How come..................

D

DJ Trixx

How come since the first time I have heard of this site (must have been in 98) that the majority of people would rather talk trash in Backchat than deal with some real hard hitting and intellectual issues that happen on this site..

If you really study the trend on this site...If you look at the posts in Real talk, or even soca chat, responses to posts and even the number of posts themselves is a mere fraction of what goes on in this room....

If the users of this site are representational of the Caribbean community (especially the educated Caribbean community), why is it that people are avoiding these rooms all together...

Just want some feedback..I am not talking bad about IMIx or anyone on it.

bkhoney

My Heart
For me personally, IslandMix is a stress reliever. Something to keep a smile on my face and entertainment.....my Job is serious enough that i don't feel the need to come on here and be serious or look for seriousness as well..........although sometimes I do discuss serious issues when I feel the need to or have a strong opinion about something.

D

DJ Trixx

bkhoney said:
For me personally, IslandMix is a stress reliever. Something to keep a smile on my face and entertainment.....my Job is serious enough that i don't feel the need to come on here and be serious or look for seriousness as well..........although sometimes I do discuss serious issues when I feel the need to or have a strong opinion about something.

I can understand the stress relief...But I thought the theme behind Imix was a open exchange of ideas related to the Caribbean community....

When I first came on Imix, I hated it..To me it was a place for people to bad talk one another and spread rumors on other people (especially on me)

Now that I visited the site again, it has matured, and so have the users.....But I still feel like this site is a perfect forum for us dealing with our issues and to obtain info... In the majority (in my opinion) this site isn't being used that way at all.

QueenBea

Mrs. Cimo 2
I've wondered the same thing myself, personally I try to visit most of the forums and post if I have something to say, but like bkhoney said Imix is a great stress reliever and if you need to laugh or vent the backchat forum is the place to do it.

bkhoney

My Heart
deejaytrixx said:
I can understand the stress relief...But I thought the theme behind Imix was a open exchange of ideas related to the Caribbean community....

When I first came on Imix, I hated it..To me it was a place for people to bad talk one another and spread rumors on other people (especially on me)

Now that I visited the site again, it has matured, and so have the users.....But I still feel like this site is a perfect forum for us dealing with our issues and to obtain info... In the majority (in my opinion) this site isn't being used that way at all.
that just proves the saying "to each his own" is so very true

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
deejaytrixx said:

Nah I dont think its that serious a tal. Like Bk mentioned Imix should be a place where anything can happen. If you need stress relieved, entertainment, a forum for politics, religion, food or what have you, there should be open avenues for personal expression.. I think what makes IMix different from the rest is that they have tried over time and as things change to address the needs of the population.. Most sites arent that in depth and you can see that by their forum selections..

Sure I would love to have a reggae section in there just as any few people would love to have an all out activist forum where we can tackle issues and resolve them.. Who knows what may pass in the future but I say enjoy it for what it is now. An oppurtunity like no other to speak to your peers..

A

amprincess

bkhoney said:
agree 100%
my life is serious enough, I need some levity ;)

D

DJ Trixx

PhatJamz kiDD said:
An oppurtunity like no other to speak to your peers..

Yeah, but to talk about what. don't get me wrong, I like Backchat....when my brain hurting from too much work, I like to come on here and talk trash or post something...

But I also like to talk about topics that affect us.....And when I go in the other forums, there isn't many people to exchange ideas nor words with...but I guess you guys are right...All the other forums are there for the minority of people.

Popularity contest I tell you..but no scenes.

Trinibaje

IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL
is a free country people can talk about what they like... its good that you want to contribute to serious issues, so keep the real talk alive....

i fight and debate for a living... talking shite is my pasttime:rolleyes:

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
Trinibaje said:
i fight and debate for a living... talking shite is my pasttime:rolleyes:
The good thing about the English language is that this whole sentence can be REVERSED and still keep its original meaning.. :O :kicks :duck

Happy B-day dahlin :fairy

Trinibaje

IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL
PhatJamz kiDD said:
The good thing about the English language is that this whole sentence can be REVERSED and still keep its original meaning.. :O :kicks :duck

Happy B-day dahlin :fairy

stupes........ is nana birthday not mine....

Cimo 2

KingBea...
deejaytrixx said:
How come since the first time I have heard of this site (must have been in 98) that the majority of people would rather talk trash in Backchat than deal with some real hard hitting and intellectual issues that happen on this site..

If you really study the trend on this site...If you look at the posts in Real talk, or even soca chat, responses to posts and even the number of posts themselves is a mere fraction of what goes on in this room....

If the users of this site are representational of the Caribbean community (especially the educated Caribbean community), why is it that people are avoiding these rooms all together...

Cause I want too... mind yah biznezz.....

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
I think that part of it may be that since many members are posting from their place of work, it's a lot easier to make short quick comments to light humour...than to go into in depth debate and discussion.

Hence the reason I suggested we have a live forum.

D

DJ Trixx

Re: Re: How come..................

Cimo 2 said:
Cause I want too... mind yah biznezz.....

If u didn't want ur business to be known, u shouldn't have responded to the post.:fyah

D

DJ Trixx

ILanDFnTsY said:
I think that part of it may be that since many members are posting from their place of work, it's a lot easier to make short quick comments to light humour...than to go into in depth debate and discussion.

Hence the reason I suggested we have a live forum.

I saw the post about the live forum...And a hell of a lot of people responded...Lets see if it happens, how many people actually take part.

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
deejaytrixx said:

...black folks rather grin and show dey teeth..dat and talk about all types ah "skin up" position and "why men cheat"....and.....

D

DJ Trixx

Re: Re: How come..................

Bake 'N Shark said:
...black folks rather grin and show dey teeth..dat and talk about all types ah "skin up" position and "why men cheat"....and.....

Couldn't have said it better myself...But hear what....allyuh continue.