Ilandfntsy

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
Hi lady i eh go trouble yuh cuz I know yuh gettin ready fuh your big nitght...I get de pulourie recipe...hope it's a good one...how ya make de sauce though...I want to get a start...P.S...How long ah have to soak de split peas?

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
1trini-gyal said:
Hi lady i eh go trouble yuh cuz I know yuh gettin ready fuh your big nitght...I get de pulourie recipe...hope it's a good one...how ya make de sauce though...I want to get a start...P.S...How long ah have to soak de split peas?
I cheat and use split peas powder...so I can't even answer that...

The sauce depends...I usually have tamarind in the fridge and just start throwing pepper and brown sugar and spices in it....lawd I horrible at directions...

Let me see if I can find an actual recipe...or

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

ILanDFnTsY said:

The sauce depends...I usually have tamarind in the fridge and just start throwing pepper and brown sugar and spices in it....lawd I horrible at directions...

fresh tamarind? or tamrind balls?...ah hope yuh find something...well ah soakin de peas now...and I eh have know patience so I sure I grindin it up just now...

P

Pebbles362436

1trini-gyal said:
:eek: You have pulourie recipe and you not sharing:mad

Why allyuh imix people so selfish:rolleyes: :p

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude

Pebbles362436 said:
:eek: You have pulourie recipe and you not sharing:mad

Why allyuh imix people so selfish:rolleyes: :p
Never dat...I always sharin...dis is what I found so I tryin meh hand...no boat ride to go to so I might as well...Ilandfntsy stickin with de sauce recipe...though

Phulouri
Ingredients:
1 lb split peas
2 teaspoons salt
1 clove garlic
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon curry
water
oil for deep frying
Method:
Wash and soak split peas. Dry and grind with garlic and onion to make dhal flour or puree in an electric blender. Mix flour, salt and curry and enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly. Shape into balls and fry in smoking oil, using deep fryer or sauce pan. (370 F). Fry until brown all over. Drain and serve hot, each stuck with a toothpick. Makes about 24.

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude

ILanDFnTsY said:

Alright, my impatient behind finally found one just now...any suggestions or comments?

TAMARIND CHUTNEY

Ingredients:
3 tbls. dried tamarind pulp
1 cup hot water
1 tsp. salt
2 tsps. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground fennel
2 tsps. finely grated fresh garlic
1 piece of congo pepper
Method:
1. Put the tamarind pulp in a bowl and add hot water.

2. Soak until the pulp and water becomes cool.

3. Drain pulp from the liquid, squeezing all of the liquid from the pulp.

4. Add salt, sugar and all other ingredients to the drained tamarind liquid.

P

Pebbles362436

Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

1trini-gyal said:
Never dat...I always sharin...dis is what I found so I tryin meh hand...no boat ride to go to so I might as well...Ilandfntsy stickin with de sauce recipe...though

Phulouri
Ingredients:
1 lb split peas
2 teaspoons salt
1 clove garlic
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon curry
water
oil for deep frying
Method:
Wash and soak split peas. Dry and grind with garlic and onion to make dhal flour or puree in an electric blender. Mix flour, salt and curry and enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly. Shape into balls and fry in smoking oil, using deep fryer or sauce pan. (370 F). Fry until brown all over. Drain and serve hot, each stuck with a toothpick. Makes about 24.
Thanks gyal I'll go shopping for the tamarind/sauce this weekend bcuz I can't eat phulouri without sauce. Fantasy you have the recipe for doubles and buss up shot as well :confused
Ah hope BnS don't see this post bcuz he might want me to cook for him.:rolleyes:

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Pebbles362436 said:
Thanks gyal I'll go shopping for the tamarind/sauce this weekend bcuz I can't eat phulouri without sauce. Fantasy you have the recipe for doubles and buss up shot as well :confused
Ah hope BnS don't see this post bcuz he might want me to cook for him.:rolleyes:
Ah post a doubles recipe in de cookin club...de sauce ting stickin meh right now...cuz I want de ting 2nite and I just now found a tamarind sauce recipe...and I eh have no dried tamarind:mad

P

Pebbles362436

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

1trini-gyal said:
Ah post a doubles recipe in de cookin club...de sauce ting stickin meh right now...cuz I want de ting 2nite and I just now found a tamarind sauce recipe...and I eh have no dried tamarind:mad
They have a cooking club in the mix:confused
Gyal I don't want nobody to know/think I could cook bcuz then they will expect me to feed them whenever I see them :O I tell everyone I failed Home Economics with flying colors and I'm very proud. :fairy

zenzele1

Island Soul's PD
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Pebbles362436 said:
Gyal I don't want nobody to know/think I could cook bcuz then they will expect me to feed them whenever I see them :O I tell everyone I failed Home Economics with flying colors and I'm very proud. :fairy

Too late. I comin for dinner.:lol :lol

P

Pebbles362436

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

zenzele1 said:
Too late. I comin for dinner.:lol :lol
See what I'm talking about. :O Well don't say ah didn't warn yuh that you can always try my cooking at your own risk.:p That statement normally works with everyone or I'll just make a really bad dish for the imix meet and greet and I'll never get ask to cook again for anyone :p :fairy :)

zenzele1

Island Soul's PD
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Pebbles362436 said:
See what I'm talking about. :O Well don't say ah didn't warn yuh that you can always try my cooking at your own risk.:p That statement normally works with everyone or I'll just make a really bad dish for the imix meet and greet and I'll never get ask to cook again for anyone :p :fairy :)
We Imixers we have strong constitution.:lol :lol

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Pebbles362436 said:
He he...ah know what yuh mean...check strictly fod boooks and movies or something so...if yuh cyah find it, link me on msn...and let me know how yuh "taste test" turn out...