Does anyone notice the disturbing similarities between some Jamaicans and Nigerians?

Jaymaca

....at least in the UK. Im mainly talking about the Yoruba group in Nigeria.

Jamaicans are Loud. Nigerians are loud.

Some Jamaicans bleach. Some Nigerians bleach.

Some Jamaicans think they are the Caribbean. Some Nigerians think they are Africa.

Jamaicans dont like Nigerians. Nigerians cant bloody stand the Jamaicans.

Jamaicans are the biggest anglophone Caribbean group in the UK. Nigerians are the biggest West African group in the UK.

Nigerian men have some predilection for Jamaican women.

The two groups seem to clash all the time.

Ironically the Jamaicans of African descent are not really known to have Yoruba ancestry unlike the Brazillians and Cubans. Instead, Jamaicans have Nigerian igbo ancestry and ancestry from Ghana (mainly Akan, Ashanti etc).

some one told me that they Nigerian group in UK are more powerful than the Jamaican over there
Jamaicans are the AA's of the U.K, they are not really liked over there and make up the pop. of most of the ghettos...from what I have heard...I know this UK born Nigerian friend who disliked all Caribbean people bcuz of his experience with Jamaicans and would constantly refer to all Caribbean people as Yardies, even when trying to identify the differences, he would say we are all dirty Jamaicans and he does not care.

Jaymaca

some one told me that they Nigerian group in UK are more powerful than the Jamaican over there
Hope you werent standng too close to that "someone" because that someone was talking shit. In essence, no black group is "Powerful" in the UK but Jamaicans have much more clout than the Nigerians in the UK. Some Nigerians are business-minded and academically-driven but they usually obeah their way into it. :D

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
"disturbing similarities" ? A lot of the stuff you've listed can be attributed to plenty of other black countries.

Missmayling

Jamaicans are the AA's of the U.K, they are not really liked over there and make up the pop. of most of the ghettos...from what I have heard...I know this UK born Nigerian friend who disliked all Caribbean people bcuz of his experience with Jamaicans and would constantly refer to all Caribbean people as Yardies, even when trying to identify the differences, he would say we are all dirty Jamaicans and he does not care.
have you ever been to the Uk???

I agree with Jaymaca, many people associate all Africans with some of the bad ways of Nigerians and the same with Caribbean people and Jamaicans.

Jaymaca

I beg to differ,

Jamaicans are loved over here, whether its through the food, music, men, women. Nigerians are not "loved" they are tolerated.

Some Indian man dont like Caribbean people because he had a bad experience we Jamaicans. It seems Jamaicans ARE the Caribbean after all. :rofl:

I beg to differ,

Jamaicans are loved over here, whether its through the food, music, men, women. Nigerians are not "loved" they are tolerated.

Some Indian man dont like Caribbean people because he had a bad experience we Jamaicans. It seems Jamaicans ARE the Caribbean after all. :rofl:
Jamaicans are increasingly becoming a marginal group in the U.K and their numbers are dwindling...they are not as respected in the U.K as before, even more so as fewer REAL Jamaicans from the island are migrating there, the U.K Jamaicans ala Jaymaca just do not have the real culture anymore.

The NIgerians are coming in greater numbers and they look down on the Jamaicans.

Missmayling

I agree with Jaymaca, many people associate all Africans with some of the bad ways of Nigerians and the same with Caribbean people and Jamaicans.
Well, you are the product of your environment. The Nigerians here are very educated and represent a disproportion segment of the middle class and Professional blacks like the Jamaicans. The US cannot only take from the top, so I guess you are doomed to assocaite with the bottom of these societies. Know your place.

Missmayling

Jamaicans are increasingly becoming a marginal group in the U.K and their numbers are dwindling...they are not as respected in the U.K as before, even more so as fewer REAL Jamaicans from the island are migrating there, the U.K Jamaicans ala Jaymaca just do not have the real culture anymore.

The NIgerians are coming in greater numbers and they look down on the Jamaicans.
I taught most of those Nigerians were Illegals.