dating sites for people with STD's

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
so yesterday my friend puts up a facebook status about dating sites for people with std's and i was kinda shocked by a few responses.....i think it's a brilliant idea and quite necessary in these times...but some people disagreed
here is the status:
Did you know about these dating sites for those with STDs? Stdmatch.net or
postivesingles.com
Everything is available for everyone.
and these are a few of the responses

I almost said that it was sick to create a website like that but on the other hand, I can understand it because people that are infected need someone who is going through it too to support them through it, especially if it is incurable, but its almost still too much to create a dating site for it. I know that their are support groups and etc. But wow. I really believe that if I was diagnoised with HIV or Aids the last thing Im thinking about is a date...but whatever. I guess a person has to keep living and staying mentally happy no matter the situation.
these are both replies from females....you would think that in this day and age with so many women being infected by down low brothers that women would be more for these types of things....

what do you guys think?

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
So, instead of dating someone that you both share a positive status these narrow minded folks want them to lock off all types of human feelings because they have a STD? Those people are immature and close minded. If they want love, let them spend that time with someone with a similar health status.

sad thing is a good porting of the people with stds, dont even know, smh

i dont see nothing wrong with groups/dating sites for people who wanna date..... might be easier to break the ice,

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
so yesterday my friend puts up a facebook status about dating sites for people with std's and i was kinda shocked by a few responses.....i think it's a brilliant idea and quite necessary in these times...but some people disagreed
here is the status:

and these are a few of the responses

these are both replies from females....you would think that in this day and age with so many women being infected by down low brothers that women would be more for these types of things....

what do you guys think?

Yay good for you ,now go wey and tend to yuh biz....

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
People with STDs need loving too. This sort of opens up a new way of viewing people with STDs. It also helps those who might be thinking of dating someone and deceiving them because they're too afraid to reveal their status.

Soca_Loving_Trini

Official Winin' criminal
Yes people with STD's need love however this is a dangerous situation which can cause further problems. Both parties wouldnt be helping each other get better and also it creates the possibility of new strains of STDs and viruses coming out which may be harder to cure/treat.... now think if one party cheated? A new version of AIDS?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well healthwise, this might not be good for people with HIV necessarily because even though you might both have HIV, you may have different strains of the virus and actually expose yourself to drug resistant strains and further compromise your health.. so its always something to think about

TC

Steuuuupssss!
It's a good idea.

And this business about creating super strains of whatever disease, I think that only has small relevance, people with STDs have knowledge about protected sex too.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Yes people with STD's need love however this is a dangerous situation which can cause further problems. Both parties wouldnt be helping each other get better and also it creates the possibility of new strains of STDs and viruses coming out which may be harder to cure/treat.... now think if one party cheated? A new version of AIDS?

Well put,,

~Urbane~

If a new strain of AIDS was to come out , gay men would have created it long time ago. They are gay men who purposely swap and exchange STDs (like AIDS) for the sole purpose of erotic gratification , hence the term "Bug chasers / catchers'.

So don't worry about some STD hook up dating site.

Bugchasing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bugchasing is a slang term for the practice of pursuing sexual intercourse with HIV-infected individuals in order to contract HIV. Individuals engaged in this activity are referred to as bugchasers. It is a form of self-harm.

Bugchasers seek sexual partners who are HIV positive for the purpose of having unprotected sex and becoming HIV positive; giftgivers are HIV positive individuals who comply with the bugchaser's efforts to become infected with HIV.

'Some researchers suggest that the behavior may stem from a "resistance to dominant heterosexual norms and mores" due to a defensive response by gay men to repudiate stigmatization and rejection by society'
Urban Dictionary
Urban Dictionary: Bug Catcher

An activity primarily used by (but not exclusive to) young homosexual men. The original aim was to intentionally contract the HIV virus by exposing oneself to a carrier, ensuring death one the virus took hold (many likened this to a form of suicide).

Some gay men, expose themselves to the virus if their partners have it in order to have sex without the need for protection and as a form of bonding.

However, some bug catchers enjoy 'collecting' STD's and will go out of their way to contract as many as possible. They usually enjoy telling people about thier diseases, are exhibitionist about them and see them as achivements. Some even cultivate or inflame the diseases, and do not seek medical attention in order to get disterbing symptoms or perminant disfiguration

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
just because people do it doesnt mean it is safe.. and that safe sex issue... most normal uninfected people sometimes play hard and loose.. but they don want to catch a life threatening disease.. peoople who already have a terminal illness may not even care because shit they gonna die anywhere.. two different mindsets,... and nobody said anything about creating new strains... getting exposed to a different strain from what you have may further compromise ur immmune system.. people die from the complications arising from HIV..

~Urbane~

just because people do it doesnt mean it is safe.. and that safe sex issue... most normal uninfected people sometimes play hard and loose.. but they don want to catch a life threatening disease.. peoople who already have a terminal illness may not even care because shit they gonna die anywhere.. two different mindsets,... and nobody said anything about creating new strains... getting exposed to a different strain from what you have may further compromise ur immmune system.. people die from the complications arising from HIV..

She did mention new strains. And I was just saying that the dating sites are the last thing anybody should worry about.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach

TC

Steuuuupssss!

Refer to the underlined thanks.

Soca_Loving_Trini

Official Winin' criminal

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
interesting. i don't see anything wrong w/ having those websites. i know ppl that found out that they had STDs and felt as though no one would ever wanna get involved w/ them b/c of it.

If a new strain of AIDS was to come out , gay men would have created it long time ago. They are gay men who purposely swap and exchange STDs (like AIDS) for the sole purpose of erotic gratification , hence the term "Bug chasers / catchers'.

So don't worry about some STD hook up dating site.

Bugchasing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urban Dictionary
Urban Dictionary: Bug Catcher
wow...this is the first time i'm hearing of these terms.

Galadriel77

Princess of Noldorin
I don't get it honestly.
If somone has STD, shouldn't they try to get treatment instead of risking a more devloped and incurbale strain; as may occur with intercourse with a partner also w/ std?

Or are these individuals on the site, ppl who have STDs that are incurable?

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
I don't get it honestly.
If somone has STD, shouldn't they try to get treatment instead of risking a more devloped and incurbale strain; as may occur with intercourse with a partner also w/ std?

Or are these individuals who have STDs that are incurable?
I didn't see that it said they aren't seeking treatment. Where did they say that?