brooklyn memories

sankofaa

all the old heads come post some of your favorite memories in bk, back when it was live since the place is kinda wack now.

I remember wanting to go to the pool place on bedford and quincy back in the day, and my mother telling me i was too small.

I remember when fulton street mall was Albee Square

I remember my older cousins hitting up the old school clubs like calalloo and biltmore

shooting skelly with random kids in my building

H

Hellooo Brooklyn

Comin from Dr Jays on Fulton Street with your new gear the saturday before the first day of school... Aint no other feeling in the world..

Trying to find a way to sit comfortable in them chairs at Kenmore Movie Theater so that your shoes dont touch whatever crud was on them floors or you dont have to feel the rats crawling over ur shoes

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Empire Roller Skating Center ( R.I.P.)
200 Empire Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11225

Do i Need To Continue...if i must !

This spot was the Mecca of Fun in BKLYN ......we , the crew from Sullivan Pl, Stoddard Pl, Ludlam Pl, Montgomery St, & Ebbets Field held court at Empire Roller Skating.....tears came to my eyes went i heard they were closing.

By far the best fun I had as a teenager, even as an adult I went every now and then on Tues nights.

Shout Out To :
Big Bob on the one and two ! Blue Guerrillas held court in the center....Fly girls walking around in Sasson , Jordache Jeans ! Sheepskin and Ballys rule ! Big Mike, The Boss, Jeff, Jason, Don ( Lefty ) , Kim, Denise, Judy, Louie Rock, Gee Man( RIP ), Oliver and those sisters on Crown and Bedford Ave that I was in love with......damn what memories !

I was more or less a superstar on 8 wheels....we later went on to held court at Skate Key, Laces, Roxys, Twin City in NJ....but no place was home like Empire Skate....all I can say is that we did out thing, once you walk in, it was nothing but love, by far the fondest memories I had growing up in BK....we all had a " Good Time ".......

The Mecca of Skating- Empire Roller Skating Ring !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Jfw-2SgGME&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Jfw-2SgGME&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Say...what you want, there is no place like BKLYN in the world, an Empire Roller Skating Ring make it special !

God Bless all who came out and Rep ! You damn right we did our thing !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gXaSxONftEY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gXaSxONftEY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hfEJCQKeblU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hfEJCQKeblU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
all the old heads come post some of your favorite memories in bk, back when it was live since the place is kinda wack now.

I remember wanting to go to the pool place on bedford and quincy back in the day, and my mother telling me i was too small.

I remember when fulton street mall was Albee Square

I remember my older cousins hitting up the old school clubs like calalloo and biltmore

shooting skelly with random kids in my building
Albee Square mall was so wack back in the day...

For me was mainly the summer memories...when I was staying with my great-great aunt in Crown Heights and I used to walk all the way down Kingston to go hang out at St. Andrew's Park on Kingston and Atlantic because all the kids I used to lime with from The High used to live in that neighborhood.

I remember walking up and down Fulton, right after we'd moved to 920 Fulton...between Washington and St. James. I used to walk to St. Andrews...or I'd walk down to the Fulton Mall (the open air mall, not Albee Square) and just browse and gape at shit I could never afford.

I remember the local crack boys who used to be hustling across from us...right on the corner of Fulton and St. James....their spot was infront the chinese food place...which was right next door to the Pizza parlor. I remember one of the dudes well...big dude, went on to be a rapper or something (R.I.P)...

I remember when we were all hanging out in the park and it was time to go home when I walked Shawn and her cousin to their house...and her cousin insisted on walking me to the corner, then when I went to give her a hug she stole a kiss instead, lol...damn whatever happened to women like that? She was cute too...

Then we moved to Brownsville...and it was like we walked outta purgatory and straight into hell :kicks I remember working at the McDonald's on Pennsylvania and Linden...then walking to the No. 3 on Livonia (Nytrini whey yuh at? :smile3: ). I remember getting caught by the plain clothes cops for hopping the turnstiles, lol...and nearly shitting bricks when they handcuffed me. Lucky for me they gave me a break. Then like a month later walking the same route and nearly walking straight into a shootout...facing down a puerto rican kid with a Tec-9...the perforated barrel of which hung down by his knees.

