Letters of Complaint

XtasyReds

Letterist
Every since I wrote IP, I have been reviewing the various letters I sent to organizations over the past year.

If you thought the IP one was bad, look at this one to Bank of America.

Correspondence Department
Bank of America
PO Box 25118
Tampa, FL 33622

Subject: Bank of America Policies Including Training

Reference: Checking Account XXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a Bank of America customer for a little over a year now and I am writing to tell you of my disappointment and utter disbelief at my recent experiences with your employees. This letter may be long and I will try my best not to go off on tangents.

I have segmented this letter to address the issues that I have with your company and it’s policies.

Inconsistent/Lack of Training
On Tuesday March 20, 2006 I deposited a check drawn on a JP Morgan Chase routing number at the Brookline Street branch here in Boston. When I asked the teller when these funds would be available, I was told two to three business days. On Friday, March 24 2006 I was confused to see these funds were still on hold in my account.

I reviewed the transaction confirmation given to me as proof of my deposit. At the bottom of the transaction confirm, there was a one sentence blurb stating that these funds were subject to holds. This phrase meant nothing to me because the length of the holds they were subject to, were not expressed.

I called Bank of America’s customer service toll free number to inquire when this check would clear and was told because this check was not drawn on a local routing number that it would be seven business days. Hearing this I was stunned so I called back to speak to another services representative. The next customer service agent I spoke to told me that my check would clear in the next five business days. At this I became angry because what I was being told was inconsistent from the last person I spoke to and definitely inconsistent from what I was told by the bank teller at the Brookline Street branch in Boston.

At hearing this, I was transferred to a representative who works in the department where my account can be closed. Unfortunately, my account could not be closed because it was in overdraft. This representative then informed me that the only the funds could become available would be at the discretion of the branch manager at the Brookline Street Branch.

At this point, I transferred to Mario Jack, the manager of the Brookline Street branch. This young man was very rude and brief. He did not even look at my account information before beginning a spiel that seemed to be based on aggression and not on the policies of your bank and the federal regulations mandating banking in this country.

Mario Jack told me that this check would not clear for seven business days because it was not drawn at a local bank. When I explained to him that I went to New England College of Finance and knew fully well what the banking regulations were, Mr. Jack then began to patronize me. He told me that I was asking him to break the law and that I was a jerk for requesting he release a portion of the deposit before seven days. This presents the question/statement:

- Why is that BRANCH MANAGER not aware that this Bank of America policy and not state regulations? Mario Jack told me this was state policy.

Talking to Mr. Jack was an arduous task. He constantly spoke over me and refused to let me speak. When I asked for the regional manager’s name, Mario Jack refused to give me the name. The conversation was ended when Mario Jack hung up the phone on me. Needless to say, I was angry that I still did not have the answer to why my check seemed to be going through an extended clearing process and now I had been verbally abused by a Bank of America employee.

It is now five hours into my quest for answers. I once again call the Bank of America toll free customer service telephone center. I spoke to a pleasant gentleman, who’s name escapes me at the moment. This representative told me he would not be able to help me with the regional manager’s name but would forward my request onto his supervisor. I was told that his supervisor would return my call within the half hour.

Unfortunately, half hour passed. Three hours later my phone call was returned. And to my dismay, I was not provided with the Boston Area regional manager’s name. And when I spoke to this “supervisor” and I use the term loosely, I was spoken to in a tone that indicated indifference and no concern for what I had endured at the hands of Bank of America. Wallace Frye had a monotonous tone and continued to speak while I was speaking and offer no apology for what I was going through. The most Wallace could do was provide me with the address I am writing to today. This was something that I could have done myself using my internet access.

On Tuesday, March 29, 2006 I was expecting to see the funds I have referenced so frequently in this letter. To my dismay, they were still not available. When I called the Bank of America customer service center only to be told they have no idea why the funds are not available and that I should call back in two hours so this matter can be researched further. When I requested that I be called back by a Bank of America rep, I was told that the customer service department does return phone calls but only takes incoming calls. This is total opposite to last week when several representatives called me on my mobile and home telephones.

As requested, I called back your customer service (and I use that term in the loosest of manners) department and was told that a new policy that went into effect on March 29, 2006 means that my funds will be available at or after 5:00 PM local time. Now, as a customer why was I not made aware of this?!!!!!! Why do I have to call the toll free number to find this out?!!!!!! I am a customer whom these policies effect and now my plans to close my account have been pushed back a day due to Bank of America policy implementation and lack of communication.

Result of Inconsistent Information
As a result of receiving incorrect or inconsistent information, I have endured many negative results.

On Saturday, March 25 I was stranded without gas in my car because my car was empty.
I have been called repeatedly my bill collectors because I have not been able to pay my bills as promised when I was under the guise that my deposit would be available in 1-2 business days.
I have been forced to work from home because I cannot afford to drive to work until that check clears.
Disconnected mobile telephone service.
Day to day life has become quite impossible and I have become a burden on loved ones while waiting for these funds to become available.

