Caribbean movies

P

Poca

does ur island make movies? Apart from Haitian movies, I've never seen or heard of other islands movies.

S

Spranga

1974 - TNT
Bim was one of Trinidad and Tobago's first feature films. It was written to be a West Indian answer to the Godfather. The film takes place in the 1950's, just prior to Trinidad and Tobago's independence from England in 1962. The film follows the violent life of a young man named Bim, who's life experiences wind through petty crime all the way to political office. The film explores the political life of Trinidad and Tobago, including the development towards independence, the process of British de-colonization, relations between African and Indian descendants, and the rise of labor unions. The film is quite violent and brutal, but the depictions of such seem necessary to the plot. Initially, the film was banned in Trinidad and Tobago. It is an extremely rare film, but worth locating if possible.

Men of Gray
The Panman
Obeah

Jamaica
Top Shottas
Harder they Come
Dancehall Queen

Mwen Fen

Banned
i never seen bim, want to see it though, but top shottas is me caribbean classic, i saw some st lucian videos though, not sure what it would considered, seemed to have comedy in it

S

Spranga

there are a bunch of other low budget films being made but they don't really get shipped or sold over here as popular as the african movies. i also saw some England yardie movies... kinda garbage tho

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
there are a bunch of other low budget films being made but they don't really get shipped or sold over here as popular as the african movies. i also saw some England yardie movies... kinda garbage tho
yeah actually a lot out there.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
I've never seen too many islands movies either. All I ever knew were Haitian and African movies. I think I saw a trailer for a Jamaican one here a while back though. You guys should post trailers.

Here's a trailer to a sequel of a popular Haitian film.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEuEkjm6SVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEuEkjm6SVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Oneshot

where de crix
recent stuff not too sure..
orchid house was produced in dominica, by the bbc

jamaica
- smile orange
- there is other movie.. is it called dread man or congo man something like dat

theunknownone

them have a movie they been showing clips of from Trini think its called borderline. but for about 3 or 2 years I hearing about it

dev

You guys are so late. THERE IS A CARIBBEAN FILM FESTIVAL WHICH TOOK PLACE IN BARBADOS, THIS YEAR AND THERE WERE A LOT OF MOVIES ON SHOWCASE. The reason we do not see or hear about these movies is because of lack of distribution.I have some o0f the movies on video and they are quite good.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
You guys are so late. THERE IS A CARIBBEAN FILM FESTIVAL WHICH TOOK PLACE IN BARBADOS, THIS YEAR AND THERE WERE A LOT OF MOVIES ON SHOWCASE. The reason we do not see or hear about these movies is because of lack of distribution.I have some o0f the movies on video and they are quite good.
Well duh, How are we going to be early if there is a lack of promotion & distribution? :confused Does this Film Festival have a website?

dev