In your effort to eat healthier.....

Nica

SAINTSational
What sort of practices have you adopted?
What kind of foods have you picked up and or eliminated?

As for me, I've stopped eating white bread. I'm slowly getting into whole wheat pasta. I try to eat fish at least once a week. I eat more vegetables and I'm loving oatmeal now. I'm also drinking more teas.

I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I don't feel like it but I am making an effort to be disciplined.

Rummy

Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic
I don't eat rice but maybe once every other week (brown rice at that).

No salad dressings (which actually I never liked em, so that is easy).

I drink green tea almost every day.

I watch my sodium intake.

I keep breads to a minimum, and use whole grain ones (wheat if not avail).

Oh...love oatmeal, adding flaxseed to it.

Rummy

Oh...as far as exercise, I've started back running (about a month now). 5 mile walk/runs(usually walk 3, run2), 4 times a week. If I'm too tired, I just walk the whole 5, but I force myself to run some of it on those days.

Sweet Flo

Sweeter Sauce
Since October, I cut out as much sweets/sugary things as possible ... try to do a 30 min run 3 times a week, but that ain always work ... cut out white bread ... eat much less rice/pasta ... drink about 3L of water a day ... tryin not to eat after 7pm ... eat much more fruit/veg ... think that's about it ...

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
No bread

No rice

no white sugar

rarely use milk unless it's skimmed

i keep liquor to a minimum..once a week and i stick to wines

no sweets...well mints for when i need a lil sugar or when i have aunt flow around and then all bets are off :lol

i drink lots of green tea..cut back on coffee

no sodas

i drink A LOT of water

fruits and veggies as snacks

5 small meals a day

and i walk every day with ab workouts at night and aerobics twice a week

i stop eating at 6:30

What sort of practices have you adopted?
What kind of foods have you picked up and or eliminated?

As for me, I've stopped eating white bread. I'm slowly getting into whole wheat pasta. I try to eat fish at least once a week. I eat more vegetables and I'm loving oatmeal now. I'm also drinking more teas.

I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I don't feel like it but I am making an effort to be disciplined.

The most important thing to do is add serious vegetable portions and high powered workout and keep the protein intake up, eliminate large starch portions, agua, agua agua

Nica

SAINTSational
I have a serious problem when it comes to drinking water. I buy water by the gallons and it just seem to stay in the fridge. I can't be bothered with pouring a glass. I think I'll have to buy the cases of 16 oz bottles. I think I would drink more if I got it like that since it's more convenient; I can drink straight from the bottle.

I don't like sweets so that is not an issue for me although sometimes I have to because my blood sugar goes low and I get dizzy. I drink 2% milk and I use brown sugar in my teas.

I have a serious problem when it comes to drinking water. I buy water by the gallons and it just seem to stay in the fridge. I can't be bothered with pouring a glass. I think I'll have to buy the cases of 16 oz bottles. I think I would drink more if I got it like that since it's more convenient; I can drink straight from the bottle.

I don't like sweets so that is not an issue for me although sometimes I have to because my blood sugar goes low and I get dizzy. I drink 2% milk and I use brown sugar in my teas.
well use some cranberry juice, I not saying it replaces it but use some if u don't drink enough water then

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I'm cutting down on my sugar intake (Splenda, Sugar-free if possible)
I try to walk as much as I can
Increasing my water intake
trying not to eat after 8
increasing my sleep intake
eating breakfast in the morning (pb &j on wheat bread, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, or egg white burrito)
taking a mutli-vitamin
lactose intolerant so soy milk is my friend

L O S T
I have a supliment shake in the morning with a banana

I eat once a day(lunch)

in adition

I dont eat
cows milk
meat(other than seafood)
rice
much cooked food
bread
pasta
ice cream
many artificial foods

I DO eat
soy
sushi
grains
nuts
cereals
raw foods

cooked food
beans
veggies
fruits

Dont
Drink alcohol
artificial juice
fructose corn syrup...

mostly
drink
water
orange cranberry grape and apple juice

thank you rastafarians

Last edited:

Deacon

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!
For all of you who say that you don't eat rice anymore, have you considered trying different kinds of rice? I look at oriental people and rarely do you see a large one, yet they eat plenty rice.

Dancer

Closet Exhibitionist

It is more convenient to get the case of 16OZ bottles of water. You will find yourself drinking more and it will become a part of your everyday routine to grab a bottle on your way out everyday...

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
I'm cutting down on my sugar intake (Splenda, Sugar-free if possible)
I try to walk as much as I can
Increasing my water intake
trying not to eat after 8
increasing my sleep intake
eating breakfast in the morning (pb &j on wheat bread, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, or egg white burrito)
taking a mutli-vitamin
lactose intolerant so soy milk is my friend
most sweetners contain aspartame...better to use brown or pure cane sugar...aspartame will fcuk u up

Jinjer

Will work for Sushi
For all of you who say that you don't eat rice anymore, have you considered trying different kinds of rice? I look at oriental people and rarely do you see a large one, yet they eat plenty rice.
brown rice occassionally...but apart from that i don't miss it

my lunch consists of lots of steamed or grilled veggies with salad and some form of protein...grilled or baked

L O S T
there are different factors for this

Rummy

I always thought brown rice was healthy and I notice a lot of ppl say they cut out rice.

Is it strictly because its fattening?
Brown rice is good for u...I just choose to not eat it often since it not something I crave.