hey, I wanna speak to yall for a minute

Essiquibo

You worserer than I
a friend of mine...well, someone i'd chat online with every now and again, from another forum commited suicide on monday.

i was here at work, and i click and see that she took her own life

she was an excellent poet and a cool person to talk to. seemed like everything was always going good for her. it came as a surprise to many and her really close friends knew that she'd had some issues in the past, but thought she was over them

i dont know where im going with this and right now im a little numb.
i guess i wanna reach out to those that feel alone right now. because you have to feel pretty lonely to take your own life. lonely and angry. she was married and had a good, spiritual family !

embrace your sadness. dont try to conceal it or tuck it away. let it out, talk about it, cry, punch something.

or come talk to me. i crack muncho jokes but i've been around and through some shit. lets learn to love imix.

E

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
WOW. :( sorry to hear about your friend. It's so sad that so many of us feel to hide it instead of expressing our hurt.

I'd like to add that there is NO SHAME in seeking therapy. NONE, it's far better to seek out someone, professional or otherwise to help you get through your problem then going it alone. Peace.

Fiyah

a friend of mine...well, someone i'd chat online with every now and again, from another forum commited suicide on monday.

she was an excellent poet and a cool person to talk to. seemed like everything was always going good for her. it came as a surprise to many and her really close friends knew that she'd had some issues in the past, but thought she was over them

i guess i wanna reach out to those that feel alone right now. because you have to feel pretty lonely to take your own life. lonely and angry. she was married and had a good, spiritual family !

embrace your sadness. dont try to conceal it or tuck it away. let it out, talk about it, cry, punch something.

or come talk to me. i crack muncho jokes but i've been around and through some shit. lets learn to love imix.

E
Wow sad. I hate saying it... especially since I have never been in the position to even feel close to taking my own life... but I can't help but feel that someone who commits suicide is being selfish. What about the people who care for her? You said she was married with a family... ah mean she may have ended her pain and suffering but she just started a world of pain and suffering for her loved ones.

Anyways... I pray for her soul and her family.

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
Wow....

Hate to hear stuff like that. I never had any friends or associates that were suicidal (to my knowledge).

Where did she live? NYC??

Nica

SAINTSational

E
that's sad.......I sometimes wonder what goes through people's minds just before they take their own life

Essiquibo

You worserer than I
WOW. :( sorry to hear about your friend. It's so sad that so many of us feel to hide it instead of expressing our hurt.

I'd like to add that there is NO SHAME in seeking therapy. NONE, it's far better to seek out someone, professional or otherwise to help you get through your problem then going it alone. Peace.
yes. get professional help for sure. but even if you're not sure about that, at least reach out to your family, friends, even people on here.

Essiquibo

You worserer than I
Wow sad. I hate saying it... especially since I have never been in the position to even feel close to taking my own life... but I can't help but feel that someone who commits suicide is being selfish. What about the people who care for her? You said she was married with a family... ah mean she may have ended her pain and suffering but she just started a world of pain and suffering for her loved ones.

at first i felt kinda defeated because i cant even go tell her one of my dry jokes. she permanently shut the door on me/us. but, it was her sadness and she knew how much she could take. it'd be selfish of me not to try and understand that.

Essiquibo

You worserer than I
Wow....

Hate to hear stuff like that. I never had any friends or associates that were suicidal (to my knowledge).

Where did she live? NYC??
exactly, people can conceal things so well i tell ya.

itd say, "hey mama, hows it hanging"

shed say, "well, a gal is trying".which is a clique response. never knew it really meant something. she lived in georgia

cOcKbAcKnRoLL

dE dAmN tInG sElf!
damn...that is so sad...it's tuff, we all go through alot - some more than others and at times it's hard to keep your head above water...one thing i've learned is to embrace my spiritual side to get me thru life's obstacles and i've also learned to drop the tuff tony act and go to therapy...as much as ppl may look down on others for taking this step, it can sometimes be the one thing standing between you taking your life and trying to find a solution to your problem (s)...

CQ

sexy thang
:( awwww

her husband gotta be feelin some kinda way knowin he couldnt help her (providing she confide in him):(

Essiquibo

You worserer than I
damn...that is so sad...it's tuff, we all go through alot - some more than others and at times it's hard to keep your head above water...one thing i've learned is to embrace my spiritual side to get me thru life's obstacles and i've also learned to drop the tuff tony act and go to therapy...as much as ppl may look down on others for taking this step, it can sometimes be the one thing standing between you taking your life and trying to find a solution to your problem (s)...
see me...i talk about everything. heck, even on these boards.what does it benefit me if im hurting but people thing im always alright? i think many feel afraid to seem vulnerable. its not about being down, its about how u gonna get up from that state of defeat

i need a drink.

GoldnHoney

Swappilicious...
very sorry to hear the news, its always good to talk about the problems to a loved one or a very good friend...

keeping negative stuff within is a terrible thing to do because you really dont know how to react to that situation, especially when you're alone....

the best solution is to give your worries and problems to God, He knows how to solve it better than us and He always sends special people in our lives to help us no matter what...

Bless...

Ms. Hershey

another day...
wow, that's so sad. :( i'm always wondering what goes through the minds of people who commit suicide. the pain must be overwhelming.

seriously folks, talking to someone about your emotions is key. there's nothing at all wrong with it and there are people who care for you more than you know.

cOcKbAcKnRoLL

dE dAmN tInG sElf!
see me...i talk about everything. heck, even on these boards.what does it benefit me if im hurting but people thing im always alright? i think many feel afraid to seem vulnerable. its not about being down, its about how u gonna get up from that state of defeat

i need a drink.

and that is major point...esp. in our community 'cause we feed into the stereotype that only white people need therapy or talk about their emotions...there's nothing wrong with being vulnerable at times, the strongest person can feel weak but as u said, it's how u defeat that feeling...

take care essi...i kno this is a tuff situation to deal with...

Zengetsu

EnLiGhTeNeD 1

i agree with you 100% been there b4 (not myself) and that's the exact thing i said to that person

Short_Thing

BANNED
this is so sad, depression is a hell of a thing
i deal w/ my depression by eating like a pig
but never wanted to in any way to take my
own life although i felt like it on occasions

soca junkie

strength, courage, wisdom
wow essi...situations like that are always a reality check...

I just found out my friends' brother committed suicide..no note, no clue as to why.....its painful for friends/fam left wondering why. but the pain he and you friend must have been feelin to do that is unimaginable.

i always try to remember 'this too shall pass'....a few years ago, when things were the hardest for me, i tried my best to remember that....its so sad that not everyone thinks its worth it to keep fighting....like others have already said...counseling, yuh fam, lean on yuh friends, hell, even food...whatever it takes to get you through....do it...cause as bad as you may think things are, there's always tomorrow....