watch your weight dissappear.
this doesn't work for everyone and you actually need carbs in order to up your metabolism. exercise is key as well as watching what you eat but the whole "no carb" craze only works for so long. you can't live on protein alone if you want your kidneys to continue to function properly.

quanette

All Hail the Queen
Ok my son will be a year old Wednesday and I have yet to get rid of the baby weight and then some since I put on more weight after he was born. I'm fed up with myself and I'm ready to shed this weight I'm gonna give my self until May first to get back into my pre pregnancy cloths I'm not just loosing weight I wanna make a life style change all my bad eating habits have to go so I'm gonna make a change for a better me and be healthly to chase this little one around . February 1st I start my journey

Last edited:

Kiz

Ok my son will be a year old Wednesday and I have yet to get rid of the baby weight and then some since I put on more weight after he was born. I'm fed up with myself and I'm ready to shed this weight I'm gonna give my self until May first to get back into my pre pregnancy cloths I'm not just loosing weight I wanna make a life style change all my bad eating habits have to go so I'm gonna make a change for a better me and be healthly to chase this little one around . February 1st I start my journey
how much lbs did you gain during pregnancy

Kiz

Girl I gained 20lbs and I think I gained like 7 -10lbs after I let myself go
you can still lose that...dont give up.... with my first 2 I gained about 30 bothe time....lost it all...did you breast feed....this time so far only gained 11....i have 2 months to go still.....I'll be 7 months this Friday

sweetpumpum

I need some help...if someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Where can I find a soca aerobics DVD? I have 3 different workout DVDs, and they bore me to pieces...I figure with the soca, I'll stick to doing it.

Help me please!
***NEW*** SOCACIZE™ DVD -An exhilarating Caribbean work-out! Shed unwanted pounds while moving to the rhythm of the islands
Get ready for a 45 minute SOCA Jam! Chutney Bachannal Warm-up
Warm up to the up-tempo sound of chutney music
- a blend of Indian, calypso and soca rhythms. Cardio Soca Jam
Learn moves like “pump it” and “back it up” while you
“wuk up your waistline” with choreographed dance routines. Wine & Tone
Wine and tone your muscles at the same time! Experience cardio and
muscle tone, upper and lower body isolations and learn how to gyrate
your hips to the sensational sound of DANCEHALL SOCA music.
Weights are included in this section to strengthen and tone the upper and
lower body. Also, included is the special shimmy and shake to help you with a super
sculpted shape! The final component of this section includes toning the abdominal muscles.
Groovy Stretch
I’ve selected the rhythms of African & Caribbean music to help you enjoy
stretching without feeling fatigue and pain. This “sweet melody” will make
you feel relaxed, sexy, and re-energized.
Special Bonuses!
-Socacize Dance steps ---learn dance calypso, salsa, reggae and zouke
-Training Protocol - educate yourself on how to train and eat for the best results
-Get your finances in shape! - meet Julia Christopher from World Financial Group to help you whip your finances into shape
for a peace of mind.
Available online for only $19.99
Socasize - Are you ready to sweat? | ayanna@socacize.com | 416-728-5545
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

majik

i don't even know much about dieting, but what i'm doing now is just eating less of the crap that i normally eat...and hoping to lose weight :rolleyes: ..and as for exercise i walk alot, but that's about it......I NEED HELP!!!

Hi, I am not sure about your dieting habits but you should incorporate a diet into your exercise. It accounts for 80% of your weight lost.

I currently am on a strict diet of high proteins I run 4- 6 miles 3 times a week weight training the other two days rest on weekends. I lose about 2 - 3 lbs per week if I want to.

majik

ok allyuh i'm needing to lose 20lbs by july 1st.

stats:
5'4
150lbs

measurements:
waist - 32inches
hips - 39 inches
bust - 35 inches

This is my plan...I joined a gym in dec w/ my hubby but it's a small gym w/ no classes so I only manage to go about once a week. I'm going to quit that gym and join la fitness so I can do their classes. I can only manage to go to the gym twice a week (mon and wed) but on a couple of the days i don't go (thurs and sat) i can do something from fittv. I've tried their yoga and Ireally like it and they have a nice dance show too.

