Jumbies ....

TRINILI0N

Move Quick...Doh Stick
Who know bout Lajabless ... if yuh run into one .. take off yuh clothes and turn dem inside out ... dat go protek yuh.

Who know bout Dwen ... To stop dem from lurin yuh children into the forest at dusk, doe shout dey name in ah open place, or de Dwen go take the echo from yuh voice and lure yuh child in de wrong direction.

When Ah Was Small ... Dah Lajabless Shyt Used To Rell Fock Meh Up.

In America ... De Only Jumbies Ah Dos See Now Is De Ones On Atlantic And Bedford When Ah Stop At Ah Red Light. When Yuh See Dem ... Lock Yuh Doors And Turn Up Yuh Window ... Dey Go Walk Straight Past Yuh.

This thread was inspired from the new girls Obeah inspired thread about "What Yuh Go Be When Yuh Dead .. Or Where Yuh Goin Or Someshytlikedat" ... Tanks for creepin me out.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
lemme help you out...

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6/west-indian-folklore-1318/

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f27/ghost-stories-obeah-stories-etc-126354/

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6/classical-childrens-stories-so-gruesome-229864/

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f...-folklore-characters-imix-members-lol-230758/

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6/caribbean-folklores-i-loved-hearing-these-stories-234841/

here are my threads on this
http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6/lets-talk-obeah-101-a-205876/

i love a good obeah/occult thread yes...so make sure an make it interesting.. dat remind me i have to start watching Once upon a time tonight! :kicks:

but hear dis nah.. dis is de defn' of a la diablesse..

La Diablesse
La Diablesse (Lajables), the Devil Woman, roames at night. She has eyes like burning coals and a face resembling that of a corpse, but hides it under a beautiful wide-brimmed hat and a veil over her face. She is dressed exquisitely in a blouse with puffy sleeves and long, petticoated, skirts. She has one cloven foot, which she tries to hide under her long skirts. She turns up at village dances, where she is immediately disliked by the women present, but she utterly charms the men and then asks one of them to take her home. He follows her, totally under her spell. She leads him deep into the woods and then suddenly she disappears. Unable to find his way home, the poor fellow stumbles around in the dark wood until he either falls into a ravine or a river to his death or gets attacked by wild hogs.

Old people talk: If you feel you may encounter a La Diablesse on your way home, take off all your clothes, turn them inside out and put them on again, and this will surely protect you from a La Diablesse.
me and my cousin went to help out some friend of hers at dis place on clarkson.. i think is that guyanese or grenadian hole in the wall spot.. there was this woman there who i kid you not. had on a long skirt, a white peasant top, a straw broad hat (which i had find strange as fck).. and we was by the door and i remember turning around and she was jes in the party.. so i say to my cousin.. wait.i seeing tings? da woman over dey .. where she come out from? and why she dress like a la diablesse??? so we laugh it off and ignore she.. so den i was takin pics.. and i take a pic with her in the foreground.. then i say wait.. and i keep taking more .. cos in the pics she was coming out blurry but everybody around her came out crystal clear.. i show my cousin and now both of us feel edgy lol.. then when de party done, she ask dese two young boys to give her a lift to her car .. just right down the road and i remember saying to my cousin.. is it just me or she hat hiding she face in every possible direction??? it was truly strange..and kinda creepy how things played out..

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i didnt even see part 1..but i'll put it on my long list.. did you see the conjuring.. people said tat was scary.. but then again people said The Human Centipede was gross/disturbing and i laughed cos it was hilarious to me. "i have to shit.. i'm sorry.. i so sorry".. :rofl:

TRINILI0N

Move Quick...Doh Stick
i didnt even see part 1..but i'll put it on my long list.. did you see the conjuring.. people said tat was scary.. but then again people said The Human Centipede was gross/disturbing and i laughed cos it was hilarious to me. "i have to shit.. i'm sorry.. i so sorry".. :rofl:
lol sounds more like a comedy ... no I haven't seen the conjuring .. i'll check it out, but you need to put Insidious on the top of that list tho.

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...

The Conjuring is scary as hell because it's based on a real family here is a video based on the real doll in that movie... there is no way I would have this shit in my house!:scare2:

This is the doll in the movie

This is the real doll ....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lykCPcbiLxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WARREN OCCULT MUSEUM 2013

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LTWUOAODyck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
ok wow that trailer was like umm.. lol... i just went and turned on my kitchen light.. i got spooked out from the stair scene cos twice in this house i have had pictures fly off the wall recently.. always the same picture... both times my rational side said "probably wasnt secured to the wall" while my other side mused with trepidation on the fact that my landlord downstairs is haitian lol.. forgive me..

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
my father siad one night he was driving home from la brea and was passing a cemetry and heard his name being called out...man put pedal to the metal and dust out....he said he was real bummy until a few weeks later he met up with some padnas and one ah dem said "hoss yuh eh hear meh calling yuh out in la brea what night it was?"...rofl...

