Island People 2k10 ~Kutchela~

trinidarkie

yea i watchin the pics on triniscene, they had the best presentation and actually stuck to the theme, lets hope their prices a lil more resonable....... especially since i not seeing plenty big head pieces
To me only Spice could talk about having big headpieces, because every large headpiece in Tribe is on average 40-50US extra. Which I think is false advertising...where were the flimsy arse headbands and small pieces of shite headpieces in the launch...but that is a discussion for another thread.

trinizeta

The only one I can't stand is the green and blue...why de hell would I wear hot pants as part of my costume?...yuck...

IP has a very different presentation this year...stuck to their theme...have some really good male costumes...

I guess if you are lookin for big headpieces and lots of feathers go Tribe or Spice....if you are lookin for more creativity in yuh mas costume...go IP...

My picks are Kalpana indiv (the naked one with the beads), Taal (FL) (purple), Mudra (FL) (yellow and blue), and Bindi (FL) (burgandy).

(My picks for Spice were Greece FL and Thailand FL and for Tribe, Osage FL.)

GoldnHoney

Swappilicious...
The only one I can't stand is the green and blue...why de hell would I wear hot pants as part of my costume?...yuck...

IP has a very different presentation this year...stuck to their theme...have some really good male costumes...

I guess if you are lookin for big headpieces and lots of feathers go Tribe or Spice....if you are lookin for more creativity in yuh mas costume...go IP...

My picks are Kalpana indiv (the naked one with the beads), Taal (FL) (purple), Mudra (FL) (yellow and blue), and Bindi (FL) (burgandy).

(My picks for Spice were Greece FL and Thailand FL and for Tribe, Osage FL.)
you and I have the same fave picks in costumes.... we have great taste!! :drinks:lol

Soca_Loving_Trini

Official Winin' criminal
Anyone else like the costume with the skirt or is it only me? I guess the designer took a chance to do somethin different and I kinda like it, only the cloth on the head is kinda not too cute maybe they'll change or have another option by the time the mas camp opens

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
If de red one u talkin bout I like dat one too...lol...my friend hate it!!...they say it lookin like a red bandana tied to ur waist...
Anyone else like the costume with the skirt or is it only me? I guess the designer took a chance to do somethin different and I kinda like it, only the cloth on the head is kinda not too cute maybe they'll change or have another option by the time the mas camp opens

Shams

Bajan Ringbang
wow pure nekkidness lol - costumes are cute though.

still cant get the commess that was carnival 2k9 out of my head. costume without ah headpiece, lawd jezuzzz that was pressure - couldnt take a proper pic atall.

hopefully the band can come good next year with their customer service to support the lovely costumes they have.

...good luck with that. :scratch

BacchanalDiva

Agree that they came different and most of the costumes are actually cute. However, there is not one FL that makes my heart skip a beat..best FL's are Sonia Mack's (but I've never gravitated towards costumes w/ that haute couture thingie going on), the blue/yellow (pretty, 1 of the 2 I could see myself in but the FL is way to simple), the burgundy( but again FL too simple). The backlines are mostly cute but the frontlines are either too simple or too weird.

I think they will look great on the road tho.

Dougla Ting

Happily Ever After
Agree that they came different and most of the costumes are actually cute. However, there is not one FL that makes my heart skip a beat..best FL's are Sonia Mack's (but I've never gravitated towards costumes w/ that haute couture thingie going on), the blue/yellow (pretty, 1 of the 2 I could see myself in but the FL is way to simple), the burgundy( but again FL too simple). The backlines are mostly cute but the frontlines are either too simple or too weird.

I think they will look great on the road tho.
i did not like sonia mack's section this year, it looked so cardboard-ish like mas from the 80's and early 90's. maybe she will have something hot next year.