Do anybody has the 1979 album Sunshine and You by Charlie's Roots on CLO Records?

JPF2086

Do anybody has the 1979 album Sunshine and You by Charlie's Roots on CLO Records? The title track features Tambu as lead vocals on the track of "Sunshine and You". The record is rare and hard to find. It was arranged by Pelham Goddard. Robin Imamshah also took part in it as well. If anybody has it? Please feel free to let me know. I'm just anxious to hear that classic rare Soca track. In 1979, Tambu became a recruit lead vocalist. After the death of Maestro. Tambu originally joined Charlie's Roots in 1976 as a horn player. In 1980, David Rudder then on joined Charlie's Roots as a temporary replacement lead vocalist. While Tambu was recovering to gain his voice back. Because he sang throughout the season of Carnival 1979. He completely lost his voice. After a long exhausting tour in Guyana. But the critics and the band Charlie's Roots got so impressed with Rudder's voice. They decided to let him remain in the band. After when Tambu was able to sing again. Those 2 really helped each other out. I would really love to hear the 1983 Charlie's Roots track "The River". Tambu sang lead and David Rudder assisted by singing as background vocals. This is going to be a great post.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Do anybody has the 1979 album Sunshine and You by Charlie's Roots on CLO Records? The title track features Tambu as lead vocals on the track of "Sunshine and You". The record is rare and hard to find. It was arranged by Pelham Goddard. Robin Imamshah also took part in it as well. If anybody has it? Please feel free to let me know. I'm just anxious to hear that classic rare Soca track. In 1979, Tambu became a recruit lead vocalist. After the death of Maestro. Tambu originally joined Charlie's Roots in 1976 as a horn player. In 1980, David Rudder then on joined Charlie's Roots as a temporary replacement lead vocalist. While Tambu was recovering to gain his voice back. Because he sang throughout the season of Carnival 1979. He completely lost his voice. After a long exhausting tour in Guyana. But the critics and the band Charlie's Roots got so impressed with Rudder's voice. They decided to let him remain in the band. After when Tambu was able to sing again. Those 2 really helped each other out. I would really love to hear the 1983 Charlie's Roots track "The River". Tambu sang lead and David Rudder assisted by singing as background vocals. This is going to be a great post.
That is one of the few late 70's Soca albums that I don't have in my collection because it is so rare and hard to get hold of. But I think one of my Aunt's luckily living here in London may have it as I remember trying to get/buy it off her about 10+ years ago when I saw it at her house. She wouldn't let it go though as it was one of her favorite albums. She told me to try to get my own copy in Trinidad when I go down for Carnival but I had no luck in getting it in any of the record shops in T&T so gave up.

I think I will give her a visit and try again. At least I should be able to borrow it off her and convert it to mp3 and then give it back to her. Ten plus years ago I couldn’t do that. :drinks:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
That is one of the few late 70's Soca albums that I don't have in my collection because it is so rare and hard to get hold of. But I think one of my Aunt's luckily living here in London may have it as I remember trying to get/buy it off her about 10+ years ago when I saw it at her house. She wouldn't let it go though as it was one of her favorite albums. She told me to try to get my own copy in Trinidad when I go down for Carnival but I had no luck in getting it in any of the record shops in T&T so gave up.

I think I will give her a visit and try again. At least I should be able to borrow it off her and convert it to mp3 and then give it back to her. Ten plus years ago I couldn’t do that. :drinks:
ANANCI STORY IF THERE EVER WAS ONE, just like VINCY FRIENDS ANANCI STORY.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Seawall

If it was reggae, it would've been re-released on CD. They could even release it as a digital download only. This is what pisses me off about soca producers.

JPF2086

Thanks SocaPro, Good looking out! Talk to your aunt and see? If she'll let you borrow the Charlie's Roots record Sunshine and You on CLO. I got to hear it. Charlie's Roots is one of my favorite soca bands of all time.