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Who know bout Lajabless ... if yuh run into one .. take off yuh clothes and turn dem inside out ... dat go protek yuh.

You know the reason for all of this right? It's not about protection against any jumbie per se, its to keep your brain moving when you are scared.
What happens if something terrifies you? Your fear makes you freeze up...your brain cant function, your body wont move and your spirit gets stuck.
So taking off your shoes and putting them on the wrong feet and tying the shoelaces together, turning your clothes inside out etc etc. Gives you something else to focus on when you are scared so you dont freeze up.
So you dont actually do the above...you think the above so that you can do something like keep walking and never look back, to get you out of the situation. That is the real protection.

BacchanalDiva

my father siad one night he was driving home from la brea and was passing a cemetry and heard his name being called out...man put pedal to the metal and dust out....he said he was real bummy until a few weeks later he met up with some padnas and one ah dem said "hoss yuh eh hear meh calling yuh out in la brea what night it was?"...rofl...
:rofl: He wasn't shame?

I have a strange fascination with creepy WI folklore. One of my sisters really believe in soucouyant and in her old place used to swear the nice old lady that lived downstairs was one. Always showing me marks on her skin and putting salt by her door, rest of us used to say :rofl: at her.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

:rofl:

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
:rofl: He wasn't shame?

I have a strange fascination with creepy WI folklore. One of my sisters really believe in soucouyant and in her old place used to swear the nice old lady that lived downstairs was one. Always showing me marks on her skin and putting salt by her door, rest of us used to say :rofl: at her.
i think alot of ppl living in rural areas here still beleive in socouuyant...i was asking one of my clients if she had any medical issues, de woman watch me dead in my eyes and said she suffers from pains in her arms and breasts cuz there is a soscouyant in the area that sucks on her....and de thing is i have to record everything she says...i wasnt even sure if to put dat in de woman report or not....:lol

BacchanalDiva

i think alot of ppl living in rural areas here still beleive in socouuyant...i was asking one of my clients if she had any medical issues, de woman watch me dead in my eyes and said she suffers from pains in her arms and breasts cuz there is a soscouyant in the area that sucks on her....and de thing is i have to record everything she says...i wasnt even sure if to put dat in de woman report or not....:lol
:kicks you write it? At least you home, imagine if somebody had to put that in a file up here. Meds prescribing one time!

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
i just buss out one big dutty laff :rofl:

Galadriel77

Princess of Noldorin
LOL cool thread. Im a scardy cat who LOVES scary movie. These new crop of horror is not cutting it for me, so thanks for putting the movie in here. I'm from the days of Freddie and nightmare on Elm street; real psychological horror. Where you can't sleep after for a few days, and you swear you're seeing Freddy in the dark (don't judge me!) lol.

Hollywood needs to get back on track.
Cool. But I don't see them as "jumbies" just lost souls or souls who are corrupted or loves the earthly life. Maybe jus damn demons.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Did you see Insidious ?? Part 2 Coming out ... CANT WAIT !!
you won't be upset with the exception that Jame Wan isn't going to do part 3. He doesn't want to typecast...boo I say give me my horror movies that actually scare me.

It was gross with some funny parts, but remember you didn't get grossed out by Ichi the Killer.

The Conjuring is scary as hell because it's based on a real family here is a video based on the real doll in that movie... there is no way I would have this shit in my house!:scare2:

This is the doll in the movie

This is the real doll ....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lykCPcbiLxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WARREN OCCULT MUSEUM 2013
That movie had me checking closets and armoires after that one scene. I think they even included it in Insidious 2 because my co-worker/friend and I were like "wait a minute, they brought it back?" lol

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
:kicks you write it? At least you home, imagine if somebody had to put that in a file up here. Meds prescribing one time!
lol...i did cuz in a sense it does inform on her values/beliefs etc....but it is crazyyyy the kinda things ppl beleive....had another one whose 3 children had some kinda illness or deformity and she said that happened because the family of the last girlfriend the husband had before he got with her didnt like how he ended things, so they went by a pundit and put a curse or whatever on his "seed"...so happened dis pundit was like de pundit of all pundits so nobody coulda undo it except him and he end up dying so de curse cant undo....

dis time it could just be that she and her husband have recessive genes for some syndrome or something....

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
LOL cool thread. Im a scardy cat who LOVES scary movie. These new crop of horror is not cutting it for me, so thanks for putting the movie in here. I'm from the days of Freddie and nightmare on Elm street; real psychological horror. Where you can't sleep after for a few days, and you swear you're seeing Freddy in the dark (don't judge me!) lol.

Hollywood needs to get back on track.
Cool. But I don't see them as "jumbies" just lost souls or souls who are corrupted or loves the earthly life. Maybe jus damn demons.
Ent you want to be one ah dem when yuh dead? lol