The following night me an my co-worker Ron decide we'll walk home instead...so we walked along Hegeman, headed to Bristol...came upon the houses on Mother Gaston and there was a heated argument...some dude on the street yelling up to a next dude in the window. He called dude a faggot...and dude was like "I got your faggot right here...you hold on, I'm coming"...dude on the street was like "yeah, bring your ass down here". We walked past him and he was walking past us at this point...when he passed us he said, "Y'all might want to get outta here, I'm getting ready to set this ni**a up".

When we got to the corner there was another dude laying in the cut around the corner with and the two of them were waiting on dude. Ron and I crossed the street and jetted...all this at like 3-4 am.

Yeah...some of those Brooklyn memories are cool...but I don't miss it.

marabunta

What a FILTHY, DIRTY Place...........

.......SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!

These were my First Thoughts as I rode into Bedford Stuyvesant from Kennedy Airport-------

-----These were not the Images of America I saw in the Movies and on Television in Trinidad and Tobago.

Where did all these Black People come from???????????

I never saw their photos in any of the Glossy Magazines I thumbed thru, while sitting in the Air Conditioned comfort of the U.S.I.S. Library on Marli Street in Trinidad.

I felt like I had been lied to, and I started to Search for the Truth.

Last edited:
What a FILTHY, DIRTY Place...........

.......SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!

These were my First Thoughts as I rode into Bedford Stuyvesant from Kennedy Airport-------

-----These were not the Images of America I saw in the Movies and on Television in Trinidad and Tobago.

Where did all these Black People come from???????????

I never saw their photos in any of the Glossy Magazines I thumbed thru, while sitting in the Air Conditioned comfort of the U.S.I.S. Library on Marli Street in Trinidad.

I felt like I had been lied to, and I started to Search for the Truth.

^^^^ :kicks :kicks :kicks

i used to enjoy going to Grand Army Plaza library...lots of cuties :kicks
going to empire skating rink on Sundays.
going to basement parties all up and down flatbush.
shopping at kings plaza.
sneaking into diff't movies at kenmore before it became crack infested.
wearing doorknocker earrings and strictly guess jeans with polo sweaters (most of it boosted) since it was so popular then.
getting lost in prospect park.
playing squeeze de charmin.
living it up at caribbean city before it became wack.

This Was with Mecca of Fun in BKLYN ......we , the crew from Sullivan Pl, Stoddard Pl, Ludlam, Montgomery St, & Ebbets Field held court at Empire Roller Skating.....tears make to my eyes went i heard they were closing.

By far the best fun I had as a teenager, even as an adult I went every now and then on Tues nights.

Shout Out To :
Big Bob on the one and two ! Blue Guerrillas held court in the center....Fly girls walking around in Sasson , Jordache Jeans ! Sheepskin and Ballys rule ! Big Mike, The Boss, Jeff, Jason, Don ( Lefty ) , Kim, Denise, Judy, Louie Rock, Gee Man( RIP ), Oliver and those sisters on Crown and Bedford Ave that I was in love with......damn what memories !

I was more or less a superstar on 8 wheels....we later went on to held court at Skate Key, Laces, Roxys, Twin City in NJ....but no place was home like Empire Skate....all I can say is that we did out thing, once you walk in, it was nothing but love, by far the fondest memories I had growing up in BK....we all had a " Good Time ".......

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Jfw-2SgGME&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Jfw-2SgGME&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
You said, Socapineman! The rolling skating rink was the ish.... my father used to take me and my sister and our next door nieghbor there all the time my, because we weren't old enough to go by ourselves, my dad was a cool person so we had our fun.... and I remember when Lil Vicious came out with "Nika" I was so proud. :kicks

My memories of brooklyn was pretty much memories of my childhood before I moved to boring ass Staten Island. Of course, the summer time was the best times. I miss going outside jumping double dutch and playing games, while the jamaicans had their set up at the end of the block blasting reggae music, it was like everyday was a block party (I don't see them tings dat no more in brooklyn).