Summary
On this past Saturday I went into the Blue Hill Ave branch in Mattapan where I opened my account. I wanted to find out if any portion of my deposit could be released. This was not possible but I was finally provided an explanation for why this money would not be available.

A very pleasant branch manager explained to me my deposit was not available because my account was in an overdrawn status. Why did it take me speaking to more than seven of your employees to finally get an answer?! If this had been explained to me last week, I would have cashed my check outside of Bank of America and then deposited the funds as cash or paid my bills in another manner.

When I looked on your website today, I had to search for over ten minutes to find the following unclear disclosure regarding funds availability when an account is in overdrawn status:
When are funds available after deposit?
Usually on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. However, depending on the type and amount of your deposit, we may delay the availability of your funds for up to 11 business days. If we delay the availability of funds, we send you a notice and tell you when the funds will be available. A delay may occur under the following circumstances:
• You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 in one day.
• You re-deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
• We believe a check you deposit won't be paid.
• You've overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
• There is an emergency such as an equipment failure.

One person out of eight Bank of America employees could not tell me why my funds were not available and instead chose to make up reasons and “regulations” as opposed to doing a bit of research. This angers me to no end!

Your bank quite obviously does not have solid training program in place. Inconsistent behavior is obviously tolerated. Your employees certainly proved this to me over the past few days. The following were issues that I have with your staff:

- Inadequate training regarding Bank policy and federal regulation
- Indifference towards customers
- Inconsistent training
- Lack of professionalism displayed on numerous occasions

XtasyReds

Letterist
BoA Contd

I have experienced the above not only during these past few days but throughout my unfortunate year as being one of your customers. I know that I am not a high net worth customer but does that mean that I am undeserving of common courtesy? Does that mean that I should be treated like a second class citizen? Does that mean that I do not deserve to be served by competent employees at all levels?

Because of this and the other negative experiences I have had with your Bank and its unfair fees policies and disgustingly mannered employees, I have decided to close my account with your institution. This letter will have reached you by the time that I have closed my accounts.

I am sure that you do not care that I have closed my account because you are such a mammoth of a financial institution the loss of one customer does not bother you. Well, this letter will be finding its way to local newspapers, and to all of my friends and family. I am making it my personal mission to encourage the people I know and within my network to bank with companies other than yours. I have already begun to reach out to my colleagues and not to my surprise, they had adverse experiences with Bank of America as well.

I am very relieved that I am no longer going to be subject to rude behavior of your employees and inconsistent policy, and inadequate training.

I am happy to announce that I have opened an account with Wainwright Bank here in Mass. I am glad that I no longer have to deal with your monopoly of a company and rude, incompetent employees. I am certain that this lack of customer service focus will cause your company more grief than this letter.

Thankfully Free of Your Corporate Inconsideration,

XXXXXX

XtasyReds

Letterist
TSA Complaint

This one is brief

April 10, 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this brief letter to complain about your TSA staff at Logan Airport Security Baggage check – Terminal A. I travel quite frequently for my employer and Terminal A of Logan airport is the terminal that I utilize for most of this travel. Each time I go through security checkpoints at this terminal, I am greeted by rude TSA employees who offer less than substandard customer services skills. While I understand the safety of passengers embarking on air travel, I do not appreciate the experience I had today, April 10, 2006.

Whilst preparing to have my baggage scanned as part of security checks, I was met by two of the rudest people working at the airport. Apparently, I put too many items in the grey bucket provided. So Karen, the scanner technician, rudely yelled at me that I put too many things in the bucket and she would be rescanning my carry on items. I then attempted to monitor Karen’s handling of my property. But when I attempted to do so, a very loud and obnoxious TSA worker by the name of AJ began to yell at me and tell me that next time I need to wait before going through the metal detector if I want to see how my bags are being handled. At this I was very upset and requested AJ’s name. He refused and I had to obtain his name from another TSA employee (who was actually polite and understanding).

Once my bags had cleared (finally), one of my Louis Vuitton bags was not in a bucket but simply on the conveyor belt, which upset me even more. I expressed my concern to Karen, who was responsible for rearranging my bags and reloading them into buckers (or so I thought). Once again, I was yelled at and told was that is how the bag has to be scanned. I don’t think TSA realizes this bag that was simply tossed about like garbage cost me $600.00 (USD not pesos)!

I do not appreciate having my property abused in this manner. And even worse, I do not appreciate the tone in which I was spoken to by TSA employees. No wonder tensions are so high during air travel! With such rude and disgusting manners displayed by your employees it comes as no shock to me.

While I cannot avoid coming into contact with these individuals, I hope this letter serves as an indication of what travelers of feeling. We are being held emotionally captive by the TSA employees.

