Do You Lend Money To Friends?

PhuCk Yu MoN

领导失
I had a best-friend aged 20. We've been friends for about 7 years. She's not working at the time and down on her luck. I had no problem with lending her money, (she eventually did pay me back and put it to good use) but what irked me after a while she started using the money on her boyfriend who used it on his friends; instead of spending it on tuition or transport. (Her boyfriend doesn't work or go to school and he's 22). Then one night she made a comment about "I need more friends, I need people who can do me favors" Then she started lending her boyfriend her money to go to school, so he could go to the bar, while she stayed home and called me to complain that her boyfriend borrowed money, so she couldn't go to school... :kicks ... I don't mean to laugh, but damn...

Even though she owes $$$, it's not worth the hassle or the friendship. I'm cutting her off and calling that George. I've learned my lesson.

So, any of you had that problem before. Do you lend money to friends?

Rummy

Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic
I don't lend...I have given on occasion. They never asked either though. It was just something I felt would be beneficial to their situation. They felt bad, but were appreciative & did what they could to repay me even though I didn't expect it in the least.

carib_xtc

XTC Inc.
wellI dont lend money to friends... I give money to family memebers but nothing that I would expect back... u right for cutting her off let her stand on her own 2 feet

PhuCk Yu MoN

领导失
I don't lend...I have given on occasion. They never asked either though. It was just something I felt would be beneficial to their situation. They felt bad, but were appreciative & did what they could to repay me even though I didn't expect it in the least.
Maybe I should tell her to pm you...lol..but that's extremely nice of you.

wellI dont lend money to friends... I give money to family memebers but nothing that I would expect back... u right for cutting her off let her stand on her own 2 feet
Yeah, it's about time.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
iI am confused

u talking about the same friend

she paid u back and put it to good use...wouldnt that suggest that she learned something and stopped giivng the bf money and instead used it for her to go to school?

Val3nie2debone

~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~
shoot i could hardly lend my mother i would lend a friend. Thanks but no thanks. Doh mean to sound bad eh, lol....but some things u doh mix and friend and money tops the list.

trinidarkie

I would lend to my friends but these are my true friends and I know that once they're in need and I am in a position to help I will. Seems that it may not have been as strong a friendship if you can end it eventhough she has always paid you back in the past.

My grandmother also said that when you give ppl money you can't expect to tell them how to spend it so if she used it on food or to buy a new car for a man, you shouldn't stress yourself about it because you lent it to her in good faith and that is all that should matter to you. You already got your heaven points.

PhuCk Yu MoN

领导失
iI am confused

u talking about the same friend

she paid u back and put it to good use...wouldnt that suggest that she learned something and stopped giivng the bf money and instead used it for her to go to school?
No, hun the first few times I lent her she did, it's after a while she began "taking care" of him.

da_ice

not ur friend...
i have no problem lending money to my friends. once i have an i can afford to i will. with that said i have very few true true friends who have my back and who's back i have, they've lend me money in the past and i've lent them. i never look back for it, but always get it back.

PhuCk Yu MoN

领导失
shoot i could hardly lend my mother i would lend a friend. Thanks but no thanks. Doh mean to sound bad eh, lol....but some things u doh mix and friend and money tops the list.
:kicks @ bold.....but you aren't lying about that all......

I would lend to my friends but these are my true friends and I know that once they're in need and I am in a position to help I will. Seems that it may not have been as strong a friendship if you can end it eventhough she has always paid you back in the past.

My grandmother also said that when you give ppl money you can't expect to tell them how to spend it so if she used it on food or to buy a new car for a man, you shouldn't stress yourself about it because you lent it to her in good faith and that is all that should matter to you. You already got your heaven points.
Thanks for the input. Our friendship is like a rubberband, the more and more you stretch it, eventually it's going to give way.

It was never like I was telling her how to spend it. We were going to school together and she would tell me. She's backed on tuition or she needed books and I would lend her the money to pay it. Only to find out her boyfriend has new sneakers and cell phones and his friends belly full. While she's missing out.

It just sucked and I felt as if I was being played/getting used, but it's w/e now. She's free to find some fresh blood to suck on.

Ms. Hershey

another day...
i have no problem lending money to my friends. once i have an i can afford to i will. with that said i have very few true true friends who have my back and who's back i have, they've lend me money in the past and i've lent them. i never look back for it, but always get it back.
Bingo. :good:

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Give is spelled l-e-n-d. If a "friend" asks me to lend money and I have something to spare, I give them that something because I would hope they would do that for me if I was in their position.

L O S T
I would take it further

There are only about 4 or 5 people in the world period I would lend $$ to.

one is my friend
the rest are family members

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
i have one or two friends that i can lend money to unconditionally but other than that no i doh really lend money to friends...i've learned my lesson...

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
i have one close freind that i would lend money...

but i learn bout the rest...i had lend this one freind $300 and she took a really long time to repay it, what used to get me vex was that she would always talk about what shoes or clothes she bought this week or what party she goin while she still owed me the money....u have money to friggin galavant all over de place but u cant give me back my money..steups...