I miss running, every 5 minute, to the corner store to buy candy and to the chinese store to buy food (even if yuh had cook food in yuh house yuh still had to get chinee food). I miss just being 2 blocks away from Eastern Parkway, so close to where the west indian parade took place. I miss how good the parade used to be back then and how late it used to end. There is alot of things I miss, too much to mention. Brooklyn was so fun back then.

sankofaa

Albee Square mall was so wack back in the day...

For me was mainly the summer memories...when I was staying with my great-great aunt in Crown Heights and I used to walk all the way down Kingston to go hang out at St. Andrew's Park on Kingston and Atlantic because all the kids I used to lime with from The High used to live in that neighborhood.

I remember walking up and down Fulton, right after we'd moved to 920 Fulton...between Washington and St. James. I used to walk to St. Andrews...or I'd walk down to the Fulton Mall (the open air mall, not Albee Square) and just browse and gape at shit I could never afford.

I remember the local crack boys who used to be hustling across from us...right on the corner of Fulton and St. James....their spot was infront the chinese food place...which was right next door to the Pizza parlor. I remember one of the dudes well...big dude, went on to be a rapper or something (R.I.P)...

I remember when we were all hanging out in the park and it was time to go home when I walked Shawn and her cousin to their house...and her cousin insisted on walking me to the corner, then when I went to give her a hug she stole a kiss instead, lol...damn whatever happened to women like that? She was cute too...

Then we moved to Brownsville...and it was like we walked outta purgatory and straight into hell :kicks I remember working at the McDonald's on Pennsylvania and Linden...then walking to the No. 3 on Livonia (Nytrini whey yuh at? :smile3: ). I remember getting caught by the plain clothes cops for hopping the turnstiles, lol...and nearly shitting bricks when they handcuffed me. Lucky for me they gave me a break. Then like a month later walking the same route and nearly walking straight into a shootout...facing down a puerto rican kid with a Tec-9...the perforated barrel of which hung down by his knees.

The following night me an my co-worker Ron decide we'll walk home instead...so we walked along Hegeman, headed to Bristol...came upon the houses on Mother Gaston and there was a heated argument...some dude on the street yelling up to a next dude in the window. He called dude a faggot...and dude was like "I got your faggot right here...you hold on, I'm coming"...dude on the street was like "yeah, bring your ass down here". We walked past him and he was walking past us at this point...when he passed us he said, "Y'all might want to get outta here, I'm getting ready to set this ni**a up".

When we got to the corner there was another dude laying in the cut around the corner with and the two of them were waiting on dude. Ron and I crossed the street and jetted...all this at like 3-4 am.

Yeah...some of those Brooklyn memories are cool...but I don't miss it.
i used to hoop over there, on the courts in Van Dyke. We used to post up by the chicken spot across the street. I remember when the first few people started claiming blood over there, now the whole area is blood infested (RIP keon).

The Empire was poppin when i was a kid, my sister used to have bday parties there.

Who used to hit up coney island on easter to show off their fresh sneakers?

Who remembers the store CONSUMERS? lol

S

Spoogie

How can you claim Trinidad when you been in America for so long you actually worked at MIKI DDDDSSSSSSSSSSS

burger King workers wanna hate
Trow some salt on dat friesssssssssssssss

:kicks

The Captain

The old bus pass with the hologram(sp) in the middle and paper transfers.

I used to go to school in Crown Heights and used to dread walking across President Street, those blocks were long as shite.

I hated Astroland.
Used to play ball in the Park Summer League, Show Me What You Got!!

The Fire Hydrant used to be on, well not on my block but on other block was tons of fun.

BCAT on a Friday was something else. I never fiended for Flex Showcases though. Lol.

Damn, I grew up too fast.

Last edited:

Libralove83

Ęmρ®ëśš VăńєŞŞâ
i used to hoop over there, on the courts in Van Dyke. We used to post up by the chicken spot across the street. I remember when the first few people started claiming blood over there, now the whole area is blood infested (RIP keon).

The Empire was poppin when i was a kid, my sister used to have bday parties there.

Who remembers the store CONSUMERS? lol
:lol you knew it was Easter in Brooklyn cuz everybody had on their new clothes and was at Coney Island.

