Marlon Asher

cease10

Marlon Asher speakin like a Jamaican

I hear listenin to Flava 107, and they have marlon asher on the radio....And ah bunch a Trinis callin in, askin deh man what mek he talkin like a Jamaican...and askin questions like since he is a Trini, "wha mek he don't sing soca?"

I don't see anythin wrong wid the way the man talkin, he still reppin for T&T...what's the problem?

He even say that Jamaicans does give him nuff luv, and he don't understand what's the problem

Last edited:

BajanPryncess

~*~In the Mix~*~
Yeah I heard it too & I think that the questions the ppl were asking were a little too repetitive. I would have liked to hear more about what's next for him, his influences...

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for another interview!

cease10

For those of you that don't know who Marlon Asher is....he's a Trini reggae artist that has a big chune out called "Ganja Farmer"

He performing tonite in Brooklyn...

Last edited:

limintrinibwoy

ah like chupidness
cease10 said:
I hear listenin to Flava 107, and they have marlon asher on the radio....And ah bunch a Trinis callin in, askin deh man what mek he talkin like a Jamaican...and askin questions like since he is a Trini, "wha mek he don't sing soca?"

I don't see anythin wrong wid the way the man talkin, he still reppin for T&T...what's the problem?

He even say that Jamaicans does give him nuff luv, and he don't understand what's the problem

I give di man he respek....but ah curious tuh know wat he response was tuh why he talkin like a jamaican!!....ah doh mine he doh singing soca..buh wat mek he talk so....ah watchin di intahview wit jr. george an he talkin rel chupid....

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
cease10 said:

The CHICKEN has COME HOME to ROOST.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
By the way, I like that SONG.

Doesn't MAD SCORPION has a song on this RIDDIM called EMPRESS?

I well wah sey SUMTING but ah go LEAVE it ALONE.

Anyhow, I like that song too.

Last edited:

The Shooter

Big and Strong Camp
Marlon Asher is Trini and knows his roots. I happened to see him at Reggae Carifest @ Randalls where he mashed up the place. You can tell by his vibes that he does hang with Jamaicans, but we all hang with West Indians of all decents on an everyday basis, and I feel I can't the brother as long as he representing.

:gangsta

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
The Shooter said:
Marlon Asher is Trini and knows his roots. I happened to see him at Reggae Carifest @ Randalls where he mashed up the place. You can tell by his vibes that he does hang with Jamaicans, but we all hang with West Indians of all decents on an everyday basis, and I feel I can't the brother as long as he representing.

that tshirt says yardman

RotiKing2004eva

The Shooter said:

can you talk more about his performance? how long he stay on stage? he really mash up ? I missed it and was curious?

Soca_Diva76

Temporary Suspension
I saw his interview on TimePlus Beats and heard him on the radio as well.
He stated that he grew up in a soca family, but reggae caught his heart... I didn't see anything wrong with that.
I was little confused when I heard him speak b/c he did sound Jamaican. But with certain words, you heard the Trini come out...
Sorry that I missed his show last night (had to work today)

Panman06

Old School Member
socadiva05 said:
I saw his interview on TimePlus Beats and heard him on the radio as well.
He stated that he grew up in a soca family, but reggae caught his heart... I didn't see anything wrong with that.
I was little confused when I heard him speak b/c he did sound Jamaican. But with certain words, you heard the Trini come out...
Sorry that I missed his show last night (had to work today)
Thats usually the case with a lotta of us who grow in a household which loves soca. like its in your head 24/7...so to get a different vibe is a blessing. Also, I noticed when I went to the Binghi house, and Ises a few yrs back...that once u take on the Rastafari faith, your whole language changes and u take on different type of slang and way of speaking. So I can see where he might sound like a yardie.

All dah dem who have issues, get the hell off it. bunch ah arses, de man have never denied who and what he is. I like the fact he dont sing song when he speaks.

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
SkoolboY said:
Thats usually the case with a lotta of us who grow in a household which loves soca. like its in your head 24/7...so to get a different vibe is a blessing. Also, I noticed when I went to the Binghi house, and Ises a few yrs back...that once u take on the Rastafari faith, your whole language changes and u take on different type of slang and way of speaking. So I can see where he might sound like a yardie.
I grew up around nuff uncles who were Rastafari in Barbados and Grenada and none of dem talked Jamaican as Rastas.. Yes they use different slang but them neva lost dem accents....

Imagine a Bajan bingi talking like a Yaardie binghi?
wuhlooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosss!

cease10

limintrinibwoy20 said:
I give di man he respek....but ah curious tuh know wat he response was tuh why he talkin like a jamaican!!....ah doh mine he doh singing soca..buh wat mek he talk so....ah watchin di intahview wit jr. george an he talkin rel chupid....
On the radio, he was basically sayin "when you in Rome, you do what the Romans do". He's in the reggae business and he end up talking like them.

I could understand where he coming from, because if you hanging around the same people all the time, you go end up starting to talk like them.

It's mere adaptation, you adapt to your surroundings....I don't think he forcing it or anythin...

T

Toppa_Toppa

The Shooter said:

Dise he in de picture? Oh geed, the yardies could claim him, he resemble dem more.