can someone confirm... bomb scare in piarco?

Trinibaje

IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL
saw this on a pilot website

1/14/2005 12:21:29 PM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC - Two bomb threats have forced the suspension of operations at the Piarco International Airport on Monday affecting mainly domestic flights, the Airport Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT) said. (Regional) (Trinidad)
 

RUSTY CUTLASS

H.Y.M.C.C
steups further confirmation as to why my ass ain going to tnt carnival next year. I ain paying airfare to get blow up or kidnap :nea:
 

Trinibaje

IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL
RUSTY CUTLASS said:
steups further confirmation as to why my ass ain going to tnt carnival next year. I ain paying airfare to get blow up or kidnap :nea:

LOL.. trust me aint no body kidnapping no bajan... :shout:
 

limintrinibwoy

ah like chupidness
Trinibaje said:
saw this on a pilot website

1/14/2005 12:21:29 PM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC - Two bomb threats have forced the suspension of operations at the Piarco International Airport on Monday affecting mainly domestic flights, the Airport Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT) said. (Regional) (Trinidad)

watch di date....iz 1/14/05...dah gone long time...not 11/14/05
 

.

L O S T
Trinibaje said:
saw this on a pilot website

1/14/2005 12:21:29 PM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC - Two bomb threats have forced the suspension of operations at the Piarco International Airport on Monday affecting mainly domestic flights, the Airport Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT) said. (Regional) (Trinidad)
Why did you make the call ms trinirage :taunt:
 

limintrinibwoy

ah like chupidness
Hey...iz truth...i concede..........watch this article from the Guardian......... :boredom:

Photos: Karla Ramoo

BY ASHA JAVEED

Several Liat and Tobago Express flights were delayed yesterday, after an early-morning bomb threat at Piarco International Airport.

Passengers, who were supposed to depart on Liat’s 9.50 am flight to Grenada and a 10.10 am flight to Barbados, were stranded in the airport for two hours after the threat to the facility.

Merica John, a passenger on Liat’s flight to Barbados, said she had already checked in when she was asked to leave the airport.

Natasha McIntyre, a 27-year-old sales representative who had her 18-month-old daughter, Nanuola, with her, said she was supposed to leave on a Tobago Express flight at 11 am.

A release by the Airports Authority yesterday said during the period of disruption, 11 flights were affected—four domestic and seven regional.

The threat was made to the Airports Authority at around 9 am. Police said two phone calls were placed—one at 9.10 am and another at 9.15 am by a female voice.

All passengers, including staff at the airport and the ServisAir staff, were immediately vacated from the building, Airports Authority spokesman Ellen Adamson said.

A no-entry sign was placed at the airport’s entrance to prevent cars from entering the compound, while passengers and airport staff milled around about at the front of the airport.

Some staff members even walked with their chairs to sit out the period.

Police, including two sniffer dogs, Fire Service and the authority security carried about a sweep of the building, including all trash cans and garbage disposal units on the compound.

After two hours, the airport was given the all-clear to resume operations.

However, the airport security remained on high alert for any activity.

Adamson said the company was following routine procedure to ensure all passengers were safe. She declined to say how many threats the airport had received during the past year, but apologised for the inconvenience experienced by passengers and operators.

She noted that the incident caused mild service disruption as international flights were not affected by the incident.

Dionne Ligoure, BWIA’s corporate communications manager, said their international flights had already departed for the morning, so that service was not interrupted.

Ramesh Lutchmedial, director of the Civil Aviation Authority, said he was aware of the incident, but said the security forces had the situation under control.
 

QueenBea

Mrs. Cimo 2
Trinibaje said:
saw this on a pilot website

1/14/2005 12:21:29 PM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC - Two bomb threats have forced the suspension of operations at the Piarco International Airport on Monday affecting mainly domestic flights, the Airport Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT) said. (Regional) (Trinidad)

confirmed by the Trinidad Guardian

now tell me something...there was a bomb threat right? Wha de ass them ppl doing taking chairs to sit in front of the kissmeass building? What if an explosion happened now steups...lawd these ppl *smh*
 
Last edited:
Top