Like Jamaica

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
I was just at a coffee shop and the guy ahead of me was telling the store manager that he was from Trinidad.

The Manager, a disheveled South Asian looking individual, asked what language they spoke in Trinidad.

The Trini fellow indicated that it was English but somewhat of a bastardized version. The Asian man, who I refer to as Missa Chin though he was clearly not Chinese, was puzzled by what that meant. The Trini tried desperately to explain but neither Missa Chin nor the bevy of buxom beauties he had serving behind the counter understood.

Exasperated, the Trini fellow said "Well it's like Jamaican".

At which point Missa Chin smiled, acknowledging he got it. He then asked the Trini fellow. "How close to Jamaica is Trinidad?"

DASH OUT - Still not close enough.

dedetriniking

I was just at a coffee shop and the guy ahead of me was telling the store manager that he was from Trinidad.

The Manager, a disheveled South Asian looking individual, asked what language they spoke in Trinidad.

The Trini fellow indicated that it was English but somewhat of a bastardized version. The Asian man, who I refer to as Missa Chin though he was clearly not Chinese, was puzzled by what that meant. The Trini tried desperately to explain but neither Missa Chin nor the bevy of buxom beauties he had serving behind the counter understood.

At which point Missa Chin smiled, acknowledging he got it. He then asked the Trini fellow. "How close to Jamaica is Trinidad?"

Point please!???

Carib2

Why couldn't the guy just say they SPEAK ENGLISH and a local ''version'' of English?? Is the person daft or an Ass?

Carib2

Why does Nikki hate Trinidad. Actually

Why do people hate Trinidad so much? Damn

Even my brother said its an ''Indian country'' in a rude way. ''Dem people not our people'' in his own words.

bktrini305

Even my brother said its an ''Indian country'' in a rude way. ''Dem people not our people'' in his own words.
Its different in a lot of ways, but its still culturally relevant, so it can stick in a lot of people's craw having to asterisk what they're saying about their region.

That's my PC answer. But I'm ready to read too.

Nikki hates trinidad because she doesn't like the men. she likes Jamaican men. She'd rather be cuffed than horned i suppose.

Lemme guess ur cuzin born in the UK?

Dem people? Lol but a lot of the Caribbean take up Trinidad stuff particularly carnival and passing it as their own. And Trinidadian economic interests keeping much of the WI afloat?

Anyway this thread dumb and so is ur Cuzin so what I don't like small island people neither Guyanese neither Jamaicans but that ain't change the price of cheese lol

Carib2

Its different in a lot of ways, but its still culturally relevant, so it can stick in a lot of people's craw having to asterisk what they're saying about their region.

Nikki hates trinidad because she doesn't like the men. she likes Jamaican men. She'd rather be cuffed than horned i suppose.
Nikki should eat doubles she will soon fall in love with Trinidad. Doubles hmm....

Dem people? Lol but a lot of the Caribbean take up Trinidad stuff particularly carnival and passing it as their own. And Trinidadian economic interests keeping much of the WI afloat?

Anyway this thread dumb and so is ur Cuzin so what I don't like small island people neither Guyanese neither Jamaicans but that ain't change the price of cheese lol
No he's my brother and is SLU is on holiday in the UK (will be going back with him in January) anyway he said Trinidad is a Indian country - I don't think that's true but apparently that's what a lot of people back there think...

Nikki should eat doubles she will soon fall in love with Trinidad. Doubles hmm....

No he's my brother and is SLU is on holiday in the UK (will be going back with him in January) anyway he said Trinidad is a Indian country - I don't think that's true but apparently that's what a lot of people back there think...
Or well I don't know why your brother feels like that black Indian whatever even if it was an "Indian" country it's still Caribbean as the Caribbean is made up of different races. So he saying the St Lucian Indians or whites less Caribbean ? Anyway your brother seem to be lacking education and experience.

I feel like threads like this that is started just to divide gets more forward than anything else. Are we grown people bout here?

8thWonder

except Jamaicans and you apparently.
I rarely hear Jamaicans caring for anything other country other than whats going on in their own social sphere.Why would they mention Trinidadians?

@cheese

Carnival is a Caribbean thing not just Trinidadian.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
I rarely hear Jamaicans caring for anything other country other than whats going on in their own social sphere.Why would they mention Trinidadians?

@cheese

Carnival is a Caribbean thing not just Trinidadian.
Wrong think again.... or go to that other trini pagan thread and see how chupid that trini is...

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen

Lol. Thats interesting.

bktrini305

@cheese

Carnival is a Catholic Caribbean thing not just Trinidadian.
fixed
But the modern blueprint is Trinidadian, and acting like its any different is badmind.

As for the red, I'm really responding to Jamaicans on Imix. Note this thread. And Jamrok who's favorite thing to do is troll trinis. They're not alone.

Although to be fair George just makes funny posts about everyone else. He's done things like this with Bajans too.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

That anecdote above and the song below remind me of each other....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rom4qWtEkMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BOTH sound HIGH as Fcuk.....:meeting:

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
fixed
But the modern blueprint is Trinidadian, and acting like its any different is badmind.

As for the red, I'm really responding to Jamaicans on Imix. Note this thread. And Jamrok who's favorite thing to do is troll trinis. They're not alone.

Although to be fair George just makes funny posts about everyone else. He's done things like this with Bajans too.
Carnival is world wide...Just the Celebration is different in the southern hemisphere