As for diet I'm doing 6 small meals a day.
Tomorrow's example

Breakfast: fruit smoothie
Snack: crackers and peanut butter
Lunch: scrambled egg wrapped in spinach tortilla w/ raw carrots and broccoli
Snack: nuts and rasins
Dinner: vegetable noodle soup
Snack: chocolate covered pretzels

I wrote up my menu for the entire week and I've planned some sort of activity each day. I have these exercises that I can do at home (crunches, weight lifting stuff)...also I go in my bathroom and steam it up good and do some stretches, it feels really good. Sometimes I even do some jogging on the spot in there.

Anyway, I will post my progress. This is what I look like now, I need to wear this dress in trini and not have my belly lookin like a damn doughnut

Hi, do you normally eat 6 meals on the regular? If not you should start off with 4 smaller meals and then build to 5.

If you don't mind my input, I can formulate a eating plan for you that you can lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks with a nice exercise routine. You would have to committ though.

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
Hi, do you normally eat 6 meals on the regular? If not you should start off with 4 smaller meals and then build to 5.

If you don't mind my input, I can formulate a eating plan for you that you can lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks with a nice exercise routine. You would have to committ though.
I don't mind your input either. I'd like to see what routine you have to offer. :good:

Prince 22

I don't think that you can paint everyone with this broad brush...'cause I ate nuff carbs when I was in the military, and that's the fittest I was...as a matter of fact, they always advised us to eat pasta for dinner the night before a PT test.

I recently lost 40+ pounds, and didn't cut out carbs from my diet...for most people, the key to losing weight is controlling portion sizes. I ate everything...just not as much as I did in the past. Rather than eating a big plate of rice, I limit myself to a cup of rice as a part of my meal...if you're working out, you need carbs for energy/fuel.

I think the mistake that people make is cutting out things that they enjoy. It's not realistic for most people to stick with something/a health plan for life if they feel deprived.

Excellent point, this should be the model everyone follows....This is truly the key to losing weight.

Prince 22

Agree, but Ithink everyone just wants a quick fix.

The mistake everyone makes is that they start to workout in April/May thinking their going to look good in July August. People who workout in the previous year leading up to the new year is working out for the summer. People who workout now is working out for the fall winter. Classy Lady posted in the Backchat forum how she lost 10 pounds very easy by sticking to the same food routine and working hard prior to Carnival which i believe is Dec /Jan. That is a good example of not cutting out carbs and sticking to eating portions and just trying to figure out your body and what works for it.

POSA

10-75 the box K
Me too ! I don't belive in diets. I does eat potatoes and rice and pasta, bread all of that stuff and I still am losing weight. However I am in the gym doing 90 minutes of cardio 3 days a week and lifting weights 2 days a week/ 45 minutes of cardio and I eat that stuff in moderation. My problem is sweets I love dem too bad !!!!!!! I belive all dem diets is a bunch of crap. You have to just know your limits. When my friend came up here from Trinidad she was weighing 125 and you know in the west indies bread and flour is the staple . She been here for 5 years now and is weighing almost 25 lbs more. She says she is going to cut out bread and cereal etc, the very same food she used to eat home. Steuppps. It's all about portion control ,knowing your limits., and moving I know I too damn greedy, it has nothing to do w/ flour and sugar. But hang in there, we are all in this thing together.
Well Said!!
You also have to take into consideration in Trinidad people tend to have more active lives! Not like here in NY you have the winter months which makes it harder to go out and get active !

yyanna2

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I didn't really think I'd see much as far as muscle mass from it, but more along the lines of the fat loss and possible toning down .I'm mainly worried about my stomach areas, but I also need to make myself eat a healthier diet and workout more.:search: