GROUND ZERO/MEMORIAL OR TOURIST ATTRACTION

PRESS AH BUTTON

RE THE TRAGEDY OF 9.11.01,FOR THOSE OF US WHO FOLLOW IT..
-HOW DO U FEEL ABOUT THEM GIVING OUT TICKETS FOR PEOPLE TO VIEW?
-SHOULD IT BE A MEMORIAL OF SHOULD THEY REBUILD?
-SHOULD VENDORS BE ALLOWED TO SELL T-SHIRTS AND HATS THERE?

FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY THOUGHT YOU MIGHT HAVE..

A

amprincess

Well I have really strong opinions about this since I was caught up in that madness on 9/11. I've been working in the Wall St area since I'm 18 years old. I feel that it has turned into a tourist attraction & it shouldn't be. This is a business district, the people that work here & live here find it very annoying & disturbing to have tourists wandering around taking pictures. They are getting in everyone's way. I just don't understand why someone would want a picture of a hole in our skyline or a picture of mass destruction???? I think they should definitely build a memorial. I don't like the idea of rebuilding offices there again. I think that's disrespectful to all the people that lost their lives there. But of course they'll rebuild, they would never leave all that space for a memorial, there's too much money to be made renting office spaces. And 9/11 should definitely be made into a national holiday.

cornell

I certainly agree with you girl. They should make it a huge memorial in remembrance.

I don't know if any or allyuh did know, but in the 1800's the world trade center was the site of a HUGE slave cemetary (unmarked graves of course.) When they were laying the world trade center foundation, they came across the remains of hundreds of bodies. Yuh know what AMERICA do? Take out the remains that was in the way and they build the dam building. Now it fall down and buried more bodies with it. My aunt went to a sermon after 9-11 and the preacher told the congregation these facts.

I think it is distrubing and sadening to find this out... But it is like a lesson to some. Amercia, yuh can't fuhget the Black Hands that build yuh and feed yuh....

:-(

D' WISE ONE

Ananci_7

I must say I like the angle you took Cornell; that aspect of the US's history is all too often glossed over.

I will go even further to say that the memorial -and I think that it should be a memorial - should serve as some form of educating those who visit, the roots of such a tragedy.

Of course I am just engaging in wishful thinking here because judging by what I have researched on this issue, the US Gov't has not exactly come clean to the nation why such a retaliatory act -for that is what it was - occured in the first place.

Be that as it may, I hope that in the long run good sense finally prevails.

LONDON GYAL

I think there must be a memorial of some sort. I heard of an idea which I think is really special; to build a park full of trees and life to remember those who lost their lives. Maybe they will build more offices but I hope not! That would be really disrespectful to those who were lost.

Peace

goose

Vincy sweet, sweet fuh so
x(

I was in New York over the holidays and I paid a little visit to "Ground Zero" before they opened up the ramp, man was I upset to see that people were selling T-shirts and Hats. I don't think that anyone should be profiting from such a tragedy, hey if they were selling in order to donate the funds to a charity that will help out family of the victims I would have no problem against it. But for personal profit I find that disgusting.

Now about the tickets well if it's to control the crowd of people that are visiting sure why not, I see no problem with that as long as there is no personal profit coming out of it.

I personally feel that they should rebuild and make sure that there is a memeorial in the area for all those that lost their lives. Rebuilding was be better than just leaving the area as a memorial, they need to show the terrorist that we will go on doind what we do best.