Lordsalt!

lordsalt

Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!!
it saddens me that i have to tell ya no. name does not ring a bell, however, maybe i can still help...

did he have a stage name? was in a band? was a small local artist in tnt? recorded any songs? time frame was and is around? anything to give me something 2 feed off of.

most of my knowledge centers around the artists and bands. not necessarily the musicians in the bands (brass players, piano people, bass and drum players, etc.) although they are equally important.

salty

BFFan

I MADE A MISTAKE, ITS ART DECORTEAU.

OKAY, THE REASON WHY ASK CAUSE HE DID SOME ARRANGEMENTS ON ALBUMS OF SOME ANTIGUA CALYPSONIANS BACK IN THE 70'S.

YOU MIGHT BE AWARE OF THIS WEBSITE:

www.calypsoarchives.co.uk which gives the discography of most of the major calypsonians

some of the antiguan calypsonians are: shortshirt, swallow, obstinate, latumba whom are in the archives. but unfortunate its only text no audio but you can get an idea of the works of these artists.

janfor

Art Decoteau was a prolific musician and is credited with working with numerous artists. He is also the father of soca artist Ronnie McIntosh.
If you speak to any of the veteran calypsonians they will be able to inform you.

lordsalt

Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!!
bf - yeh i saw calypsoarchives a few years back. they don't really update the site much, but good info. on obtaining old records/cd compilations. sounds like a vet in the bizness.

janfor - good info. do u know some of the songs he helped composed? if so maybe i can understand his style, cuz some musicians have a distinct and notable flavor in their songs. u can definitely hear it in Shadow's music as well as Burning Flames. sometimes i can listen to an instrumental and know who will be singing over it. :p

salty

BFFan

janfor said:
Art Decoteau was a prolific musician and is credited with working with numerous artists. He is also the father of soca artist Ronnie McIntosh.
If you speak to any of the veteran calypsonians they will be able to inform you.
I feel I must ask this question for clarity, is Art Decorteau really Ronnie Macintosh father or is it Frankie Macintosh Ronnie's father? Or are both Ronnie and Frankie related?

Cause, I know Frankie use to be arranging and playing keyboards for Antigua's lengendary Laviscount Brass and Ronnie seemed to coming to Antigua year after year.

KathryneZboncak

The backchat room is initiated for the framed works for the athletes. The enhancement of the chat and dissertation help online is framed for the turns. The chip is issued for the behest of the reforms for the implication for the incentives for the far-flung Ares for the field.

Automotiveengine

the vast majority of my insight bases on the craftsmen and groups. not really the artists in the groups (metal players, piano individuals, bass and drum players, and so forth) in spite of the fact that they are similarly significant.

Regards
2nd hand engine