My memories of Brooklyn - Jumping double dutch on the block, eating italian ices and those long 25 cents icees in the summer, roller blading or riding my bike to prospect park, definitely those hologram bus passes, sitting on the stoop, my sister and I stayed pushing our heads out the window to mind people business. Heroes and those Sunnydale 50 cents juices was your lunch for a class trip. quarter waters was the everyday drink. Penny candy stores is where you get most of your candy from.

I'll remember more later....but those were some fun times!!

sankofaa

:lol you knew it was Easter in Brooklyn cuz everybody had on their new clothes and was at Coney Island.

My memories of Brooklyn - Jumping double dutch on the block, eating italian ices and those long 25 cents icees in the summer, roller blading or riding my bike to prospect park, definitely those hologram bus passes, sitting on the stoop, my sister and I stayed pushing our heads out the window to mind people business. Heroes and those Sunnydale 50 cents juices was your lunch for a class trip. quarter waters was the everyday drink. Penny candy stores is where you get most of your candy from.

YES, quarter waters and icees, i still eat .50 icees the coconut ones

I remember if you had Nutriment shakes you were the shyt on my block

Also borrowing an one of the old heads cars and smashing chicks by Canarsie piers, or on the rooftop of her building lol

Ras_Apache

the good old basement parties every weekend.

the crown heights riots.

getting chased by a group of 50 dudes on the way home from school on a regular basis....getting shot at by sed dudes.......shooting back and sed dudes.....lol

battling dudes with my break dance crew

church ave. every weekend in the summer was a big block party form about 35th to 45th street. craziness.

im not gonna even touch on the calalloo, tilden hall fetes.......oh the memories

DeSocaPrincess

Be like water

This spot was the Mecca of Fun in BKLYN ......we , the crew from Sullivan Pl, Stoddard Pl, Ludlam Pl, Montgomery St, & Ebbets Field held court at Empire Roller Skating.....tears came to my eyes went i heard they were closing.

Shout Out To :

I was more or less a superstar on 8 wheels....we later went on to held court at Skate Key, Laces, Roxys, Twin City what chu know bout dem places...in NJ....but no place was home like Empire Skate....all I can say is that we did out thing, once you walk in, it was nothing but love, by far the fondest memories I had growing up in BK....we all had a " Good Time ".......

Who remembers the store CONSUMERS?
lol... yuh damn right. my NES came from there lol

The old bus pass with the hologram(sp) in the middle and paper transfers. man the scams we pulled with them bus/train passes lol

I used to go to school in Crown Heights and used to dread walking across President Street I lived here and in the 90's , those blocks were long as shite.

I hated Astroland.
Used to play ball in the Park Summer League, Show Me What You Got!!

The Fire Hydrant used to be on, well not on my block but on other block was tons of fun. man the stories bout that.

BCAT on a Friday was something else. I never fiended for Flex Showcases though. Lol.

Damn, I grew up too fast.

the good old basement parties every weekend.

the crown heights riots. never knew fear till then

getting chased by a group of 50 dudes on the way home from school on a regular basis....getting shot at by sed dudes.......shooting back and sed dudes.....lol

battling dudes with my break dance crew

church ave. every weekend in the summer was a big block party form about 35th to 45th street. craziness.

im not gonna even touch on the calalloo, tilden hall fetes.......oh the memories
damn i thought i was the only one. and breaking night with yuh crew. SYEP programs... lim'n in prospect park. if you lived in the projects and they had a center you were a part of they drill team/step team. man it goes on... i grew up wayyyy to fast more lata

Last edited:

sankofaa

lol... yuh damn right. my NES came from there lol

damn i thought i was the only one. and breaking night with yuh crew. SYEP programs... lim'n in prospect park. if you lived in the projects and they had a center you were a part of they drill team/step team. man it goes on... i grew up wayyyy to fast more lata

YUP, and every projects had a holiday LG day was off the hook

I remember the bad times too, having to walk 10 deep to the store, and somebody had the biscuit on em. Myrtle ave was a HOT SPOT.

I remember when cats was rocking the eightball jackets w/ high tops, you had to be thorough to walk with one of those on down fulton st.

Speaking of, the KFC, on Fulton and Nostrand, where you had to go 15 deep, and somebody would still be eyein your gear/girl/wallet/etc.