How to spot a wannabe or fake West Indian

usually the kids of west indian parents or people who grew up around WI in US, Canada and UK

they spell Bajan like this "basian"!

they think jerk chicken is a common staple in every island

they greet you with the "wha gwan" dont matter which island you are from.

they think they cool and know a lot of caribbean music cuz they know sean paul, shaggy, "turn me on"

they refer to caribbean people as "caribbeans"

they too quick to tell Guyanese that they are not part of the WI.

they pronounce roti as "rodi"

they eat roti with utensils!

they go to labor day every year draped with a big flag on dey back, sometimes different flags like how come you from 5 islands?

they think dey experts on carnival because their friend went to trini or bim for carnival.

they think dey some jamaican gangsta cuz they watch shottas

suddenly dey a soca jumbie because they know the words to "its carnival" or "palance"

they dont know who lady saw or tanya stephens is

dem act as if Rihanna is the goddess of the Caribbean

u will find dem willy bouncing or daggering to soca

i will come up with a few more soon but be sure to pitch in

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
They think st Lucia is part of U.S. Virgin Islands
They think all the Saints are part of the u.s. Virgin Islands... I mean I was born up here myself but I've heard it all.. from West Indians being referred to caribbeans to roti being called roti...

Side note... since gentrification come to Brooklyn I love hearing white people order "rodi"... lol

They think all the Saints are part of the u.s. Virgin Islands... I mean I was born up here myself but I've heard it all.. from West Indians being referred to caribbeans to roti being called roti...

Side note... since gentrification come to Brooklyn I love hearing white people order "rodi"... lol
i hate when people say rodi! i also hate to hear them say TRINIDAD & TOE-BAG-O

like wtf lol

SKBai1991

Lol well maybe if aryou did raise yuh pickney wid culture dem neva woulda turn out so...is the generation before dem weh mek dem ent it.

This whole thread just highlights everything wrong with Caribbean people. Raise your kids with a knowledge, understanding and appreciation for their culture and this sh!t wouldn't happen.