XtasyReds

Letterist
I wish I could find the one I wrote to Macy's some years back. I ended up with about 400 dollars worth of free MAC cosmetics and the girl I was complaining about got sacked.

Kiz

I wish I could find the one I wrote to Macy's some years back. I ended up with about 400 dollars worth of free MAC cosmetics and the girl I was complaining about got sacked.
damn....you ent one to be messed wid

PTM

Stolen from Africa
Every since I wrote IP, I have been reviewing the various letters I sent to organizations over the past year.
training
Do you normally get answers?

I never used to write letters of complaint until I realize that white people were complaining for every single thing. I've gotten favourable responses from the GAP, CIBC, and AOL, Rogers Cable to name a few. A well thought out, well written letter always does the trick.

XtasyReds

Letterist
damn....you ent one to be messed wid
Tell me what you would do?

Synopsis: You go to buy some MAC cosmetics at your local Macy's. You stand there while the counter girl is putting on she make up and she seeing you but not saying anything. A lady of another race comes over and she stops doing what she was doing to help she. What do you do?

I personally want to put she in a choke hold but I had my little cousins with (dont mind them would love to see such slackness) so I opted to write both Macy's and MAC. The end result worked in my favour. Because them overnight me all the makeup I needed for a year. Even gave some out as gifts. :grin:

limintrinibwoy

ah like chupidness

Synopsis: You go to buy some MAC cosmetics at your local Macy's. You stand there while the counter girl is putting on she make up and she seeing you but not saying anything. A lady of another race comes over and she stops doing what she was doing to help she. What do you do?

I personally want to put she in a choke hold but I had my little cousins with (dont mind them would love to see such slackness) so I opted to write both Macy's and MAC. The end result worked in my favour. Because them overnight me all the makeup I needed for a year. Even gave some out as gifts. :grin:
which macy's were u in..:rofl: downtown or sout shore :rofl:

pictures xtasy peltin letters at employees :rofl:

XtasyReds

Letterist

I never used to write letters of complaint until I realize that white people were complaining for every single thing. I've gotten favourable responses from the GAP, CIBC, and AOL, Rogers Cable to name a few. A well thought out, well written letter always does the trick.
I beleive in letting companies know, whether good or bad, what my experience was. If service is extraordinary in either direction, I always alert companies. I was so impressed with the service at a local Gap one day, I commended the young lady in store, told her manager while I was there and then wrote an email outlining how happy I was to have shopped that day.

I have recieved responses (even if it is just acknowledgements) from all the places I have written.

I recieved a 50 dollar gift card to The Cheesecake Factory, free makeup, 500.00 voucher for American Airlines, gift cards for Best Buy, bonus miles from American Airlines, etc. But that is not usually the point.

Best Buy is one company I will never return, despite having received compensation from them. I just threw the gift cards they sent me in the rubbish because they refused to acknowledge they were wrong.

Its principal.

Kiz

I would have lit ah fire under she ass and de lady of another race cuz ah kno she see you waiting dere........your approached benefited you in the long run (which was good).....but I too ignorant to think like dat when I geh vex......

Red Pole

What did CIBC say?:scratch

XtasyReds

Letterist
which macy's were u in..:rofl: downtown or sout shore :rofl:

pictures xtasy peltin letters at employees :rofl:
:kicks

South Shore Plaza. When I tell you it took every ounce of restraint in my body to stop from jumping over that counter and re-enacting a move from WWE.

Mrs. Yankee Doodle

Sweetness4life
Damn Reds you eh easy......but with the BofA situation, i agree with you. I was a teller there and dem customer service people doh know what the hell they doing. Imagine I used to work there and I refused to bank there.

limintrinibwoy

ah like chupidness
I would have lit ah fire under she ass and de lady of another race cuz ah kno she see you waiting dere........your approached benefited you in the long run (which was good).....but I too ignorant to think like dat when I geh vex......
:rofl: spawn of satan! :fyah
:kicks

South Shore Plaza. When I tell you it took every ounce of restraint in my body to stop from jumping over that counter and re-enacting a move from WWE.
:rofl: lawd i cud imagine see xtasy pick up ah coach bag from deh on d rack knock out d lady of anoddah race while jumpin ova d countah an pullin off d hairpiece wah d lady have in she head as she proceeds to beat d cake up make up off d oman face

XtasyReds

Letterist
Damn Reds you eh easy......but with the BofA situation, i agree with you. I was a teller there and dem customer service people doh know what the hell they doing. Imagine I used to work there and I refused to bank there.
I shoulda know you when I wrote that letter.

But you can tell they are not providing proper training. BofA used to be one of my clients when I worked at an Investment Bank and they knew when they were buying up banks left, right and center that would need to ensure training was up to par. Too bad they didnt before/during my year as a customer.