Is it just me (yes I'm bored)

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
or does others find it hard to not go back home when they have the chance. Every year ah saying ah going somewhere else but I always find myself back in Grenada every year. People are always asking why I go home every year, don't I want to see other places. I want to see other places but it's hard when my family is still in Grenada. My parents and my brothers and sisters are still home so of course I want to go home every chance I get

Lady Slaughter

Carnival Survivor
bebespice said:
or does others find it hard to not go back home when they have the chance. Every year ah saying ah going somewhere else but I always find myself back in Grenada every year. People are always asking why I go home every year, don't I want to see other places. I want to see other places but it's hard when my family is still in Grenada. My parents and my brothers and sisters are still home so of course I want to go home every chance I get
amen to that!! if i had money i would have been there right now seein that i have 2 weeks off. england has nothing for me during the holidays, my tail needs to be home

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
PhatJamz kiDD said:
I born here so I dont know if I can relate.. :O
Do you enjoy it when you go home or do you feel like coming back after a week because you get so bored?

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
Re: Re: Is it just me (yes I'm bored)

Lady Slaughter said:
amen to that!! if i had money i would have been there

for me it's not about the money, I just don't have a lot of time off from my job. I usually have to take an extra week off because I'm not going home for less than three weeks, last year I was there for a month.

Lady Slaughter

Carnival Survivor
Re: Re: Re: Is it just me (yes I'm bored)

bebespice said:
Lady Slaughter said:
amen to that!! if i had money i would have been there

for me it's not about the money, I just don't have a lot of time off from my job. I usually have to take an extra week off because I'm not going home for less than three weeks, last year I was there for a month.
so true, i know people who go in for 5 days. i dont think i can do that because in truth and fact ill only be spending 3 days there. last xmas i went for 5 weeks and still didnt think it was enuff. i plan to go for summer (8 weeks) i dont know which summer tho :(

pebblesjt

You can go home every year but try and take some time to explore the rest of the world.
There are some great weekend deals to other parts of the carribean or anyway. Take a three day or four day weekend. venture out. I always take a few weekend getaways during the year.

Roz

~~~~~~ROOF TOP BABY~~~~~~
bebespice said:
I say the same sh*it every year....Last year alone I was home 13 times....it came to the point that everyone was asking me if I move back home for good. This year is going to be the first year that I am trying something different....Atlantis for the first time (but I am still making a stop home at the end of this month and for the end of carnival in Aug).

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
bebespice said:
Do you enjoy it when you go home or do you feel like coming back after a week because you get so bored?
I mean I am the type of person that tries to have fun anywhere I go.. But in Greneda and or Carricou its hard because 1 I dont know anybody at all, 2 the people that I do know is 40+ and have no time chaparoning meh. So I am left to wander around town looking like a rell tourist and just doing nothing for most of the day. This makes the days feel that much longer and time slows down to a halt. The last time I was down it was only for like 7 days but felt like 2 weeks..

:(

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
pebblesjt said:
You can go home every year but try and take some time to explore the rest of the world.
There are some great weekend deals to other parts of the carribean or anyway. Take a three day or four day weekend. venture out. I always take a few weekend getaways during the year.
I agree, that's why this time I plan to vesite two ther islands while I'm in Grenada. St. Vincent and I think St. Lucia, it's very close and inexpensive from Grenada

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
You need to make friends, people home are so friendly, they will usually take you around. when are you planning on going again?

PhatJamz kiDD said:
I mean I am the type of person that tries to have fun anywhere I go.. But in Greneda and or Carricou its hard because 1 I dont know anybody at all, 2 the people that I do know is 40+ and have no time chaparoning meh. So I am left to wander around town looking like a rell tourist and just doing nothing for most of the day. This makes the days feel that much longer and time slows down to a halt. The last time I was down it was only for like 7 days but felt like 2 weeks..

KIMBO

Its kind of hard to g somewhere else when you're so used to going home every year.Every year I to say Im going somewhere else and I end up going home every year for a mont and don't regret one minute of it but I think after dis year I am definently going to try somewhere else but early in the year cause i know once summer comes around where I will be headed.

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
What part of Carriacou do you usually stay when you go home?

PhatJamz kiDD said:

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
bebespice said:
You need to make friends, people home are so friendly, they will usually take you around. when are you planning on going again?
I dunno, but whenever it is, its definately going to have to be with people in my own age group that is familiar with the area..

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
That's what happen to me, as soon as summer come I forget about going anywhere else. I have so much fun home, I know everyone and everyone knows me. If I go to a new place I'll be all by myself or have to wait on people to take me around. What part of Grenada you from? I don't know Grenadathat much, was there like four times.

KIMBO said:
Its kind of hard to g somewhere else when you're so used to going home every year.Every year I to say Im going somewhere else and I end up going home every year for a mont and don't regret one minute of it but I think after dis year I am definently going to try somewhere else but early in the year cause i know once summer comes around where I will be headed.

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
bebespice said:
What part of Carriacou do you usually stay when you go home?
lol if I remember... I stay in town right by where the dock is. My uncles run a shop right dere. My family on both sides have houses lower down past the airport but again no one of my age group is there so I end up juss chillin out going to Club 2000 and tiefin a whine..

bebespice

Hot, sweet and spicy.
PhatJamz kiDD said:
lol if I remember... I stay in town right by where the dock is. My uncles run a shop right dere. My family on both sides have houses lower down past the airport but again no one of my age group is there so I end up juss chillin out going to Club 2000 and tiefin a whine..
That club is no more. People refuse to go there because they say the owner is intyo men and you know how we kayaks funny, so it's close